Violent Night

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
Number6

Violent Night

Post by Number6 »

I saw Violent Night last night at the vase theater and I thought it was going to be dumb but it was entertaining. Here's a synopsis of the plot.

Santa Claus is making his deliveries on Christmas Eve and he stops off at an English pub for some drinks because he's depressed about how Christmas is all about children becoming greedy. He continues his journey a bit tipsy and makes a stop at the secluded manor of a wealthy family. While delivering gifts he sits down in a chair massage eating some cookies and drinking the owner's booze. He hears guns firing and looks out the window and see armed men coming to the house. He tries to escape up the chimney but his magic is letting him down. Now, he has to hide while a small army of thieves holds the family hostage. When Trudy, an eight-year old girl contacts him, on a walkie-talkie her father gave her that night because he forgot to take her to the mall to see Santa, Santa decides he has to try and save her and her family.

The movie is a like many action movies in that there is a lot of blood and gore but it's really fun and funny, nothing like you'd think it would be. I can see this movie being shown around Christmastime on cable channels for many years to come. I know I'm going to DVR it when it's on HBO, Showtime, Amazon Prime, or on-demand.
When you vote left, you vote right.