Harry & Meghan & the phantom car chase

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
ZoWie

Harry & Meghan & the phantom car chase

Post by ZoWie »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65625886
Prince Harry, Meghan and her mother were involved in a "near catastrophic car chase" involving paparazzi, a spokesperson for the prince has said.

The incident happened after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended an awards ceremony in New York on Tuesday.

In a statement, the prince's spokesperson said the "relentless pursuit" lasted for over two hours.

BBC quotes the release from H&M's publicity department because otherwise there are as of now no clear facts whatsoever. My strong suspicion is that a minor incident got blown up by H&M's propaganda division into a major atrocity a la Diana in Paris. NYPD won't comment, saying they have no information. Buckingham Palace says something similar.

---------

They've been in LA too long. It's causing the usual cognitive issues.

Now they want us to believe that someone pursued them at high speed on the streets of New York City (that's a contradiction right there) for two hours. Everyone instantly stopped the presses and asked NYPD for information... that was apparantly the first NYPD heard about it.

It seems within the realm of possibility that there never was a pursuit at all.

Since I consider H&M the 2020s version of the Kardashians, I put them in "Entertainment." Right now I believe them about as much as I believe that Captain Kirk flew all over the galaxy falling in love with space aliens.
Last edited by ZoWie on Thu May 18, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
gounion

Re: Harry & Megan & the phantom car chase

Post by gounion »

Yeah, it didn't pass the smell test for me either. It's all a lie.

Too bad. At first, kinda liked them - I enjoyed Meghan in her TV show, and the idea that Harry had the guts to marry a bi-racial woman showed a progressive attitude, especially for the Royal Family.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Meghan should've known what she was getting into when she married Harry but too late now they wanted a different lifestyle when they left England & they are surely getting it here.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

gounion wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:22 pm Yeah, it didn't pass the smell test for me either. It's all a lie.

Too bad. At first, kinda liked them - I enjoyed Meghan in her TV show, and the idea that Harry had the guts to marry a bi-racial woman showed a progressive attitude, especially for the Royal Family.
I don't know if it's a lie or not but the driver of the cab they got in says the paparazzi "stormed the taxi."
The driver of that taxi, Sukhcharn Singh, spoke to CNN late Wednesday about the surreal experience he encountered.

“I’ve been driving now since 2018, this was the first time I saw this. Other celebrities never got that much attention from the paparazzis,” he said,

Singh recalled that after the the Duke and Duchess got in his cab – and before they could even tell him where to go – “all of a sudden the paparazzi just stormed the taxi. There’s flashes coming from every direction. They’re up against the car, taking pictures.”

At one point, Singh said, a security guard in the cab with them got out to tell the paparazzi to move.

Singh said that he didn’t personally feel in danger but the Duke and the Duchess appeared “very nervous.”

“The look on their faces, you could tell that they were nervous and scared,” Singh recalled.
If this had been in a place like Texas or Florida, chances are some gun nut there would have opened fired on the paparazzi under the "Stand your ground" laws.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Getting surrounded by paparazzi is not a "two-hour high-speed pursuit." There is no evidence whatsoever that it precipitated a car chase in Manhattan. One of their stories is that people were driving motorbikes on the sidewalk to keep up with their car on the FDR Drive.

The FDR Drive has no sidewalks. For a while on the East Side there's a walkway but it's pretty far away and you don't see much from it. Much of the rest of it is pretty isolated, and a couple of long stretches are in tunnels of a sort.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
lucytalk

Post by lucytalk »

gounion wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:22 pm Yeah, it didn't pass the smell test for me either. It's all a lie.

i liked suits but not her acting.

i had high hopes for them as well but now i want harry to divorce her and make amends with his family.
imagination is intelligence having fun