The Donald Trump is Batcrap Crazy and The Leader of the GOP Thread

News and events of the day
gounion

Re: The Donald Trump is Batcrap Crazy and The Leader of the GOP Thread

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:08 pm I was responding to BD when you butted into the conversation and accused me of defending Trump. So you interjected yourself into a conversation that was beyond your ability to understand.
Yes, I agree, the line of bullshit you financial people use to rip people off is at a level of its own.
The SEC doesn’t require tax returns. They use a package known as a 10k for annual reports and a 10q for quarterly reports. They also require audited financial statements.

As for Trump, I didn’t support him in 2016 or thereafter. So, as they say in the south, “you are preaching to the choir”. By the way, when you start your statement with “I think”, it’s not a factual statement but an opinion. You claim you know the difference and yet….

And again, show me the post where I defended Trump. You think because you repeat the lie often enough that makes it a fact. It doesn’t. In the South, we call that “putting lipstick on a pig”.
No, not preaching to the choir, as you've NEVER agreed with ANYTHING we've said about Trump. When he's talked about, you come to use your usual passive/aggressive defenses of him, just like you did here. If I'm preaching to the choir, then how about this statement I just made: he's been such a failure as a businessman. I mean, there's this big list. Six bankruptcies. Trump Steaks. Trump Vodka. Trump Airlines. The USFL, which he single-handedly destroyed. Trump "University". The Trump Foundation.

I think it's a factual statement to say he is a failed businessman. The only successful thing he's ever done is the TV series. I'm honest enough to admit he was quite successful at that.

So, since I'm "preaching to the choir" then you would agree with that statement, wouldn't you?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:16 pm Yes, I agree, the line of bullshit you financial people use to rip people off is at a level of its own.

No, not preaching to the choir, as you've NEVER agreed with ANYTHING we've said about Trump. When he's talked about, you come to use your usual passive/aggressive defenses of him, just like you did here. If I'm preaching to the choir, then how about this statement I just made: he's been such a failure as a businessman. I mean, there's this big list. Six bankruptcies. Trump Steaks. Trump Vodka. Trump Airlines. The USFL, which he single-handedly destroyed. Trump "University". The Trump Foundation.

I think it's a factual statement to say he is a failed businessman. The only successful thing he's ever done is the TV series. I'm honest enough to admit he was quite successful at that.

So, since I'm "preaching to the choir" then you would agree with that statement, wouldn't you?
I have never said he was a good businessman. I have often said I thought he was a shitty manager based upon what I seen. I have said on numerous occasions that I would not want to work for him nor would I want to be in business with him. That’s my opinion.

Again, whether I agree work for word with your specific opinion of his business track record is irrelevant. The relevant issue is whether he is qualified to be President. And I have clearly given my answer on that issue more than once.

What is apparent here is that you are not satisfied with someone NOT supporting Trump. You demand that people have the same pathological hatred of him as you. Hating someone at that level requires more of an investment than I am prepared to give. But you go ahead if you like.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:57 pm I have never said he was a good businessman. I have often said I thought he was a shitty manager based upon what I seen. I have said on numerous occasions that I would not want to work for him nor would I want to be in business with him. That’s my opinion.

Again, whether I agree work for word with your specific opinion of his business track record is irrelevant. The relevant issue is whether he is qualified to be President. And I have clearly given my answer on that issue more than once.

What is apparent here is that you are not satisfied with someone NOT supporting Trump. You demand that people have the same pathological hatred of him as you. Hating someone at that level requires more of an investment than I am prepared to give. But you go ahead if you like.
Again, you just don’t actually take any stand at all. At best, you’re mealy-mouthed about him. You can’t make any actual criticism about him. It’s hilarious. You’re just too gutless.

But you happily vote for all his supporters in Congress and the Senate. All people that wouldn’t vote to impeach. That says it all.

I would NEVER vote for a Trump supporter that votes to support him. That’s what a big difference is between us - I have principles and stand by them.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:02 pm Again, you just don’t actually take any stand at all. At best, you’re mealy-mouthed about him. You can’t make any actual criticism about him. It’s hilarious. You’re just too gutless.

But you happily vote for all his supporters in Congress and the Senate. All people that wouldn’t vote to impeach. That says it all.

I would NEVER vote for a Trump supporter that votes to support him. That’s what a big difference is between us - I have principles and stand by them.
Yeah just so we get things straight. You claim you are all about facts. You claim I am always defending Trump. Yet you cannot produce a single post to back up that statement. Not one.

