Dr Who 2023 Special Trailer

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
Number6

Dr Who 2023 Special Trailer

Post by Number6 »

The BBC has released a trailer for three Dr. Who specials in November 2023. David Tenant will reprise his role as the Doctor as will Catherine Tate who will play Donna Noble.
A Doctor Who trailer has been released on Christmas Day giving viewers a glimpse of what’s to come as the show prepares to enter its 60th year.

With David Tennant back as the Doctor, the three specials will air in November 2023 before Ncuti Gatwa takes over.

Executive producer Russell T Davies said: “We wanted to give fans, friends and families a lovely little Christmas present - with a promise that 2023 will be a riot of Doctor Who goodness!"
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/entertainment-arts-64091495
The trailer is embedded in the above link.

David Tenant has always been one of my favorite "Doctors," along with Matt Smith, and bringing back Donna Noble should make for a fun special.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ProfX

Re: Dr Who 2023 Special Trailer

Post by ProfX »

So, I'm curious if we get to see Ncuti Gatwa at all in 2023. Maybe just in a bit of a "holding pattern," as the trailer would suggest. :D

Neil Patrick Harris is playing the Celestial Toymaker, a character who I think has appeared in the Whovian expanded universe and canon, but was never in any of the series.

Interesting that the 10/14 Doctor still has to do what's necessary to prevent Donna from remembering him. I think Tennant will bow out after next year, and Ncuti can get his gig on the following year. But it's nice to see him reprise the role.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Re: Dr Who 2023 Special Trailer

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:29 am So, I'm curious if we get to see Ncuti Gatwa at all in 2023. Maybe just in a bit of a "holding pattern," as the trailer would suggest. :D

Neil Patrick Harris is playing the Celestial Toymaker, a character who I think has appeared in the Whovian expanded universe and canon, but was never in any of the series.

Interesting that the 10/14 Doctor still has to do what's necessary to prevent Donna from remembering him. I think Tennant will bow out after next year, and Ncuti can get his gig on the following year. But it's nice to see him reprise the role.
Saw that, wondered where Neil was these days, glad to see he is getting work.
I sigh in your general direction.