Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:41 am George Conway🇺🇦 @gtconway3d - verified
walks like a coup, talks like a coup

Living with Kellyanne must be interesting.
That’s why I don’t trust him or Lincoln Project.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:24 pm That’s why I don’t trust him or Lincoln Project.
Agree. Makes no sense they’d be together. Also, that stuff with their daughter is suspect, since she ended up on a talent show.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Think Capitol rioters were "ordinary people"? New research connects many to far-right groups

On the one-year anniversary of Jan. 6, conservatives held more than two dozen "Justice for J6" vigils across the country, arguing that most of those arrested for storming the U.S. Capitol "were political neophytes" who hadn't realized what they were doing was wrong. In February, the Republican Party described the insurrection as "legitimate political discourse" in censuring the two GOP members of Congress who joined the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 events. And in early April, Donald Trump told the Washington Post that he had wanted to march to the Capitol himself, saying, "I would have gone there in a minute" if the Secret Service hadn't prevented it.

All this is part of a growing effort to normalize the riot at the Capitol, and to cast its perpetrators as overwhelmingly "ordinary people" who got caught up in the momentum of something beyond their control. But last week came decisive evidence that this simply isn't true: At least a third of those arrested in conjunction with Jan. 6 belong to a far-right network that is not just deeply interconnected but resilient and adaptable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... li=BBnb7Kz
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:38 am Agree. Makes no sense they’d be together. Also, that stuff with their daughter is suspect, since she ended up on a talent show.
So tired of right wing grifters. Lol I still think he’s just mad because Trump didn’t send him an engraved invitation to be Solicitor General.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ap215 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:46 am Think Capitol rioters were "ordinary people"? New research connects many to far-right groups

On the one-year anniversary of Jan. 6, conservatives held more than two dozen "Justice for J6" vigils across the country, arguing that most of those arrested for storming the U.S. Capitol "were political neophytes" who hadn't realized what they were doing was wrong. In February, the Republican Party described the insurrection as "legitimate political discourse" in censuring the two GOP members of Congress who joined the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 events. And in early April, Donald Trump told the Washington Post that he had wanted to march to the Capitol himself, saying, "I would have gone there in a minute" if the Secret Service hadn't prevented it.

All this is part of a growing effort to normalize the riot at the Capitol, and to cast its perpetrators as overwhelmingly "ordinary people" who got caught up in the momentum of something beyond their control.
How many times have we heard this old saw around here from duped rightwingers.
But last week came decisive evidence that this simply isn't true: At least a third of those arrested in conjunction with Jan. 6 belong to a far-right network that is not just deeply interconnected but resilient and adaptable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... li=BBnb7Kz
Sounds familiar.

Been reading scans of the 1920s Fiery Cross KKK propaganda newspaper at the Indiana U. archives this morning. 100 years later these people are cut from the same cloth. Same hatreds, same social anxieties, same purity paranoia, even the same complaints about the public schools and school boards. :?

(Except now they have to pretend to like the Catholics so they can get that anti-abortion vote. :problem:)

Lock them up, throw away the key.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:22 pm You’re not the first white supremacist to label me “arrogant.”

I’m so “arrogant” I could really give a shit about the opinions of some ignorant, undereducated, online WS who is speaking from your own feelings of irrelevance and inadequacy.

There’s nothing you can do about my “arrogance,” either, so put that hemp rope away.
The Troll defines "Arrogance" being more than willing to stand up for yourself. Not being cowed by him. Demanding the rights the Troll takes for granted.

The Troll is White Nationalist/White Supremacist who expects all deference to him. The Troll projects his racism on to Carmen. The Troll is an uneducated poor put upon White Man who blames everybody but himself for his lot in life.

The Troll's own arogance is the expectation that his skin color somehow makes his better than a person who skin is darker than his. Just the Troll believes that his version of his god gives him the right to decide that other versions of other gods are wrong, even just as much evil has been committed in the his god as any other god.

It's not Carmen is "Arrogant", its that Carmen is more than willing to call the Troll out for the racist that he knows he is.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
gounion

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:22 pm You’re not the first white supremacist to label me “arrogant.”

I’m so “arrogant” I could really give a shit about the opinions of some ignorant, undereducated, online WS who is speaking from your own feelings of irrelevance and inadequacy.

There’s nothing you can do about my “arrogance,” either, so put that hemp rope away.
Just another euphemism for "uppity".
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

MAGA Rioter Gets Busted By Uber Driver's VideoCam, "How That Work Out For Ya?"

https://www.rawstory.com/maga-rioter-ge ... ut-for-ya/.

A California man who bragged to his Uber driver that he broke down a barrier at the January 6 Capitol riot was arrested last week -- with the help of the driver’s dashboard video camera.

