The GOP Snowflake Thread

News and events of the day
ap215

Re: The GOP Snowflake Thread

Post by ap215 »

Trump lawyer who lost bid to kill American democracy calls Simone Biles and Joe Biden 'losers'

Jenna Ellis is perhaps best known for conspicuously side-eyeing Rudy Giuliani as the last remnants of his eternal soul seeped from his sphincter into the blessed ether, leaving the dusty husk of Twiddle-Knobs Nosferatu behind to imperil Western democracy. She’s almost as well known for being part of the Trump legal effort that grievously embarrassed the ex-pr*sident—and the world’s most powerful democracy—with a series of feckless court challenges.

But somehow stepping on the same rake over and over again in a long-shot bid to return a venal tub of suet to power makes you a “winner,” whereas being the greatest gymnast in the history of the sport lands you squarely in the “loser” category—as does winning a presidential election with the highest vote total in history.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/7 ... den-losers
ap215

Post by ap215 »

ZoWie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:05 pm The Senate is broken.

Most of the people who broke it are Republicans with connections to the global energy oligarchy. The problem, though, is the filibuster and everyone knows it. It enables them. Any single bozo acting on behalf of donors can kill any bill without 2/3, and you'll rarely get 2/3 for anything.

Fix it or the Senate will never work again, and the US government will remain broken and impotent.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I do not want to make light of Herschel Walker's apparent history of mental illness. Some are speculating injuries or CTEs from his football career may be the cause. I have no idea, but this much I will say, a man with these conditions, untreated, should not be in the Senate.

https://marketrealist.com/p/herschel-wa ... al-health/

Walker has always been open about his battle with mental health since he has dealt with it since he was a child. In his book, Breaking Free, the former NFL player talked about being diagnosed with a dissociative identity disorder.

According to WebMD, dissociative identity disorder, also called multiple personality disorder, is a severe form of dissociation, which is a mental process that produces a deficit of connection throughout someone’s thoughts, feelings, sense of identity, or actions. The disorder can stem from various factors such as trauma, environmental stresses, abuse, emotional neglect, and more. When triggered, a person with dissociative identity disorder can dissociate themselves from a traumatic situation as a coping mechanism.

In his book, Walker says he was diagnosed with the disorder in 2001, and the book was published in 2008. So, his history of mental illness has been public for many years, but it has resurfaced since he's a politician running for U.S. Senate in Georgia.

In 2011, Walker was involved in an incident where he got into a dispute with his ex-wife Cindy Grossman. He reportedly threatened to “blow her head off.” His ex-wife has been public about the domestic violence she went through during her marriage to Walker. The former NFL player admits to his wrongdoings but has always said it was due to mental health.

Walker has had the police called on him on numerous occasions. In 2001, Walker's therapist told authorities that he was “volatile” and armed with a handgun. The police report claims Walker was talking about having a shootout with authorities.

Walker wasn't charged after the incident. While he has moved on from his previous violent incidents, politicians and media have brought up his past. They have suggested that Walker shouldn't even be considered for Georgia’s U.S. Senate spot.

[snip][end]

[from twitter]
Tim Miller@Timodc

This video also includes Walker explaining he went on a high speed chase with a loaded firearm and intent to kill and voices in his head telling him he needs to do it for vengeance.

The Republican Accountability Project@AccountableGOP
Herschel Walker falsely claims that he is an FBI agent.

It gets worse. He proceeds to tell an unhinged story about angrily grabbing a gun with the intent to kill a man.
Embedded video
9:30 PM · Jul 18, 2022
[end]

You have to go to Twitter to see the video, but it is a clip of Walker saying he believed he was an FBI agent, and heard voices telling him to take vengeance on people. Dissociative identity disorder ("Three Faces of Eve") is quite real and quite serious. AFAIK, it may be treatable, but it is not curable.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:29 pm I do not want to make light of Herschel Walker's apparent history of mental illness. Some are speculating injuries or CTEs from his football career may be the cause. I have no idea, but this much I will say, a man with these conditions, untreated, should not be in the Senate.

https://marketrealist.com/p/herschel-wa ... al-health/

Walker has always been open about his battle with mental health since he has dealt with it since he was a child. In his book, Breaking Free, the former NFL player talked about being diagnosed with a dissociative identity disorder.

