The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
gounion

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 pm He used it as a weapon. Swung it hard enough to make it a threat to life. He shouldn’t have done that.
And Rittenhouse's actions weren't a threat to life?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:23 pm And Rittenhouse's actions weren't a threat to life?
Are nigger-lovers truly living, though?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 pm He used it as a weapon. Swung it hard enough to make it a threat to life. He shouldn’t have done that.
Conservative white males always expect to get away with their crimes.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:22 pm No he wouldn’t. There was a post about a father daughter open carrying. No police shot them dead. Black people open carry. Police don’t shoot them down.
That was right after the Rittenhouse decision, and the press was there the whole time, so they left them alone.

And no, they don't open carry. When they do, this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGZnB41_e4

And if blacks can carry, explain why Philando Castile is dead and the cop that murdered him is a free man.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:28 pm That was right after the Rittenhouse decision, and the press was there the whole time, so they left them alone.

And if blacks can carry, explain why Philando Castile is dead and the cop that murdered him is a free man.
Conservative white males like greengrass will never be in danger of something like this happening.

Never.

So they remain secure in their delusions about reality.

What Happens When the Police Misidentify You as the Dallas Shooter - GQ

This happened in the wake of the Philando Castile and Alton Sterling protests. Greengrass and the rest of these people were silent about it, I can guarantee it.

Or maybe they joined the country in baying for Hughes's blood as soon as his picture hit the news, thanks to the cops, dunno. :problem:
Mark Hughes took his AR-15 to the Dallas Black Lives Matter protest to make a point about gun rights. The police ended up proving it for him.

Maybe you remember Philando Castile, the black man who was shot and killed by a police officer during a traffic stop in a suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota, the evening of July 6. Castile had informed the officer that he was carrying a handgun and that he had a concealed-carry permit. He went to reach for his wallet—it’s not clear whether he did so under instruction or not—when the officer, Jeronimo Yanez, shot Castile several times in the arm and torso. Diamond Reynolds, Castile's girlfriend, remarkably calm as her boyfriend sat slumped and bleeding beside her, started live-streaming to Facebook Live immediately after the officer fired. Within hours the video could be seen on every major news network.

By the time of Castile’s death, the so-called "police-involved death" had become an tragically recurring occurrence. Two years earlier, police shot and killed Michael Brown in Ferguson. Three months after that, an officer shot and killed a twelve-year-old boy, Tamir Rice, in Cleveland. Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge had been shot and killed by an officer only a day before Castile. The death count of black men—and boys—killed during police altercations climbed, each fanning the flames of the burgeoning Black Lives Matter movement.

Hughes, a native of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, had taken part in marches and rallies against police brutality already. He and his brother, Cory, a former pastor-turned-activist based in Dallas-Fort-Worth, had protested in Ferguson, Baltimore, and beyond. Since news broke about Philando Castile's death, Cory had begun to organize a march for the evening of July 7th in downtown Dallas. Hughes planned to attend, but as a black man and a gun owner, he resolved to speak up for Philando Castile in a way that went beyond marching and holding a sign.

"I knew what I wanted to do, what I wanted to stand for," Hughes told me. And that meant taking his gun, an AR-15 rifle.

The protest started at Belo Garden Park at 7 p.m., with roughly 800 people heading up Commerce Street. By 8:45, the protesters had begun to disperse. About ten minutes later, shots rang out. And at 10:52pm, with the shooter still at large and downtown Dallas still on lockdown, the Dallas Police Department tweeted out a photo of Hughes holding his AR-15 rifle, declaring him a suspect.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Fact: only one person that night brought a weapon that can be and often is used in mass shootings to kill large groups of people.

If you see such a person wandering around and pointing it at people, and they also look too callow and inexperienced to use it safely, I think you can also be very reasonably "affeeered" of a threat to your life. So on my list of shouldn't, I say also, young person without proper training to use such weapon should not have been toting it around that night. And who knows, if Wisconsin didn't write their possession law with some very bizarre wording, the charge of illegal possession by a minor would have had him "dead to rights"...if nothing else.

Yes, Grosskreutz brought a pistol, but unlike an AR-15, it is not something that can be effectively used for a mass shooting. (It wasn't semi auto.) Also AFAIK until confronting R., he kept it holstered/concealed. BTW, he is a very strong 2nd amendment supporter, saw an interview with him, hence why he too was carrying.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:39 pm Conservative white males like greengrass will never be in danger of something like this happening.

Never.

So they remain secure in their delusions about reality.

What Happens When the Police Misidentify You as the Dallas Shooter - GQ

This happened in the wake of the Philando Castile and Alton Sterling protests. Greengrass and the rest of these people were silent about it, I can guarantee it.

Or maybe they joined the country in baying for Hughes's blood as soon as his picture hit the news, thanks to the cops, dunno. :problem:
From your article, a reality check:
Here’s another thing Hughes never received: the NRA’s support. The gargantuan gun lobbying association has never issued a statement supporting Mark Hughes (although it did tweet its condolences to the Dallas Police Department), just as the NRA remained vague and noncommittal in the death of Philando Castile, despite his legal right to carry a weapon. Yet when George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin, NRA official Chris Cox quickly defended Florida’s Stand Your Ground law; saying that "to send a message that legitimate self-defense is to blame is unconscionable."

