The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:20 pm No GoUnion. That horrid awful irrational mess was addressed directly at Bradman.

:shock:

Bradman is clearly the victim of Carmen's brutal gas lighting assault upon his very person.

:o

And then you show up with a gas lantern.
You’re right that it’s a direct address and not some “gaslight.”

Gaslighting is the parlor trick you pull when claiming what I write is irrational or otherwise unintelligible, much like you claim the years of work done by AI Ph.D’s is somehow “technobabble.”

You only end up gaslighting yourself, along with the rest of the misogynist WSs around here.

That said, bradman is playing a classic blame-the-victim role, itself a form of actual gaslighting.

If this guy had something coming, it was from a court and a judge. Not the latest violent vigilante hero of neonazis like the Proud Boys, Tucker Carlson, TPUSA, and Jack Posobiec.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 pm Settle down Sam. It's all good. It's no big deal. i'm used to it. And for the most part, it has become totally irrelevant to any discussion i'd care for. Let it go.

Your turn GU.
You’re rationalizing white-nationalist vigilantism and murdering people who protest police brutality. You’ve been doing it since the Rittenhouse story first broke. Indeed, we’ve been over this many, many times, bradman.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:52 pm You’re rationalizing white-nationalist vigilantism and murdering people who protest police brutality. You’ve been doing it since the Rittenhouse story first broke. Indeed, we’ve been over this many, many times, bradman.
Stunning to watch them sit there and rationalize what is happening. We know for instance Women will be 2nd class citizens soon.

I admit I sometimes watch "Survivor", a co worker when I was at the office got me going because I was a Big Brother fan, anyway watching the host Jeff Probst and wondering if he feels good about watching the total destruction of his country happening because of his boss, in large part.

Did they not understand what is about to happen was the logical end result of their behavour?

When the dead Women reports start coming out, will they care?
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:27 pm Stunning to watch them sit there and rationalize what is happening. We know for instance Women will be 2nd class citizens soon.

I admit I sometimes watch "Survivor", a co worker when I was at the office got me going because I was a Big Brother fan, anyway watching the host Jeff Probst and wondering if he feels good about watching the total destruction of his country happening because of his boss, in large part.

Did they not understand what is about to happen was the logical end result of their behavour?
They understand it.

It's why they act like this.
When the dead Women reports start coming out, will they care?
They will not. They dont now, and think it's a joke.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:06 pm The people you talk to here, Gounion, are going to stand by and say nothing and do nothing WHEN, not if, MAGA starts killing innocent people like they tried to do on January 6.

I am glad you and others are able to talk to them, because I cant. I do learn though, but really there isnt much more to learn about them. They have defended the worst human behavour and will continue to do so.
The last thing Sam will do is actually ignore anyone. He's just showing he can't actually rebut anyone. He's just being the ultimate internet troll.
gounion

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:36 pm Yes, that's wise Bradman.

:)

Turing heel and walking off, (:ignore:), is the thing to do.
Yet you're still here. You DON'T walk off. You continue to post in the thread. The exact opposite of what you say you're doing. Troll.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:06 am The last thing Sam will do is actually ignore anyone. He's just showing he can't actually rebut anyone. He's just being the ultimate internet troll.
:roll:

And you are projecting.
gounion

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:55 am :roll:

And you are projecting.
Nope. I don't pretend. I don't act like I'm ignoring anyone. I don't play your bullshit trolling games.

You play games and troll because you no longer have the ability, for whatever reason, to offer cogent arguments. It wasn't always the case.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:57 am Nope. I don't pretend. I don't act like I'm ignoring anyone. I don't play your bullshit trolling games.

You play games and troll because you no longer have the ability, for whatever reason, to offer cogent arguments. It wasn't always the case.
You don't offer cogent arguments you hurl at people you consider second class.
gounion

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:03 am You don't offer cogent arguments you hurl at people you consider second class.
My arguments are always on the issue. I don't pull bullshit word games and misdirects like you do. I've never been one to beat around the bush, I've spent my professional life being a strong advocate for my issues. I will never apologize for that.