According to WebMD, dissociative identity disorder, also called multiple personality disorder, is a severe form of dissociation, which is a mental process that produces a deficit of connection throughout someone’s thoughts, feelings, sense of identity, or actions. The disorder can stem from various factors such as trauma, environmental stresses, abuse, emotional neglect, and more. When triggered, a person with dissociative identity disorder can dissociate themselves from a traumatic situation as a coping mechanism.

In his book, Walker says he was diagnosed with the disorder in 2001, and the book was published in 2008. So, his history of mental illness has been public for many years, but it has resurfaced since he's a politician running for U.S. Senate in Georgia.

In 2011, Walker was involved in an incident where he got into a dispute with his ex-wife Cindy Grossman. He reportedly threatened to “blow her head off.” His ex-wife has been public about the domestic violence she went through during her marriage to Walker. The former NFL player admits to his wrongdoings but has always said it was due to mental health.

Walker has had the police called on him on numerous occasions. In 2001, Walker's therapist told authorities that he was “volatile” and armed with a handgun. The police report claims Walker was talking about having a shootout with authorities.

Walker wasn't charged after the incident. While he has moved on from his previous violent incidents, politicians and media have brought up his past. They have suggested that Walker shouldn't even be considered for Georgia’s U.S. Senate spot.

[snip][end]

[from twitter]
Tim Miller@Timodc

This video also includes Walker explaining he went on a high speed chase with a loaded firearm and intent to kill and voices in his head telling him he needs to do it for vengeance.

The Republican Accountability Project@AccountableGOP
Herschel Walker falsely claims that he is an FBI agent.

It gets worse. He proceeds to tell an unhinged story about angrily grabbing a gun with the intent to kill a man.
Embedded video
9:30 PM · Jul 18, 2022
[end]

You have to go to Twitter to see the video, but it is a clip of Walker saying he believed he was an FBI agent, and heard voices telling him to take vengeance on people. Dissociative identity disorder ("Three Faces of Eve") is quite real and quite serious. AFAIK, it may be treatable, but it is not curable.
A violent, insane misogynist is the only kind of Black man conservative whites like. As long as the targets and victims are Black. Otherwise, they’ll murder him. :(

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ap215 »

Florida deserves a much better representative for the U.S. Senate than this asshole.

Tammy Baldwin, who is gay, confronted Marco Rubio about calling same-sex marriage vote a 'stupid waste of time'

(CNN) As he was walking on an elevator on Wednesday, GOP Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida told CNN that a vote on a bill to codify same-sex marriage was a "stupid waste of time."

But when he said that, there was another senator on the elevator who heard him: Sen. Tammy Baldwin, the Wisconsin Democrat who is also the first known gay politician elected to the US Senate.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/21/politics ... index.html
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

This is who you cons liked before trump

I guess you really liked it when he did this

I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Lol look at this stupid quisling.

Justice Thomas bows out of teaching fall seminar at GWU law school - WP
The GW Hatchet, a student newspaper, first reported Thomas’s withdrawal from the fall teaching assignment Wednesday, citing an email that his longtime co-teacher, Judge Gregory E. Maggs of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, sent to students enrolled in the class.

“Unfortunately, I am writing with some sad news: Justice Thomas has informed me that he is unavailable to co-teach the seminar this fall,” Maggs wrote, according to the Hatchet. “I know that this is disappointing. I am very sorry.”

The university confirmed the report. “Justice Thomas informed GW Law that he is unavailable to co-teach a Constitutional Law Seminar this fall,” a university spokesperson said. “The students were promptly informed of Justice Thomas’ decision by his co-instructor who will continue to offer the seminar this fall.”