The message is unspoken but clear: When America sees a black man with a gun, it sees a problem to be neutralized. It doesn’t matter if he simply wants to exercise his Constitutional rights, as Mark Hughes did. It doesn’t matter if he tries to de-escalate the situation, as Philando Castile did. It doesn’t even matter if he’s twelve years old and only carrying a toy gun, as Tamir Rice did. That Mark Hughes walked away alive made him lucky, but it does not make him whole.

“Being of a darker color, that Second Amendment right, you’re not supposed to exercise that right,” says Hughes. “When others do it, it’s okay, but when you do it, you’re a threat to the public...I would think I was afforded the same rights, when in reality I’m not."
The NRA is for gun rights for WHITE people.
Ted

Post by Ted »

ProfX wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:40 pm Fact: only one person that night brought a weapon that can be and often is used in mass shootings to kill large groups of people.

If you see such a person wandering around and pointing it at people, and they also look too callow and inexperienced to use it safely, I think you can also be very reasonably "affeeered" of a threat to your life. So on my list of shouldn't, I say also, young person without proper training to use such weapon should not have been toting it around that night. And who knows, if Wisconsin didn't write their possession law with some very bizarre wording, the charge of illegal possession by a minor would have had him "dead to rights"...if nothing else.

Yes, Grosskreutz brought a pistol, but unlike an AR-15, it is not something that can be effectively used for a mass shooting. (It wasn't semi auto.) Also AFAIK until confronting R., he kept it holstered/concealed. BTW, he is a very strong 2nd amendment supporter, saw an interview with him, hence why he too was carrying.
I have to dispute a couple of your facts Professor.

The most commonly used firearm used in mass shootings is a handgun and the one Grosskreutz was carrying was a semi auto.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Ted wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 pm I have to dispute a couple of your facts Professor.

The most commonly used firearm used in mass shootings is a handgun and the one Grosskreutz was carrying was a semi auto.
Doesn't it depend on what you call mass shootings?
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Ted wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 pm The most commonly used firearm used in mass shootings is a handgun and the one Grosskreutz was carrying was a semi auto.
So, we need some qualification, you are correct. We need to insert the word "deadliest".

https://www.axios.com/deadliest-mass-sh ... e7c86.html

The deadliest mass shootings in recent history have had one thing in common: the perpetrator used an assault rifle.

Why it matters: These weapons possess an incredible amount of killing power, and amplify the destructive will of the person who carries out an attack. Nine people died and 27 were injured in a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio in an attack that lasted 32 seconds. The killer used an AR-15 style assault rifle.

Since 1999, there have been 115 mass shootings (defined below) in which 941 people were killed and 1,431 were injured.
Of those 115 attacks, 32 — just over a quarter — involved semi-automatic rifles. But those attacks accounted for 40% of all deaths and 69% of all injuries.
Since 2017, 12 of the 31 mass shootings involved assault rifles — which caused 39% of the deaths and 92% of the injuries.

[snip][end]

What pistol did G. have, Ted? Just curious, not challenging you. Also, BTW, AFAIK my other statement remains correct, he never brandished it at or pointed it at anyone other than R. It was concealed in his holster until then.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Ted

Post by Ted »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:57 pm Doesn't it depend on what you call mass shootings?
Certainly could depend on that.

Here's where my info comes from....

https://everytownresearch.org/maps/mass ... 2009-2019/
Ted

Post by Ted »

ProfX wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:04 pm So, we need some qualification, you are correct. We need to insert the word "deadliest".

https://www.axios.com/deadliest-mass-sh ... e7c86.html

The deadliest mass shootings in recent history have had one thing in common: the perpetrator used an assault rifle.

Why it matters: These weapons possess an incredible amount of killing power, and amplify the destructive will of the person who carries out an attack. Nine people died and 27 were injured in a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio in an attack that lasted 32 seconds. The killer used an AR-15 style assault rifle.

Since 1999, there have been 115 mass shootings (defined below) in which 941 people were killed and 1,431 were injured.
Of those 115 attacks, 32 — just over a quarter — involved semi-automatic rifles. But those attacks accounted for 40% of all deaths and 69% of all injuries.
Since 2017, 12 of the 31 mass shootings involved assault rifles — which caused 39% of the deaths and 92% of the injuries.

[snip][end]

What pistol did G. have, Ted? Just curious, not challenging you. Also, BTW, AFAIK my other statement remains correct, he never brandished it at or pointed it at anyone other than R. It was concealed in his holster until then.
I believe he testified that he was carrying a Glock 27 and I don't think he pointed it at anyone other than Kyle either.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Ted wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:21 pm Certainly could depend on that.

