The Crazy Q-Anon Crap Thread.

News and events of the day
ProfX

Re: The Crazy Q-Anon Crap Thread.

Post by ProfX »

BTW, I know a lot has been going on so it's easy to miss something like this in the noise, but "Q" is back. Or someone or something pretending to be someone called "Q" is at it, again, which is how I'd put it.

QAnon leader returns with first post in more than a year
https://thehill.com/homenews/3537704-qa ... an-a-year/

The leader of the conspiracy theory movement QAnon published his first post in more than a year.
The New York Times reported that the movement’s leader, referred to as Q, posted a message Friday on the message board 8kun.

“Shall we play the game again?” read the post, which quickly made the rounds on other social media platforms.

[snip]

Ron Watkins, a computer programmer and a former administrator of 8kun, is believed by many to be the man behind Q. An HBO documentary and two forensic analyses showed similar writing styles between the two individuals.

Watkins, who is currently running for a seat in Arizona’s 2nd Congressional District, has repeatedly denied claims that he is the QAnon leader.

[snip][end]

I suspect Ron Watkins has decided the game is still lucrative and worth the risk.

I hope, for my country, he loses his election.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Q has spread way past one net group. It has sects now, like the one which waits in Dallas for the Second Coming of JFK.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:27 pm Q has spread way past one net group. It has sects now, like the one which waits in Dallas for the Second Coming of JFK.
QAnon is going to keep the "religion in America" scholars in business for the next couple generations.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:06 pm QAnon is going to keep the "religion in America" scholars in business for the next couple generations.
In general, Q is going to be studied by legions of undergrads. They will become puzzled and ask their profs how anyone could be that deluded. Then they will turn on their cell phones and incubate Internet craziness that will be just as bizarre.

For the first time ever, the media classes might offer a better insight than the history and social science ones.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ZoWie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:14 pm In general, Q is going to be studied by legions of undergrads. They will become puzzled and ask their profs how anyone could be that deluded. Then they will turn on their cell phones and incubate Internet craziness that will be just as bizarre.

For the first time ever, the media classes might offer a better insight than the history and social science ones.
The undergrads studying this will be primarily two fields of study; psychology and marketing.
Psychology to understand the underlying reasons and marketing to exploit the findings to monetary and political profit.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

The woo is strong with this one.

The ‘QAnon Queen’ Told Her Followers to Arrest Cops. It Didn’t Go Well.
The attempted citizen’s arrests of police officers in Peterborough, Ontario, was a clear escalation for “QAnon Queen” Romana Didulo and her followers.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7gb5y/ ... rest-qanon

People on a mission to arrest cops on behalf of the self-proclaimed “QAnon Queen of Canada” ended up being violently arrested themselves instead.

Romana Didulo has built a sizable following out of the QAnon community by convincing people that she's the true leader of Canada and waging a secret war against the supposed pedophilic cabal of globalist leaders, like Prime Minister Justin Trudeau or U.S. President Joe Biden. On Saturday, she gathered around 30 of her followers in Peterborough, Ontario, to conduct “citizen’s arrests” on members of the Peterborough Police Service for enforcing COVID-19 restrictions, like mask mandates and business closures.

The day was a clear escalation for Didulo and her crew. But by the end of it, one of her followers had been charged with two counts of assaulting police and a second was facing charges of mischief and resisting arrest. A third man was also later arrested and charged with a myriad of charges, including assaulting a peace officer with a weapon.

[snip]

Didulo’s ideology is wide-ranging and at times esoteric. Alongside typical QAnon conspiracies, she claims to be an alien-adjacent being willing to share advanced medical technology with her followers. She also espouses the pseudo-legal sovereign citizen ideology, which convinces its adherents that the government has no control over them and became prominent during the COVID-conspiracy movement. Currently, she’s on a never-ending tour of Canada with her “staff” in a group of RVs, either rented, bought, or gifted by her fans.

[snip]

Experts have warned that Didulo is leading her followers toward confrontations with the public and state, and some have even taken to calling her community a cult. The group wears matching white uniforms and drives Didulo around from city to city where she hosts meet-and-greets with her followers in parking lots. Didulo has also advised her followers to stop paying their utility bills—because she decreed they were now free—and many of her followers are getting their power and water shut off. As they beg their queen for help, she ignores them.