Maggs, through an assistant, referred questions to the university. Thomas did not immediately respond to messages left with the Supreme Court’s public information office.

Thomas, on the high court for more than 30 years, has taught at the D.C. law school since 2011. His adjunct faculty position there drew controversy this summer after the court’s conservative majority overturned Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 ruling that had established a constitutional right to abortion.

Thomas joined with the majority in the June 24 ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. He also wrote a concurring opinion that the court should reconsider past rulings grounded in legal reasoning similar to what the court developed in Roe, including decisions protecting rights to same-sex marriage and access to contraception.

Afterward, thousands signed a petition that called for Thomas to be removed from the law school faculty.

University leaders resisted those demands, saying June 28 that they “steadfastly support the robust exchange of ideas and deliberation” and that “the university will neither terminate Justice Thomas’ employment nor cancel his class in response to his legal opinions.” They added that the justice’s views do not represent those of the 26,000-student university or its 1,700-student law school.

GWU defends Thomas appointment amid calls for removal from law school

Thomas’s critics celebrated news Wednesday that the justice was pulling out of his fall teaching plans.
Well, bye.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:13 am Why am I putting this in the GOP Snowflake thread? She may not BE a GOP snowflake, officially/formally, but she sure is acting like one.
She is one, js.
[from Twitter]
Jordan@JordanChariton
Can’t wait to wake up and see Tulsi Gabbard as the new “Fox and Friends” host

Tulsi Gabbard @TulsiGabbard
The government is trying to intimidate parents, threatening to take their children away unless they go along with the “woke” agenda. Parents and all Americans must stand up & say: No, we’re going to raise our children—not the government.
[end]

Tulsi, stick with CPAC, I'm glad you've found where you belong. I don't know if you're a Russian agent, but you are anything but 'progressive' and I knew that about you from day one.

Tulsi Gabbard 🌺
@TulsiGabbard

I'll be hosting 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' today! Join me live at 8:00pm ET on @FoxNews

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status ... 7396062208

Tulsi Gabbard 🌺
@TulsiGabbard

Going live now as guest host for @TuckerCarlson

First up I’ll be joined by @pnjaban and Kash Patel to discuss the Trump search warrant: what’s in it?

Coming up soon, talking to @DanielLDavis1 on the effects of US sanctions on Russia, as Europe braces for blackouts and an energy crunch.

How is the MMA tackling the issue of trans athletes? Join @CarlaEsparza1 and I on @TuckerCarlson now as we discuss

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status ... 6054387712

Acyn
@Acyn

Tulsi: It’s never been about morality. It’s not about the people of Ukraine or protecting democracy. This is about regime change in Russia and exploiting this war to expand NATO..

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1558252162869755908

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Tulsi, ugh.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

@phjaban aka Harmeet Dhillon is a white nationalist Fox News favorite, who in the style of Orwellianism calls herself a "civil rights lawyer." :problem:

Lately, she's been part of a spate of lawsuits against Gavin Newsom, but she became infamous around here (Bay Area, CA) as the YAFfer lawyer when they were bringing people like Ben Shapiro and Ann Coulter to UC Berkeley to prove some kind of point. :roll:

This, she labels "civil rights."

This person is deeply embedded in Turning Point USA and the RNC. You don't have to be white to be a white nationalist. Or a karen. Poor dear wants to be considered white, so bad. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert

US House candidate, CO-03
A new poll shows that 62% of college Democrats would never share a dorm room with Trump supporters.

I bet these are the same kids who like to talk about tolerance and tell people that they're all about good vibes.

I would never.

I prefer waking up in the morning, and WITHOUT a noose around my neck.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

This.is.illegal.

Files copied from voting systems were shared with Trump supporters, election deniers
https://archive.ph/PUIHV#selection-383.0-383.84
(non paywall archive of WaPo story)

Sensitive election system files obtained by attorneys working to overturn President Donald Trump’s 2020 defeat were shared with election deniers, conspiracy theorists and right-wing commentators, according to records reviewed by The Washington Post.

