The Last of Us

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
Drak

The Last of Us

Post by Drak »

Anyone watching?

I played part of the first game, and less than part of the second game. Nothing to do with the games, but as I age I become less and less interested in video games. My son, however, has played them both multiple times.

What's cool is it's filmed in Calgary, my birthplace, and a family member worked on the first season for a bit. I also like the fact that it's more about people and relationships between them in an post apocalyptic environment, instead of focusing entirely on hordes of undead swarms each episode a la Walking Dead, which gets old.

The acting is also very good. And Pedro Pascal is always great.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Ted

Re: The Last of Us

Post by Ted »

Drak wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:15 pm Anyone watching?

I played part of the first game, and less than part of the second game. Nothing to do with the games, but as I age I become less and less interested in video games. My son, however, has played them both multiple times.

What's cool is it's filmed in Calgary, my birthplace, and a family member worked on the first season for a bit. I also like the fact that it's more about people and relationships between them in an post apocalyptic environment, instead of focusing entirely on hordes of undead swarms each episode a la Walking Dead, which gets old.

Enjoying this show immensely.

I had no idea that it was based on a video game until someone on another forum told me. He also constantly whines about the show not being EXACTLY like the video game.

HBO does shows like this better than any other network. The writing, casting, special effects, and practical effects are all excellent.

The Last of Us is far from Deadwood, but it's still pretty good.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:15 pm Anyone watching?

Great show, the two lead actors are fantastic. Pedro is amazing with that stone face.

The "love story" episode about "Bill & Frank" is gonna make cons uncomfortable, they better not watch it. For us adults it is a wonderful episode.
I sigh in your general direction.
plunderer
Site Admin

Post by plunderer »

Never played the game, but this show is awesome!

-P