When the arrests started Saturday, Didulo and her closest followers fled for the safety of her RV. And in royal tradition, the queen attempted to distance herself from the event she promoted and threw her followers under the bus. :lol: In a livestream from the RV with hundreds of viewers, she said she’d only come to watch.

“A gentle reminder that Her Royal Majesty Queen Romana Didulo Commander-in-Chief and Queen of the Kingdom of Canada was in Peterborough Ontario yesterday as an observer NOT participant,” she wrote Sunday.

[snip][end]

I wish I could make up shit as good as this. The Onion is just sitting there staring in awe. I mean, that name begs to be made fun of.

The part-alien QAnon Queen of Canada rules from her royal RV. :lol:

All funnies aside, she seems to be the latest Qcumber cult leader, and she's increasingly sending her "subjects" to attack the Canadian government.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

So, let me start with how I came across this latest slice of Qlandia.

I stumbled across a youtube channel called Old World Florida. I'm not gonna rec it and I'm about to say why. At first, it looked very interesting. It starts out with clips from Miami Vice, and the Conch Republic, and then it featured pictures of old historic Miami from a century ago. I always find that kind of historical architecture stuff very interesting. So I loved the photos. But the narrator -"Dr. Narco Longo" :D - he starts talking about something called "Tartaria". I was like. Huh? What fresh woo is this? So as always I set to googling.

Warning: deep woo ahead.

Inside the ‘Tartarian Empire,’ the QAnon of Architecture
On YouTube videos and Reddit boards, adherents of a bizarre conspiracy theory argue that everything you know about the history of architecture is wrong.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... acy-theory

[snip]

For some, it’s too fantastical to believe … or perhaps not fantastical enough. A dedicated group of YouTubers and Reddit posters see the Singer Building and countless other discarded pre-modern beauties and extant Beaux-Arts landmarks as artifacts of a globe-spanning civilization called the Tartarian Empire, which was somehow erased from the history books. Adherents of this theory believe these buildings to be the keys to a hidden past, clandestinely obscured by malevolent actors.

[snip]

Tartarian-themed content is produced for YouTube videos that get picked over on Reddit. The r/Tartarianarchitecture sub, which began in December 2018, has 3,300 members, though not everyone who posts and comments appears to be a true believer. A larger and more general sub that appeared around the same time, r/Tartaria, has 8,700 members. As conspiracy theories go, Tartaria remains obscure; Twitter user @cinemashoebox brought it to many people’s attention last year with this thread, and pseudoscience-debunking writer Brian Dunning recently devoted an episode of his podcast, Skeptoid, to the Tartaria theory, which appears to have first emerged in 2016 and 2017.

[snip]

The overall premise is an alternative history. A vast, technologically advanced “Tartarian” empire, emanating from north-central Asia or thereabouts, either influenced or built vast cities and infrastructure all over the world. (Tartaria, or Tartary, though never a coherent empire, was indeed a general term for north-central Asia.) Either via a sudden cataclysm or a steady antagonistic decline — and perhaps as recently as 100 years ago — Tartaria fell. Its great buildings were buried, and its history was erased. After this “great reset,” the few surviving examples of Tartarian architecture were falsely recast as the work of contemporary builders who could never have executed buildings of such grace and beauty, and subjected them to clumsy alterations.

“I think that it was one worldwide civilization,” says Joachim Skaar, a 26-year-old Norwegian who runs The Tartarian Meltdown YouTube channel. “It was all based on unity, oneness, peace, love, and harmony, which we don’t see in today’s society.”

There’s an arch-traditionalism present in the theory, too. The pre-modern buildings that we venerate are sometimes said to be more than 1,000 years old. “The same people that built the Capitol in Washington built the pyramids in Egypt,” Skaar says. :roll:

[snip]

This ahistoricism can make the Tartarian architecture community occasionally receptive to reactionaries, racists and anti-Semites. A survey of videos and discussions will turn up all manner of other conspiratorial threads. Along with flat-Earth advocacy, anti-vaccination sentiments and 5G scaremongering, there’s talk of anti-Semitic banking cartel conspiracies and Holocaust denial. Some Tartarian histories recast populations of Central Asia, like Genghis Kahn’s Mongol Empire, as red-haired, blue-eyed, white people — “Silk Road Aryans.”