A Georgia computer forensics firm hired by the attorneys placed the files on a server, where company records show they were downloaded dozens of times. Among the downloaders were accounts associated with a Texas meteorologist who has appeared on Sean Hannity’s radio show; a podcaster who suggested political enemies should be executed; a former pro-surfer who pushed disproved theories that the 2020 election was manipulated; and a self-described former “seduction and pickup coach” who claims to also have been a hacker.

Plaintiffs in a long-running federal lawsuit over the security of Georgia’s voting systems obtained the new records from the company, Atlanta-based SullivanStrickler, under a subpoena to one of its executives. The records include contracts between the firm and the Trump-allied attorneys, notably Sidney Powell. The data files are described as copies of components from election systems in Coffee County, Ga., and Antrim County, Mich.

A series of data leaks and alleged breaches of local elections offices since 2020 has prompted criminal investigations and fueled concerns among some security experts that public disclosure of information collected from voting systems could be exploited by hackers and others people seeking to manipulate future elections.

[snip][end]

So people bleating about "election integrity" illegally copied files from voting machines, gave them to people with no authorization to access that data, and stored them on an insecure server. What could go wrong? :roll:

But some folks need to go to jail - including whoever "ordered" them to do this.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
bird

Post by bird »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:13 am Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert

US House candidate, CO-03
A new poll shows that 62% of college Democrats would never share a dorm room with Trump supporters.

I bet these are the same kids who like to talk about tolerance and tell people that they're all about good vibes.

I would never.

I prefer waking up in the morning, and WITHOUT a noose around my neck.
Not to mention the crappy vibes emanating from Trump supporters. Plus the floors would be wet from all the melting Trump snowflakes.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Joe Rogan on lessons learned from pandemic: ‘Vote Republican’

Media personality Joe Rogan said that many people who are angry over COVID-19 protocols during the pandemic that forced their businesses to close should “vote Republican” in the upcoming midterms.

In an episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience,” Rogan added that now that the pandemic is over, “people are going to recognize that some serious errors were made and not repeat those.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/3619394-jo ... epublican/
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

The one lesson I've learned from listening to Joe Rogan is, I don't listen to Joe Rogan. :D I think the far more egregious mistakes were on the "side" he's advocating. I did not see the Democrats selling people snake oil - no, that was Dr. Oz, Trump & his team of fools, and Joe Rogan. So no.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Rogan is an example of why the human race should not survive.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Donald Trump says he plans to pardon US Capitol attack participants if elected

Donald Trump said on Thursday he would pardon and apologize to those who participated in the deadly attack on the US Capitol on January 6 if he were elected to the White House again.

“I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told Wendy Bell, a conservative radio host on Thursday. “I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons, full pardons.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA11n5jD
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Of course he does.

And the cons on this board will vote for him.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ap215 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:23 am Donald Trump says he plans to pardon US Capitol attack participants if elected

Donald Trump said on Thursday he would pardon and apologize to those who participated in the deadly attack on the US Capitol on January 6 if he were elected to the White House again.

“I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told Wendy Bell, a conservative radio host on Thursday. “I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons, full pardons.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA11n5jD
Shouldn't this be considered witness tampering because he's clearly sending a message to those who are still facing trial not to say anything about him and they'll be rewarded with a pardon.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:15 pm Shouldn't this be considered witness tampering because he's clearly sending a message to those who are still facing trial not to say anything about him and they'll be rewarded with a pardon.
Of course, but we have two sets of rules in America.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Apparently, Ronny “Dr. Feel good” Jackson doesn’t believe in what America was founded on and wants an installed King.

Ronny Jackson @RonnyJacksonTX
US House candidate, TX-13

Retweet if you want the MAGA King back now!!

https://twitter.com/RonnyJacksonTX/stat ... 3011584000
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

I am reading

LOUIE GOHMERT

awarded a Capitol flag to a convicted 1/6 coup participant.

Cons here approve.

