World War II Bomb Explodes in Munich

News and events of the day
Number6

World War II Bomb Explodes in Munich

Post by Number6 »

.I don't think anyone doubts the need for the world to fight Hitler and his Axis partners but the consequences of war can last for decades.
Several people were injured in the explosion of an aerial bomb from World War II in Munich on Wednesday.

The detonation occurred at a railway construction site near the city centre, the police said. One person was seriously injured, three others were slightly hurt.

Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann visited the scene and said that a 250-kilogram aerial bomb had been hit during construction work. He wished the people who had suffered injuries a speedy recovery.
Raw Story
This story reminds me of when I was stationed at Hahn AB, Germany around. I was bowling with my squadron team in the base's intramural league at the base bowling alley when an announcement was made. We were directed to pickup our gear and belongs and to evacuate the building and leave the base (the bowling alley was about a quarter from a mile from the front gate). It turned out a 500-lb bomb dropped during WWII was found near the flightline during construction of a new building. The base had to call-in bomb disposal personnel from another base, a couple of hours away, to defuse it. Fortunately, the bomb was defused in the early hours of the next morning and life returned to normal.
When you vote left, you vote right.