The persistence of anti-Jewish tropes within current conspiracy theories is likely the result of cultural inertia, says UC-Irvine scholar Ditto. As successive generations of the conspiracy-minded seek evidence to back up their diverging worldview, they find it in texts that may go back centuries, which are riddled with anti-Semitism.

[snip][end]

Dr. Longo (whatever his real name is) -- the woo is strong with him. He seems to think the Fountain of Youth WAS real and was in Florida. And he seems to think - yeah, this is wild - the Florida Seminoles are actually descended from the Moorish people.

I STILL like the historic photos he has of many old buildings in Florida ... that's fine, but this weird "theory" he tries to fit this all into, apparently Florida was part of this "Tartaria" until roughly a century ago, and then some mysterious "mud flood"? wiped it all out.
Last edited by ProfX on Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Huh. I think I found the guy.

"Our manufactured history, Florida’s Tartarian roots and its astrological significance (Podcast)"
https://thejuanonjuanpodcast.podbean.co ... rco-longo/

In this episode, we are joined by the director of The Florida Department of Magick, Dr. Narco Longo.

We discuss all things Florida and all things Tartarian. Dr. Longo has a unique take on the situation going on down here in Florida. We talk about his origin story, the occulted history of Florida, astrology, ancient Florida sites, religion, the robber barons that kick started the state, the indigenous people of Florida, the elephants found in the Florida swamps, aliens, lizard people, and so much more...

Check out Dr. Longo on IG: @old_world_florida or on YouTube under "Old World Florida"

Check out his bookstore at https://dancingelephant.shop/

[snip][end]

Uh, I am totally not doxxing him, but I suspect the guy is the owner of that esoteric bookshop in Lake Worth "The Dancing Elephant" (I do not consider it doxxing when you reveal on your own part exactly who you are :D )

Two days ago, he posted a video on his channel on how Donald Trump is the "King of Florida" and isn't racist. Uh huh. I knew my spider sense was tingling.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

The Bloomberg link, the first photo, is that San Francisco? It looks like a combo of different stuff. Cool to look at but confusing. It just refers to a temporary fairgrounds?

When I google that I see structures in SF that no longer exist?
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Caption for that photo reads:
Believers in the “Tartaria” conspiracy theory are convinced that the elaborate temporary fairgrounds built for events like the Panama-Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco in 1915 were really the ancient capital cities of a fictional empire. Photographer: Schenectady Museum Association/Corbis Historical via Getty Images.

Apparently, their CT involves their belief that "Tartaria" or remnants of it were behind the various World's Fairs that were held last century.

Now here's the thing. There is an ethnic group called "Tartars". On some old maps, you'll see regions labeled "Tartaria". Now that was just an ignorant way of Western cartographers, basically labelling areas that at the time were in Russia, or Asia, by the group(s) that lived there. No one would label a world map that way today so it disappeared. That's it. I guess from things like that, kooky CTs are born. There never was a Tartarian Empire that existed ever, but of course ... "they" (I bet it involves the Rothschilds, the Illuminati, and Bauhaus :D ) somehow made all the evidence for it disappear.
Last edited by ProfX on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:13 pm Caption for that photo reads:
Believers in the “Tartaria” conspiracy theory are convinced that the elaborate temporary fairgrounds built for events like the Panama-Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco in 1915 were really the ancient capital cities of a fictional empire. Photographer: Schenectady Museum Association/Corbis Historical via Getty Images.

Apparently, their CT involves their belief that "Tartaria" or remnants of it were behind the various World's Fairs that were held last century.

Now here's the thing. There is an ethnic group called "Tartars". On some old maps, you'll see regions labeled "Tartaria". Now that was just an ignorant way of Western cartographers, basically labelling areas that at the time were in Russia, or Asia, by the group(s) that lived there. No one would label a world map that way today so it disappeared. That's it. I guess from things like that, kooky CTs are born. There never was a Tartarian Empire that existed ever, but of course ... "they" (I bet it involves the Rothschilds, the Illuminati, and Bauhaus :D ) somehow all the evidence for it disappear.
Yeah, I read that, but what is THAT photo of?

Where and what is this? It sure does not look like a temporary structure. Is that a facade structure? It is so big, it has so many different structures.

I sigh in your general direction.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

Daughter says QAnon radicalized Walled Lake father before he killed mother, dog, injured sister
.....Hours after learning about the fatal shooting, Rebecca Lanis posted on a Reddit forum called “QAnon casualties” where people who have friends or family that they believe are a part of the viral conspiracy can learn how to heal, deal and “deprogram.”