*edit to add* I note that Sam offers no defense or justification for his trolling actions, only attacking me, while I can easily defend my actions. So it seems to me that he's conceding my points without response.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:07 am My arguments are always on the issue. I don't pull bullshit word games and misdirects like you do. I've never been one to beat around the bush, I've spent my professional life being a strong advocate for my issues. I will never apologize for that.

*edit to add* I note that Sam offers no defense or justification for his trolling actions, only attacking me, while I can easily defend my actions. So it seems to me that he's conceding my points without response.
GoUnion do you remember your old signature, that chess board with the pigeon who shit on the board and then strutted around claiming to be victorious?

This is kind of like it, but it's not quite the same:

:lol:

The thing was it was hilarious because it was a projection.
gounion

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:25 am GoUnion do you remember your old signature, that chess board with the pigeon who shit on the board and then strutted around claiming to be victorious?

This is kind of like it, but it's not quite the same:

The thing was it was hilarious because it was a projection.
That was never my sig. You are confused.

I offer arguments. You offer bullshit, and you know it. That's why you can't defend your own actions. It's stupid for someone to say over and over they are ignoring someone when they reply to every post they make. There IS an ignore feature in the board software. If you are really going to ignore someone, you can use it.

But you aren't ignoring. You're just trolling.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:31 am That was never my sig. You are confused.

I offer arguments. You offer bullshit, and you know it. That's why you can't defend your own actions. It's stupid for someone to say over and over they are ignoring someone when they reply to every post they make. There IS an ignore feature in the board software. If you are really going to ignore someone, you can use it.

But you aren't ignoring. You're just trolling.

One that was just like it except it said "Arguing with Conservatives"
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:25 am Image
I love that graphic.(Insert irony here). Mac vs. PC arguments seem to far less frequent these days. Frankly, I never got the whole point.

Yeah I use a Mac. I'm not on any kind of jihad to convince anybody else to use one. It works for me. You can rant all you care about why you think Macs suxxxor. I just don't care. I don't even get why you feel the need.

What bugs me is when these "arguments" break out it's rarely Mac users starting them, or being the ones acting unreasonable.

In general, it's just a topic I just avoid. I've so been there, done that, what's the point? Here's my crazy idea: use what you like and what works for you. If you feel a burning need to convince others to use your preferred choice of consumer product ... dunno, have at it, not interested myself.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

ProfX wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:47 am I love that graphic.(Insert irony here). Mac vs. PC arguments seem to far less frequent these days. Frankly, I never got the whole point.

Yeah I use a Mac. I'm not on any kind of jihad to convince anybody else to use one. It works for me. You can rant all you care about why you think Macs suxxxor. I just don't care. I don't even get why you feel the need.

What bugs me is when these "arguments" break out it's rarely Mac users starting them, or being the ones acting unreasonable.

In general, it's just a topic I just avoid. I've so been there, done that, what's the point? Here's my crazy idea: use what you like and what works for you. If you feel a burning need to convince others to use your preferred choice of consumer product ... dunno, have at it, not interested myself.
:)

I remember those trashes, I was Linux user back then so I was on the sidelines watching.
gounion

Post by gounion »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:36 am :lol:

One that was just like it except it said "Arguing with Conservatives"
Nope. Never used it. You're confused. I remember it, but it was someone else on the board that was using it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:25 am
Chrystul Kizer Supporters Want Justice After Rittenhouse Verdict - The Root
Chrystul Kizer is awaiting trial on charges of killing her alleged sex trafficker three years ago

Chrystul Kizer is Black Woman who is a sex trafficking victim that killed her alleged trafficker three years ago when she was 17-years-old. She is claiming self-defense per the report from NBC News.

