Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
ProfX

Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania

Post by ProfX »

Two trailers are out, including the "access only" one shown at D23, but that one's a bit more under wraps.

More footage is coming. The smaller side :D of the MCU is going to kick off Phase 5 in 2023.

Disney Confirms When Ant-Man 3's Next Footage Will Release
https://thedirect.com/article/ant-man-3-disney-footage

Disney has announced when fans can expect to see new footage from Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

The upcoming threequel is set to be a completely new experience for the franchise. No longer will it be the "palette cleanser"— instead, Scott Lang and his family are going up against one of the most powerful MCU villains yet: Kang the Conqueror.

[snip][end]

As usual for the Ant-Man films, looks hilarious. Scott is now Employee of the Century at Baskin-Robbins. :D Saving the multiverse really counts! :D I really love the old guy who misrecognizes him and says "Thank you Spider Man!" :lol:

But looks like the film will have some serious consequences. Cassie is starting to grow up and might get her own suit. Nobody other than Loki has met Kang yet, so looks like Ant-Man will be the first.

It seems Janet may have met Kang in the Quantum Realm, and possibly also its less nasty ruler, ... Bill Murray!

"This" Kang may have been stuck in the QR. Maybe stranded there by other selves he was at war with. He wants Ant-Man to help him. This could, as always, be interesting.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Re: Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania

Post by Libertas »

D23?
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Disney D23 Expo
https://d23expo.com

Attendees get to see some stuff the general public doesn't; though these days it all leaks out eventually anyway.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

BTW, I finally saw this in theaters with some friends. (Masked & distanced, of course. :D )

Kick-off of Phase 5. Plus the introduction of Kang who will seem to be the "Uber Bad" of Phase 5. (Technically, we saw him in Loki, but ... ) Had to see it.

Some spoilers will follow. Usual warning about same, since we don't have spoiler tags.

Eh. All the Ant-Man movies have been goofy, it's fine, and I know a subatomic realm should have no logic, but ... I dunno, it's just like I guess Marvel has decided that a subatomic realm can have just about anything, even broccoli headed weirdos and communicative blobs. Oh and sentient techno-ants and Star Wars style cantina bands. And Bill Murray, because, well, Bill Murray.

Ohmilord, does MODOK look goofy as crap once he takes off his metal "menace mask". They totally borked his origin. Whatevs. Cassie gets a suit, so they're setting her up for Young Avengers.

My overall rating - eh, you can definitely wait till this is streaming for low budget or free.

**Mega Spoiler Warning here**

So ... Kang dies at the end of the movie. (Or does he?) He gets kicked into his multiversal engine, so presumably ... everybody manages to get back from the Quantum Realm (though I have heard this ending was rewritten. Maybe having Scott stuck there a 2nd time didn't test well with audiences.)

Hence here comes the post credit scenes. Well, the end of one Kang is not the end of all his multiverse variants, and they seem to be having a very nasty meeting about what to do next (although I thought that was killing each other).

And then we see Loki and Mobius meeting up with one of his variants in the early 20th century, Victor Timely. So obviously the 2nd season is being set up there.