The Supremes: Our board conservatives are SHOCKED!!!

News and events of the day
Libertas

Re: The Supremes: Our board conservatives are SHOCKED!!!

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:11 am "If you correct our population for race ... "

These vile conservative whites aren't even hiding it anymore.
And here’s the problem, that I know you already know. Main stream Republicans are becoming MAGA, they believe the law is there to protect them and to enforce their will upon us, and that’s going to play out in a very ugly, bad way.

I thought it was be a great idea if a mainstream democrat would go on a cable news show or even the network news shows and while describing the nightmare that November could very well be with Republicans refusing to certify elections and blocking people from voting etc., that she/he would let the F word fly a couple times which would ultimately get the attention of people who normally never sees these shows , they would see a news story on the Internet about “politician uses the F word in interview” and then they’d watch watch it for 20 seconds.
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

New Oklahoma abortion ban is terrifying
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/details ... 00623.html

Forget 6 weeks. It is now a total ban beginning with "conception" or fertilization. There are exceptions for rape or life of the mother, but the rape exception requires a police report showing you have been raped ...

Please note if implemented, this could also make illegal Plan B, IUDs and some forms of what are otherwise normally considered birth control, and many types of IVF/fertility treatment and stem cell research. What is odd is that the bill claims it doesn't ban contraception BUT they are facing a logical contradiction -- Plan B prevents a fertilized ovum from implantation in the uterus (not what is defined normally as an abortion, but according to this bill, would be.)

Finally, this also has that TX law weirdness where anybody "involved" in an abortion could be sued. So, for example, let's say you helped drive a woman to an abortion clinic out of state, or gave her some money for travel, etc., etc. you could be sued by OK residents.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:28 am New Oklahoma abortion ban is terrifying
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/details ... 00623.html

Forget 6 weeks. It is now a total ban beginning with "conception" or fertilization. There are exceptions for rape or life of the mother, but the rape exception requires a police report showing you have been raped ...

Please note if implemented, this could also make illegal Plan B, IUDs and some forms of what are otherwise normally considered birth control, and many types of IVF/fertility treatment and stem cell research. What is odd is that the bill claims it doesn't ban contraception BUT they are facing a logical contradiction -- Plan B prevents a fertilized ovum from implantation in the uterus (not what is defined normally as an abortion, but according to this bill, would be.)

Finally, this also has that TX law weirdness where anybody "involved" in an abortion could be sued. So, for example, let's say you helped drive a woman to an abortion clinic out of state, or gave her some money for travel, etc., etc. you could be sued by OK residents.
This is smaller, limited, lighter, nimbler government to conservatives.

The males rape and molest as they please. Their targets are forced by the government to carry the pregnancy to term, since they’re slits who wanted it and provoked them.

Got a vendetta against somebody? Just tell the government they helped somebody get an abortion or looked up RU-485 on the internet. Then the government will step in and do the dirty work for you.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Tell me what to do, I don’t wanna give up.
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Item 1. Don't just make sure you register to vote, and vote in November (that of course), get as many people as you know or can find to the polls, well, OK, I'll forgive you if you skip the ones with MAGA hats or signs. :D

You know how important it is. Make clear to anyone else you know how important it is. Because I get it is often a cliche, but it really is seeming clearer and clearer how important this November's elections will be.

I agree with you there are a-holes out there who will be suppressing and not properly counting the vote. Don't keep telling people about it. Here's why. They can mess with the vote, but it usually works best when it's close. Turnout could mean it won't be close. All I can say is, if the a-holes start messing with the vote after election day, refusing to honor it, it's time for us to back Marc Elias and other fair elections attorneys to the hilt. THAT fight starts the day after election day. We can't allow those Qcumber Big Lie Secs of State to not recognize the peoples' vote.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D