What also makes this similar to the Rittenhouse case is that this trial is being held in Kenosha, Wisconsin, where he was found not guilty. Now supporters of Kizer feel that if Rittenhouse can successfully claim self-defense, why can’t she?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:36 am
COLUMN: Rittenhouse case proves white conservatives fear losing racial, cultural hegemony - Talequah Daily Press, opinion
We are witnessing a similar pattern being repeated that echoes the period following Reconstruction (1866-1876). And it was a period that saw civil rights victories for Black Americans that included amendments to the U.S. Constitution providing for the abolition of slavery, equal treatment under the law, and the right to vote. After the election of Rutherford B. Hayes as president in the 1876 election, when a congressional bipartisan commission had to resolve a disputed electoral situation in three carpetbag states, Hayes was awarded the presidency with the condition that U.S. troops would be withdrawn from former secessionist states. With U.S. forces no longer stationed in the South, there was no way to continue to enforce Reconstructionist policies.

Black women in the South were sexually assaulted, and Black men were the victims of lynchings. And by 1896, the U.S. Supreme Court would rule that the "separate but equal" doctrine did not violate the U.S. Constitution in the case of Plessy v. Ferguson. In the post-President Barack Obama era, we are witnessing the same type of attacks on those whom the conservative right view as a threat to their place in American society. It is fair to say that white conservatives are afraid of losing their racial and cultural hegemony.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

From a tweet in the article:
Chrystul Kizer—17-yr-old Black girl in Wisconsin who killed the man raping & trafficking her
•Convicted & case is now in Appeals

Kyle Rittenhouse—17-yr-old white boy in Wisconsin who took an AR-15 to a protest & killed 2
•Acquitted

The system isnt broken—it was built this way
I notice all the people ignoring this when you post it. They say that the guys Rittenhouse murdered deserved it, so it's good that Rittenhouse killed them. But why doesn't anyone say that a sex trafficker deserved to die?

That's their logic, right?

The system isn't broken - it was built this way. Built to set white murderers free, and to imprison black people.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:53 am From a tweet in the article:

I notice all the people ignoring this when you post it. They say that the guys Rittenhouse murdered deserved it, so it's good that Rittenhouse killed them. But why doesn't anyone say that a sex trafficker deserved to die?

That's their logic, right?

The system isn't broken - it was built this way. Built to set white murderers free, and to imprison black people.
In fact, the Black girl ought to be grateful for being raped and trafficked by a white man in God’s Favorite Country.

Rape is just something else for them to joke about. One of them, Glennfs, is an admitted rapist of a 15 year old and brags about marrying her.

They’ve never felt we have a right to fend off our attackers, and they don’t now, either. So, they circle the wagons around each other and stoke the fires of personal victimhood because nobody is talking their crap.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:47 am I love that graphic.(Insert irony here). Mac vs. PC arguments seem to far less frequent these days. Frankly, I never got the whole point.

When I was in IT I used to have this wink-wink old joke that I'm "totally cross-platform," a takeoff on being bi. :lol: I actually got to use it in an interview, once, with an LGBTQ organization.

Got the job. :lol:

Anyway, I've always been both Mac and PC and it really helped in my career. Still does. Sam Lefthand mentioned being Linux - I know a bit of Linux but not as well as the other two. But -- knowing a bit of Linux really helps with understanding command line for Terminal. These platforms aren't always as binary as they seem. :P :P :P

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

To me, computers are a tool. I don't need to know how to build a TIG welder, I just know how to weld. I like well-designed machinery that does what it's supposed to do with minimal hassle.

So no programming for me! And Windows has always sucked. It only sucks slightly less than it used to.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:55 pm Left or right, i don't like facts being distorted.
Good way to become unpopular with some.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:51 pm [bold] Which Rittenhouse's lawyers would have tried to use but for one thing.........The judge ruled their past criminal records as inadmissible and of no relevance to the court case.
As it should be.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

I use both Windows and Mac. I like certain thinks about PC's and certain things about Mac. I think it depends on what you are doing and what you've gotten used to. If someone asks me what to buy, I have to ask what they are going to use it for.