Guardians of the Galaxy 3

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
gounion

Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Post by gounion »

Just got back from going to see it in IMAX. NO SPOILERS in this post.

VERY GOOD, it's as good as the other two movies. It's sad in parts, but overall a fun and happy movie. If you saw and loved the first two, don't miss this one!
ProfX

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Post by ProfX »

I'm looking forward to this one, looks like James Gunn's last ride with Marvel before he goes over to the Dark Side of DC (LOL) ... after I see it, although I think I pretty much know the plot at this point, I'll spoiler tag the stuff.

I've heard no Guardians actually die (well, permanently, anyway) ... but the band will not ever be getting back together with the same members, guess we'll see.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

ProfX wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:12 pm I'm looking forward to this one, looks like James Gunn's last ride with Marvel before he goes over to the Dark Side of DC (LOL) ... after I see it, although I think I pretty much know the plot at this point, I'll spoiler tag the stuff.

I've heard no Guardians actually die (well, permanently, anyway) ... but the band will not ever be getting back together with the same members, guess we'll see.
SPOILER WARNING!

Well, Drax has said he isn't coming back, but it's possible he will. There was a tag in the credits that Quill WILL return in the MCU. I thought that Rocket would be killed off, but he wasn't, loved his story - that's what the movie was mostly about. But those were the sad and jarring parts of the movie - I guess some animal experimentation that could bother some people. It did bother me, but it's just a movie, folks.

Let's just remember that Guardians of the Galaxy had LOTS of different members all the time. We've had a great story arc with these, they can shake it up next time as far as I'm concerned.
Drak

Post by Drak »

I’m still not cool with sitting in the theatre. Mostly because I have a mother with COPD and I don’t want to bring Covid to her on visits.

But I really want to see it. I really like this series, the first being my favorite.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I've been thinking about the film since I've seen it, and so ... here comes the obligatory

*** Mega Spoilers Warning ***

So fascinating that the High Evolutionary, who apparently likes to think he's really a god, is basically a corporate CEO. I mean, literally, the reason they can't save Rocket's life is because they don't have his UPC code or corporate ID (the "passkey") and thus can't do any medical work on him without corporate authorization..... the High Douche wants Rocket back for one and only one reason, obviously the rest of his "creations" don't matter one iota to him since he basically keeps killing them and going back to the drawing board ... but somehow Rocket is the only one who is actually capable of innovation on his own - so he's gonna dissect him, natch.

Adam Warlock was really both underpowered and underutilized. They made him into a bit of a weak simpleton, but then the explanation was that High Douche woke him up out of his "cocoon" too soon. Of course, he comes around and saves Peter's life at the end.

Speaking of which, c'mon Pete, learn how to use a spacesuit ... is it obligatory that in every Guardians film you must 'almost' die in outer space? At least Adam unlike Yondu didn't have to sacrifice himself to save you. The Guardians regroup in the first mid credits scene and are now led by Rocket, and include Cosmo, Kraglin, and others who only played a minor role in previous movies. And we are told Star Lord will return, so hey maybe not as a Guardian but since he's now on Earth with Grandpa, maybe in Avengers Kang Dynasty .... James Gunn may be done with Marvel, but I suspect we are not done with these characters.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D