So why would I believe anything you say about anyone else?

So if that’s your idea of principles then perhaps not having your principles is a really good thing. Who wants those kind of fucked up principles. It’s easy for you to stand by something that you completely fabricate. That’s nothing but living in a fantasy world.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:45 pm Yeah just so we get things straight. You claim you are all about facts. You claim I am always defending Trump. Yet you cannot produce a single post to back up that statement. Not one.

So why would I believe anything you say about anyone else?

So if that’s your idea of principles then perhaps not having your principles is a really good thing. Who wants those kind of fucked up principles. It’s easy for you to stand by something that you completely fabricate. That’s nothing but living in a fantasy world.
Not a fabrication at all. You always use passive/aggressive tactics in debates, as you never want to take a stand, but you want to either attack or defend while pretending not to. You’ve done that literally for years. And that’s what you’re doing here.

If you don’t support Trump, then, first, you wouldn’t be supporting and voting for his top supporters in the Congress and Senate. If you didn’t support Trump, you wouldn’t be coming to these threads to make comments trying to attack those who are being critical of him. And, every once in a while, you’d ACTUALLY say something critical of Trump beyond mealy-mouthed “I don’t support him”. You would say specific things you are critical of. I mean, you can say he’s a bad manager, but you can never bring yourself to say WHAT Trump has done you are critical of. I mean, I listed several things, and of course, you can’t bring yourself to agree to any of them, even though they are pretty straight forward examples of how crooked a businessman he is.

But that’s what you always do.
gounion

Post by gounion »

What's bad is they have all these paintings showing Trump as this big, courageous hero, when he's the biggest coward of all.

Here he is wetting his pants on stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xu5lz4fS-Y

via WaPo:
The most frightened that Trump has ever seemed in public was perhaps a moment during a campaign rally in Dayton, Ohio, in March 2016.

The then-candidate was in the midst of speaking about manufacturing, when a man hopped the barrier behind him and rushed the stage. Trump stopped speaking, looked nervously behind him and grabbed and started to duck behind his lectern.

He was then swarmed by Secret Service agents, who steadied him.

Trump continued his speech after the disruption, and gave the audience a thumbs-up, claiming that he could have handled the attacker himself, despite his first reaction.

“I was ready for him,” Trump said, “but it’s much easier if the cops do it.”
Here he is doing a duck and run. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty6XAN_kzm4

And here he is scared shitless of an eagle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1AU4qi7tWg

Yet Trump likes to tell us he'd take care of a mass shooter himself.

We've had courageous Presidents before. Andrew Jackson pulled his cane out and beat the shit out of a would-be assassin. Teddy Roosevelt was shot and gave his full speech with a bullet in him before getting treated.

But you guys believe Trump is some sort of hero and eat all this shit up.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:53 am Not a fabrication at all. You always use passive/aggressive tactics in debates, as you never want to take a stand, but you want to either attack or defend while pretending not to. You’ve done that literally for years. And that’s what you’re doing here.

If you don’t support Trump, then, first, you wouldn’t be supporting and voting for his top supporters in the Congress and Senate. If you didn’t support Trump, you wouldn’t be coming to these threads to make comments trying to attack those who are being critical of him. And, every once in a while, you’d ACTUALLY say something critical of Trump beyond mealy-mouthed “I don’t support him”. You would say specific things you are critical of. I mean, you can say he’s a bad manager, but you can never bring yourself to say WHAT Trump has done you are critical of. I mean, I listed several things, and of course, you can’t bring yourself to agree to any of them, even though they are pretty straight forward examples of how crooked a businessman he is.

But that’s what you always do.
I have often criticized Trump. I have often compared him to you and vice versa. I can’t think of any harsher criticism than that.

Again. You can’t produce a single post where I have defended Trump. Not one. All you can manage to say is I don’t display the hatred for him that you do. Perhaps you hate him so much because the two of you are so much alike.

