Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

News and events of the day
Libertas

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:00 pm Who cares who has credibility with you? What a goof. No one gives a shit, dude. You're one of the biggest idiots on this board.
And they believe they are right about everything, even though we can prove to them they are wrong on EVERY issue that the two sides disagree on.

Not to mention the propaganda they believe and repeat.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

So after all that, only one day of sick leave. :problem:

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:28 pm So after all that, only one day of sick leave. :problem:
Cons insisted, it was either that or destroy the economy etc. :twisted:
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:05 pm Show me a question I won't answer. Go ahead. I fucking dare ya.

And if you're whining about my grammer, that shows you don't have shit. So, how did your Congressman and Senators vote for legislation for gay marriage you pretend to support?

Run away!
I’m not whining about your grammar. I am pointing out that you are a coward and a moron.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 pm I’m not whining about your grammar. I am pointing out that you are a coward and a moron.
No. What you're pointing out is that you can't handle an adult discussion on issues. You're a fucking child.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

This is such an eye-opening moment Biden wasn't trying to stop something bad happening to the economy he was trying to stop something good from happening to workers.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Huh. Looks like perfect timing for some railroad workers to kick into gear and go J.D. Vance jobsandtheeconomy WorkingmensParty BeerHallPutsch

:problem:

Not even a week ago, Tony Cardwell, president of the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes (BMWED), was on NPR addressing the sick leave issue (Rail workers are demanding better work conditions and a strike could be imminent).

Not even a week later, he's out here running to Steve Bannon. :? :problem:

F. this guy. This is the element that has always wrecked the labor movement.

Bannon's War Room 🔥
@Bannons_WarRoom

🧐 Tony Cardwell joins #WarRoom, CALLING OUT #PresidentBiden for ABANDONING Working Americans in the #RailWorkers Debates

#Railroad #RailStrike #RailroadStrike #RailroadUnions
@BMWEDIBT

@3012BMWEDIBT

https://twitter.com/ Bannons_WarRoom/status/1598839399776591872 - link broken on purpose

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 pm I’m not whining about your grammar. I am pointing out that you are a coward and a moron.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Motor City »

Acording to the chamber of commerce the same ruse about saving the economy has happened 18 times before with the rail industry. If they hadnt done this and repeated it over and over conditions likely would not have deteriorated so much as they have. Who is it better for to have the people that haul hazzardous materials, people and goods the public needs, to do those things understaffed, sick, tired, and frustrated?

Biden Signs Legislation To Avert Crisis Of Treating Rail Workers Like Humans
Praising the last-minute agreement to deny the laborers any sort of civility or respect, President Joe Biden signed legislation Friday to avert a crisis in which rail workers might have been treated like actual human beings. “We were only a week away from a nationwide catastrophe in which we would have been forced to acknowledge the basic rights of these employees,” said President Biden, applauding lawmakers on both sides of the aisle who ensured rail workers would continue to be denied a benefit as humane as paid sick days....
Peoples mental health is very much rooted in how their employment is administered. Here they have the opportunity to address it but seem to only want to address mental health when it allows them to do police state stuff to people and act like its a individual boot strap thing and reason to Dis include take things away and disempower further.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

There are real problems with railroad labor relations. One of the biggest problems is that rail transportation is deemed a strategic asset, and strikes are deemed to be national security issues. This problem exists regardless of my opinion on the subject, which btw is pro-labor.

How do you get good labor relations in the rail industry? They've never existed. Railroads were among the first robber barons, which gives them power, but the real reason for their privileged status is that the nation stops instantly without them. If you think our current supply issues are a problem, try stopping all rail transit and see what a real supply issue looks like. Hint: check out Ukraine.

Now, if it were my decision, I'd grant paid sick leave because in the long run it helps the national security to have healthy people running trains, and fewer towns get blown up if something derails. My thing is that if the CEO has to take a compensation reduction of a paltry ten million or so to help raise the cash for the payroll, so be it. But I don't make policy.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

National Security?

Did I hear the GOP when they take power wants to end vax requirements in the military? :evil:

GRRR wishing I was young and healthy again.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Libertas wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:53 pm National Security?

Did I hear the GOP when they take power wants to end vax requirements in the military? :evil:

GRRR wishing I was young and healthy again.
When you enter the military and throughout your time while in the military you get a variety of vaccinations. During deployment in the First Gulf War deploying members were required to get a Gamma Goblin in the processing line. Every year, we were required to get a Flu shot. BTW, I used to manage the base's Flu shot requirements determining how many active-duty military personnel, dependents, and authorized civilians there were as well as ordering/receiving/issuing the vaccine. Getting the COVID-19 shot really is no different from getting a Flu shot the only difference is the rightwing MAGat nutjobs think they're defending freedom by not getting one.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm When you enter the military and throughout your time while in the military you get a variety of vaccinations. During deployment in the First Gulf War deploying members were required to get a Gamma Goblin in the processing line. Every year, we were required to get a Flu shot. BTW, I used to manage the base's Flu shot requirements determining how many active-duty military personnel, dependents, and authorized civilians there were as well as ordering/receiving/issuing the vaccine. Getting the COVID-19 shot really is no different from getting a Flu shot the only difference is the rightwing MAGat nutjobs think they're defending freedom by not getting one.
I was scared when I got mine because I had been told horror stories of the shot giver slipping and the gun slicing a big, long cut on your arm. Didnt happen of course.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Libertas wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:23 pm I was scared when I got mine because I had been told horror stories of the shot giver slipping and the gun slicing a big, long cut on your arm. Didnt happen of course.
I heard that too but the TIs and those giving the shots said just hold still and you won't feel anything and they were right.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Did they ever decide whether Gulf War Syndrome was from one of the shots, or was it burn pits, or what?
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:20 am Did they ever decide whether Gulf War Syndrome was from one of the shots, or was it burn pits, or what?
I think it's more closely associated with the burn pits.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

Amtrak train departing from Pontiac delay unclear
An Amtrak train meant to depart from Oakland County early Monday morning is delayed, but the reason for the delay is somewhat unclear.

At 4:53 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 5, Amtrak officials announced that Wolverine Train 351, which is departing from Pontiac, would be delayed because of “operator unavailability.” About two hours later, officials reported that the train will be moving about 40 minutes behind schedule due to “mechanical issues.”

A tweet from Amtrak Alerts posted at 7:12 a.m. said Wolverine Train 351 is actually delayed because of a trespasser incident involving another train. The account identified that update as a “correction.”.....

.....The train officially departed as of 8:18 a.m., and is running more than two hours behind schedule.