Like I said earlier :twisted: get angry

and there is this new word "upsetment"

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... n63Yd4ROYA
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Are u surprised. :problem:

Republicans Call Biden Divisive While Equating Him To Satan and Hitler

A RED LIGHT? ? A podium? Two uniformed U.S. Marines? Looks like the summoning of Satan if you ask the GOP.

President Joe Biden delivered one of his presidency’s strongest condemnations of Donald Trump and the MAGA movement in a prime-time speech on the steps of Independence Hall in Philadelphia. The stage was lit in alternating bands of blue and red, but a close up shot of Biden framed him entirely within the red portion of the lighting. The image evoked the unholy for many Republicans — despite red being the party’s official color.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234586365/
ap215

Post by ap215 »

But there's a disturbing trend of Right Wing Parties winning elections abroad. :problem:

Italy's frontrunner party suspends candidate over Hitler praise

ROME, Sept 20 (Reuters) - The Brothers of Italy party, which is tipped to win national elections at the weekend, suspended one of its candidates on Tuesday after he was found to have praised Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler in online posts.

Brothers of Italy traces its roots back to a neo-fascist group set up after World War Two, but its leader Giorgia Meloni, expected to be Italy's next prime minister, has looked to distance herself from the far-right and says her party is mainstream conservative.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/it ... 022-09-20/
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Oops.

House GOP Releases 'Commitment to America' Platform — And Then Takes It Offline
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/house-g ... 19855.html

House Republicans are apparently set to announce a policy platform that criticizes Democrats’ popular prescription drug cost reductions and opens the door to Social Security and Medicare cuts, according to a document that leaked online Wednesday.

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) was supposed to announce the party’s “Commitment to America” on Friday, but instead, a multi-page document bearing that name briefly appeared online Wednesday on McCarthy’s website. Approximately an hour after New York Times reporter Annie Karni tweeted it out, the part of McCarthy’s site with the document was locked down and accessible only with a password.

[snip]

The GOP document promises to “fight inflation and curb the cost of living,” but the only policies it proposes are federal government spending cuts. It also promises to cut taxes, which could increase inflation, and government regulations.

The platform also promises to “save and strengthen Social Security and Medicare,” but lists no policies to do so. In June, Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee held a roundtable on Social Security where they discussed policies that would reduce coverage and cut benefits to seniors. The Republican Study Committee, a bloc of conservative House GOP lawmakers, included a plan to massively slash Social Security in its proposed 2023 budget.

It also criticizes a provision in Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act that cut the price of some prescription drugs for Medicare patients, calling it a “drug takeover scheme” that “could lead to 135 fewer lifesaving treatments and cures.” Alongside this criticism comes a promise to “invest in lifesaving cures.”

While GOP candidates have sought to avoid talking about their position on abortion following the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, the platform promises to “protect the lives of unborn children and their mothers.”

A section on elections and voting rights nods to former President Donald Trump’s election lies by stating that there is a “crisis among voters who have lost faith in our elections.” It then promises to enact new restrictions on voter access including mandating voter ID, loosening rules on voter roll purges and increasing access for observers during elections.

The platform is intended to recall the “Contract with America” proposed by former Speaker Newt Gingrich ahead of the 1994 elections as a list of promises of what Republicans would do if they won control of Congress for the first time in 50 years.

Where Gingrich’s contract included a list of 10 bills that he promised would get floor votes, the only piece of legislation directly mentioned in McCarthy’s Commitment is a Parental Bill of Rights the party rolled out following a ginned-up controversy over the teaching of so-called critical race theory. McCarthy’s platform also includes more socio-cultural policy issues than Gingrich’s, which focused heavily on supply-side economic policies, government reform and changes to the government’s welfare program.

[snip]

The House platform follows a similar set of policy prescriptions released by Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), the head of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Scott’s platform called for cuts to Social Security and Medicare, increasing taxes on the poorest Americans, the completion of a U.S.-Mexico border wall and various hot-button socio-cultural issues. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has distanced himself from Scott’s platform.

[snip][end]