But bottomline, I don’t support Trump mainly because of his character issues. He is an egotistical, habitual liar. You and he share that same trait. That’s has been my main problem with him all along. I’ve been pretty clear and consistent about that. So no GoU, that doesn’t equate to support. I just don’t find the need to hyperventilate and get all emotional about him as you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:05 am I have often criticized Trump. I have often compared him to you and vice versa. I can’t think of any harsher criticism than that.
That just proves how childish you are, nothing more. Grade-school name calling.
Again. You can’t produce a single post where I have defended Trump. Not one. All you can manage to say is I don’t display the hatred for him that you do. Perhaps you hate him so much because the two of you are so much alike.
You came to this thread to defend him. You certainly didn't come here to agree with us, did you?
But bottomline, I don’t support Trump mainly because of his character issues. He is an egotistical, habitual liar. You and he share that same trait. That’s has been my main problem with him all along. I’ve been pretty clear and consistent about that. So no GoU, that doesn’t equate to support. I just don’t find the need to hyperventilate and get all emotional about him as you.
You keep voting for all his supporters, those who kept him up, those who supported him in his coup. And, I guess we can conjecture you didn't mind his attempted coup and his attempts to overturn the election, right? After all, you've never said a word against him in that. Just more proof of your support.

And here's the funny thing - you can't say anything bad about Trump without using that to attack me. That says it all.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:10 am That just proves how childish you are, nothing more. Grade-school name calling.

You came to this thread to defend him. You certainly didn't come here to agree with us, did you?

You keep voting for all his supporters, those who kept him up, those who supported him in his coup.

And here's the funny thing - you can't say anything bad about Trump without using that to attack me. That says it all.
Don’t whine to me about personal attacks. That’s classic pot to kettle bullshit.

You make all these claims about me supporting Trump. All unsubstantiated. You can’t produce a single post. It’s all in your head. You change the subject. You deflect. But bottomline, you can’t back up the assertion. You say you are all about facts and yet you make claims you can’t support.

Perhaps you should confine yourself to talking about what YOU think and what YOU support on the issues rather than spending all your time telling other people what they think. That’s another trait you share with Trump. You suck at it as much as he does.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:27 am Don’t whine to me about personal attacks. That’s classic pot to kettle bullshit.
You're a child. You can't make posts without attacking me, then whine when I make a little jibe to you. Gutless.
You make all these claims about me supporting Trump. All unsubstantiated. You can’t produce a single post. It’s all in your head. You change the subject. You deflect. But bottomline, you can’t back up the assertion. You say you are all about facts and yet you make claims you can’t support.

Perhaps you should confine yourself to talking about what YOU think and what YOU support on the issues rather than spending all your time telling other people what they think. That’s another trait you share with Trump. You suck at it as much as he does.
Again, not ONE post saying a WORD against his attempted coup and attempts to change the results.

And you still can't say one word against him without attacking me and acting like Trump and I are just alike. Sorry, it's YOU that use his tactics, not me.

This just proves that you really do support Trump, and are always here to defend him, while pretending you don't. It's hilarious.

All three of you always show up to defend Trump, you just can't help yourself. If you DIDN'T support him, you would either ignore the threads about him, or agree with us. But that's ONE thing you'll NEVER do, is agree with any criticism of him. You just can't do it.

I mean, we can test that. Was the Trump University a scam or a legitimate business venture?

Did Trump instigate and support the Jan 6th coup attempt by refusing to call for backup personnel?

Now, run away!
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:33 am You're a child. You can't make posts without attacking me, then whine when I make a little jibe to you. Gutless.

Again, not ONE post saying a WORD against his attempted coup and attempts to change the results.

And you still can't say one word against him without attacking me and acting like Trump and I are just alike. Sorry, it's YOU that use his tactics, not me.

This just proves that you really do support Trump, and are always here to defend him, while pretending you don't. It's hilarious.

All three of you always show up to defend Trump, you just can't help yourself. If you DIDN'T support him, you would either ignore the threads about him, or agree with us. But that's ONE thing you'll NEVER do, is agree with any criticism of him. You just can't do it.

I mean, we can test that. Was the Trump University a scam or a legitimate business venture?

Did Trump instigate and support the Jan 6th coup attempt by refusing to call for backup personnel?

Now, run away!
Now you are whining about whining.

I stand by what I have posted in the past. If you have a point about what I have actually written then I am happy to comment. I am not going to comment on your imagination or your unsubstantiated allegations or assertions. So if you are all about facts show me the posts. Otherwise you are just being dishonest.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Well, thanks to the brief Democratic dominance of the House, we do know that drumpf engaged in such dignified presidential behavior as throwing his lunch at the wall.

