Will SC let Lindsay Graham thumb nose at subpoena?

News and events of the day
Libertas

Will SC let Lindsay Graham thumb nose at subpoena?

Post by Libertas »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/21/politics ... index.html

Sen. Lindsey Graham asked the Supreme Court on Friday to block a subpoena from the Atlanta-area special grand jury investigating efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

The South Carolina Republican filed the emergency request at the high court after the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals agreed with a lower-court judge on Thursday that the grand jury could seek his testimony.

Graham maintains that his efforts in Georgia after the 2020 election were legislative activities protected by the Speech or Debate Clause of the US Constitution.
Which of the 5 far rightwing fascists will? All of them? Assuming Roberts will follow the law in this case, but never know.
I sigh in your general direction.
Toonces

Re: Will SC let Lindsay Graham thumb nose at subpoena?

Post by Toonces »

You'll need to amend "We are a country of laws" to include "well, for some people"
gounion

Post by gounion »

Trump and his minions haven’t been fairing well in the Supreme Court concerning his lies. While the three Trump nominees obviously had to make promises of fealty to Trump to get the job, they, like most conservatives, aren’t good to their word. They will probably spend the rest of their careers living down Trump.

I’d say there is a good chance they’ll shoot down Graham. They don’t seem to be interested in backing Trump. Except for Thomas, of course.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:16 am Trump and his minions haven’t been fairing well in the Supreme Court concerning his lies. While the three Trump nominees obviously had to make promises of fealty to Trump to get the job, they, like most conservatives, aren’t good to their word. They will probably spend the rest of their careers living down Trump.

I’d say there is a good chance they’ll shoot down Graham. They don’t seem to be interested in backing Trump. Except for Thomas, of course.
I hope so. But none of them can be trusted

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

The real question is - why is Graham scared shitless of testifying?

Of course, we all know why.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:19 pm The real question is - why is Graham scared shitless of testifying?

Of course, we all know why.
Notice no board cons denounce Graham for obviously being involved in a crime against America and refusing to cooperate.

THERE is a REASON why, they fully intend to support the end of counting votes, etc. Watch.
I sigh in your general direction.