Here's where my info comes from....

https://everytownresearch.org/maps/mass ... 2009-2019/
Are you for some sort of gun control? Any sort of gun control?
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Ted wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:25 pm I believe he testified that he was carrying a Glock 27 and I don't think he pointed it at anyone other than Kyle either.
K. Looks like standard magazine capacity is 9 rounds, optional mag capacity up to 22. Looks like a small pistol. Have my doubts it's used in many mass shootings, but open to data that shows otherwise.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g27
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Michael Edison Hayden
@MichaelEHayden

Apparently Kyle Rittenhouse hung out with neo-Nazi collaborator Jack Posobiec today: https://splcenter.org/splc-investigatio ... t-movement

https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/stat ... 9178639362

By the way, Jack Posobiec is not a "neo-Nazi collaborator," Jack Posobiec is a neo-Nazi.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Michael Edison Hayden
@MichaelEHayden

Jack Posobiec stood outside of the opening ceremony of the African American History museum in DC holding a sign that read "Blacks are superpredators."

Then he bragged about it over text to Richard Spencer: https://splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/07 ... t-movement

https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/stat ... 8875032576

As we know, this is not the first time WN Boy has been caught hanging out with baldfaced racists. This isn't a secret, nor is it a secret that the conservatives here support this WS.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

The Urban Dictionary says Posobiec is "a shitbag floating around in a douchecanoe."

:|

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Posobiec
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:10 pm The Urban Dictionary says Posobiec is "a shitbag floating around in a douchecanoe."

:|

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Posobiec
Your friends support these individuals and their goals.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:28 pm That was right after the Rittenhouse decision, and the press was there the whole time, so they left them alone.

You really believe police want to shoot minorities who open carry. That’s just stupid. Beyond stupid. Delusional.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:23 pm And Rittenhouse's actions weren't a threat to life?
14 jurors said his actions were self defense.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:40 pm Fact: only one person that night brought a weapon that can be and often is used in mass shootings to kill large groups of people.

Actually not a lot of people are killed with a long barrel rifle.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I suggest you review some stats I posed earlier.

Just sticking to the one we are discussing, the AR-15.

What makes the AR-15 style rifle the weapon of choice for mass shooters?
Some of the worst massacres in recent memory have had something in common: the AR-15 style rifle. Scott Pelley reports on why the high-velocity rounds used in the gun make it so deadly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ar-15-used ... 021-06-13/

The mass shooting this past April at an Indianapolis FedEx facility has something in common with the deadliest massacres - the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle. Variations of the AR-15 were used to kill at a Boulder, Colorado, supermarket, a Pittsburgh synagogue, Texas church, a Las Vegas concert, a high school in Florida, and Sandy Hook Elementary School. The AR-15 is the most popular rifle in America. There are over 19 million and they are rarely used in crime. Handguns kill far more people. But as we first reported in 2018, the AR-15 is the choice of our worst mass murderers. AR-15 ammunition travels three times the speed of sound. And tonight, we're going to slow that down – so you can see why the AR-15's high-velocity ammo is the fear of every American emergency room.

[snip][end]

It seems to be a good choice for mass shooters who want their rampage to be deadly to many people.

I won't dispute handguns kill more people or are used in more crimes, or that semi-auto pistols have been used in mass shootings. But when we get to deaths & injuries specifically from mass shootings ...
Last edited by ProfX on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

One instance. One cop. Therefore all cops do it. Not a good analytic methodology.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:49 pm I suggest you review some stats I posed earlier.

Just sticking to the one we are discussing, the AR-15.

What makes the AR-15 style rifle the weapon of choice for mass shooters?
Some of the worst massacres in recent memory have had something in common: the AR-15 style rifle. Scott Pelley reports on why the high-velocity rounds used in the gun make it so deadly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ar-15-used ... 021-06-13/

The mass shooting this past April at an Indianapolis FedEx facility has something in common with the deadliest massacres - the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle. Variations of the AR-15 were used to kill at a Boulder, Colorado, supermarket, a Pittsburgh synagogue, Texas church, a Las Vegas concert, a high school in Florida, and Sandy Hook Elementary School. The AR-15 is the most popular rifle in America. There are over 19 million and they are rarely used in crime. Handguns kill far more people. But as we first reported in 2018, the AR-15 is the choice of our worst mass murderers. AR-15 ammunition travels three times the speed of sound. And tonight, we're going to slow that down – so you can see why the AR-15's high-velocity ammo is the fear of every American emergency room.

[snip][end]

It seems to be a good choice for mass shooters who want their rampage to be deadly to many people.

I won't dispute handguns kill more people, or that semi-auto pistols have been used in mass shootings. But when we get to deaths & injuries ...
Compare long gun fatalities since 1999 with handgun fatalities and long gun isn’t a lot. Plus comparing Rittenhouse to mass shooter isn’t going to fly either.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:49 pm One instance. One cop. Therefore all cops do it. Not a good analytic methodology.
The video isn’t one cop. In the case of the black man, it was MANY.

And with the Philando Castile death, the cop walked free. You can’t explain why.