The Nooz convinces people that Biden is the worst president we ever had, which is quite the accomplishment given the well documented failings of TFG. Biden scares them. That may well be his best contribution to the current mess we've made with government by Nooz media events and dumbshit Internet chatter.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:42 am Now you are whining about whining.

I stand by what I have posted in the past. If you have a point about what I have actually written then I am happy to comment. I am not going to comment on your imagination or your unsubstantiated allegations or assertions. So if you are all about facts show me the posts. Otherwise you are just being dishonest.
Yep I knew it. You run away. If you don’t support Trump why won’t you answer those simple questions? Are you too dumb?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:44 am Well, thanks to the brief Democratic dominance of the House, we do know that drumpf engaged in such dignified presidential behavior as throwing his lunch at the wall.

The Nooz convinces people that Biden is the worst president we ever had, which is quite the accomplishment given the well documented failings of TFG. Biden scares them. That may well be his best contribution to the current mess we've made with government by Nooz media events and dumbshit Internet chatter.
That’s one of the downsides of 24 hour news channels.

But to your point. Should we consider Biden’s record on it own? Whether or not Biden is or is not a good President or is doing a good job should be based upon how he has performed in the circumstances. I don’t compare or judge one employee based on or how they compare to a former employee.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

He got spending bills through the Congress. In this country, in the wretched 21st century, when otherwise all that ever gets through is more tax breaks for the rich, that is little short of miraculous.
Last edited by ZoWie on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:56 am That’s one of the downsides of 24 hour news channels.

But to your point. Should we consider Biden’s record on it own? Whether or not Biden is or is not a good President or is doing a good job should be based upon how he has performed in the circumstances. I don’t compare or judge one employee based on or how they compare to a former employee.
Biden has performed masterfully. It’s nice to have an adult at the helm again. Of course, you won’t vote for him anyway. You vote the straight GOP ticket.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:49 am Yep I knew it. You run away. If you don’t support Trump why won’t you answer those simple questions? Are you too dumb?
I have already told you my opinion on Trump. What about my previous statements do you not understand? I don’t need to comment on every day of his life. I’m not as obsessed with him as you. I don’t do that on other people, Republican or Democrat.

You made an assertion. Back it up.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:58 am He got spending bills through the Congress. In this country, in the wretched 21st century, when otherwise all that ever gets through is more tax breaks for the rich, that is little short of miraculous.
Not all spending bills or tax bills are alike and not all of them are good. So getting something passed, to me, isn’t the whole story. It’s getting things passed that move the country forward. Not everybody will agree.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:03 am I have already told you my opinion on Trump. What about my previous statements do you not understand? I don’t need to comment on every day of his life. I’m not as obsessed with him as you. I don’t do that on other people, Republican or Democrat.

You made an assertion. Back it up.
So, your opinion doesn’t include criminality, including fake “universities” and coup attempts. You support those. Got it.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:06 am Not all spending bills or tax bills are alike and not all of them are good. So getting something passed, to me, isn’t the whole story. It’s getting things passed that move the country forward. Not everybody will agree.
Biden’s spending bill was very good, and helped put this country back on track, with needed infrastructure spending the GOP always fights against, but they’re standing out in front when construction starts on a project they voted against.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Have you considered the possibility that right now, the US may be incapable of moving forward, or even defining what "forward" is? In the current situation, if it actually starts construction on a few public works projects that have been stalled for years, that's an accomplishment. Obviously we're a long way from JFK rallying the country to spend many terabucks on rockets to the moon when such things were essentially unthinkable outside SF movies.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Lol @ the country moving forward. Still on that one, eh Joe? What with all the circus Committees on Wokeism, Hunter Biden, Socialism, Pwning the Libs, etc. And nothing about the economy, which they ran on. The clown car party, the new MCarthyism that puts Mtg, Matt Gaetz and Lauren Boebert on important committees and has no problem with George Santos being a member of the House.

What a sucker. What an idiot. But then, this is the guy who admits he doesn’t actually follow what’s going on. Or at least, pretends he doesn’t. :lol:
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:07 am So, your opinion doesn’t include criminality, including fake “universities” and coup attempts. You support those. Got it.
I don’t advocate for criminal behavior in anyone. Republican or Democrat. Investigate them and charge them accordingly. Another position I have stated repeatedly over the years.
Drak

Post by Drak »

There’s that pretend neutrality again. Hilarious. :lol:

Drak

Post by Drak »

Things that didn’t happen. Non stop batshit crazy delusional lies.