In Rebecca Lanis’ Reddit post she stated that the internet ruined him and how her father was sucked into the conspiracy and increasingly growing more agitated over the last two years. Rebecca Lanis also wrote that her father started to become more radicalized after the 2020 election......
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

Trump openly embraces, amplifies QAnon conspiracy theories
After winking at QAnon for years, Donald Trump is overtly embracing the baseless conspiracy theory, even as the number of frightening real-world events linked to it grows.

On Tuesday, using his Truth Social platform, the Republican former president reposted an image of himself wearing a Q lapel pin overlaid with the words “The Storm is Coming." In QAnon lore, the “storm” refers to Trump's final victory, when supposedly he will regain power and his opponents will be tried, and potentially executed, on live television......
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

The problem, I think, is Ron Watkins gave up the game of playing "Q" on the Internet. He ran for Congress, lost, was headed to another country last I heard. But the (supposed) deep cover agent "Q" never even gave a final update to his followers, not even "Hey guys, the Deep State has me cornered, have to go radio silent for now." Nothing.

So the movement is kind of leaderless. The mysterious figure inside the government providing true believers with all these prophecies, secret insider secrets, and coded messages ... which IMHO was basically Watkins playing a game of manipulation with them, mostly to promote he and his father's web sites .... has abandoned the game. In the void has arisen a variety of new manipulators, like "HRH Queen Didulo" who reigns with her attack minions from a RV that travels around Canada, and folks here in the U.S. that claim JFK & his son JFK Jr. are still alive, and passing on "epistles" from them.

I think it can get only worse from here, Leon Festinger's When Prophecy Fails is a good exploration of what will happen to those who won't just give up on the so-called "movement," just more tragedy. :|

There probably will be public figures who will continue to abuse these folks, Trump only cares that he needs their votes and money, so he'll retweet their stuff and do other things to continue to claim their support. Of course, when asked publicly, he'll do his usual thing of saying he doesn't even know what QAnon is, and he's never heard of David Duke, either.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Indeed, the failures of prophets are never pretty.

Qanon is the perfect example of the Internet effect that I'm always on about. We invent things, but then someone else figures out the most persuasive uses for them. The only thing that remains the same is that it's never what the prophets/inventors/developers had in mind when they did their work.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

I attended a school board candidate forum hosted by our local Democratic Club. It lasted two hours because there were 11 candidates, two didn't show up because they had another commitment, for four seats. One of the seats was to fill the remaining two years of a term a member who resigned earlier this year and three candidates are running for that seat. The other three seats have eight candidates for a four-year terms.

During the topic concerning the COVID-19 pandemic and the school district's response, one of the candidates for the two-year term started taking about the COVID-19 vaccines contain graphene which changes genes. During the break, I meet up with a couple, who are in their early 80s, and asked their opinion of the candidates so far. They both thought the candidate who thinks there's graphene to change our genes is a Qanon believer. Quite frankly, I had the same opinion.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Since Qanon has grown and become subject to sectarianism, it's a pretty big tent. It's eating all the other conspiracy theories. It's pretty well digested whatever was left of the JFK assassination Thing with the movable grassy knolls and magic bullets, and in fact one of its fringe groups has gone millenarian and awaits The Second Coming of JFK by holding vigils in Dallas. I'm sure that by now they've also incorporated "9/11 truth," with the wrong size hole in the Pentagon, and the firefalls of melted steel in the Twin Towers, and the deliberate demolition of WTC7, and everything else like that. Surely they're even now turning it all into something utterly whacko and completely over the edge.

Every new medium finds its essential content. For AM radio, it was war and talk of war. For newspapers, it was mob hits and celebrity sightings. For television, it was hawking useless crap to whole classes of consumers. For Internet, it strongly appears to be the idea that everything we see is the result of some hidden sinister plot.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdPbmYAuMs0
Moments of Truth is a digital series exploring misinformation and sharing intergenerational conversations between people about how they find facts, information, and truth.

In this episode, single mom Karen Robertson from Iuka, Mississippi talks to student reporter Makenna Meade about her journey to disprove conspiracy theories she once believed. Now Robertson is writing a children's book about critical thinking and learning to help young children like her daughter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4kXvQx3NIM

Change your mind