Jerry Braun, of South El Monte, Calif., was charged by the FBI with illegal entry, disorderly and disruptive conduct and parading in the Capitol. Braun’s case stood out in the manner he was apprehended, as well as an unusual in-person interview last November at his home with FBI agents.

The FBI was tipped off by the Uber driver who picked Braun up at 7:05 p.m., after the riot. Here’s how their conversation went:

Driver: “So, has it been violent all day?”

Braun: “Well, it started around, right when I got there. I tore down the barricades.”

Driver: “You did? Why?”

Braun: “Well, because, so we could get to the Capitol.”

Driver: “Well, how’d that work out for ya?”

Saying this, while videocam was running. Stupid is as Stupid does.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:38 am Agree. Makes no sense they’d be together. Also, that stuff with their daughter is suspect, since she ended up on a talent show.
Conmen/Women
I sigh in your general direction.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

April 23 (Reuters) - A local Republican Party leader in North Carolina threatened to get a county elections director fired or have her pay cut unless she helped him gain illegal access to voting equipment, the state elections board told Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 022-04-23/

The party official, William Keith Senter, sought evidence to support false conspiracy theories alleging the 2020 election was rigged against former U.S. President Donald Trump. The previously unreported incident is part of a national effort by Trump supporters to audit voting systems to bolster the baseless stolen-election claims.

Senter, chair of the Surry County Republican Party, told elections director Michella Huff that he would ensure she lost her job if she refused his demand to access the county's vote tabulators, the North Carolina State Board of Elections said in written responses to questions from Reuters. Senter was "aggressive, threatening, and hostile," in two meetings with Huff, the state elections board said, citing witness accounts.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

GOP are the enemies of the living species on earth, all of them.

GOP lawmakers helped Meadows, other Trump aides on strategy to overturn 2020 election: court filing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAWvTzF

Board cons support the insurrection, as does anyone who votes for ANY republican.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:46 pm April 23 (Reuters) - A local Republican Party leader in North Carolina threatened to get a county elections director fired or have her pay cut unless she helped him gain illegal access to voting equipment, the state elections board told Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 022-04-23/

The party official, William Keith Senter, sought evidence to support false conspiracy theories alleging the 2020 election was rigged against former U.S. President Donald Trump. The previously unreported incident is part of a national effort by Trump supporters to audit voting systems to bolster the baseless stolen-election claims.

Senter, chair of the Surry County Republican Party, told elections director Michella Huff that he would ensure she lost her job if she refused his demand to access the county's vote tabulators, the North Carolina State Board of Elections said in written responses to questions from Reuters. Senter was "aggressive, threatening, and hostile," in two meetings with Huff, the state elections board said, citing witness accounts.
The only way these conservative whites can win without their usual vigilante violence is through outright cheating.

Then they turn around and claim the last election is what was rigged. :problem:

People get this desperate when they know they don't have anything legitimate to offer.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:01 pm The only way these conservative whites can win without their usual vigilante violence is through outright cheating.

Then they turn around and claim the last election is what was rigged. :problem:

People get this desperate when they know they don't have anything legitimate to offer.
For 4 years I refused to use the words "win" and "election" in the same sentence with traitor trump. I couldn't believe he won in those blue states. He lost the election, or the kind of election held everywhere else on earth, but he pulled it out in the racist EC.

I assumed something was done to help him other than the obvious Putin interference and FB. But when you add in Comey and that part of the left that constantly bashed Hillary, we got what we got.

Our elections are secure and other than a handful of republicans here and there, no voter fraud at all. This is why cons in Nov will have to refuse to certify the elections they lose because they cant rig the actual votes.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Mike Lee did try to overthrow the govt, this is now proven, and today GOP gave him a standing ovation.

https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lee-evan-mcmullin-utah/

Eight days after CNN released text messages showing Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) had supported Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the election despite telling the public the opposite, Utah Republicans provided him of a vote of confidence.

GOP is an armed violent group of terrorists. I keep saying this but people arent getting it. :twisted:
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

OH
MY
GOD

https://twitter.com/joyannreid/status/1 ... qHcvIilCzA

Pence was afraid to get into secret service car on January 6. Chuck Grassley involved in the coup.

https://www.newsweek.com/pence-refusing ... um=twitter

Former Vice President Mike Pence's refusal to get into a Secret Service vehicle during the January 6 Capitol riot is being called "chilling" as the House select committee prepares to reveal its findings sometime before the end of the year.

Speaking at a Thursday event hosted by the Georgetown University's Center on Faith and Justice, Democratic Representative Jamie Raskin of Maryland, who is also a member of the committee investigating the Capitol riot, accused former President Donald Trump of attempting to organize a coup to circumvent Joe Biden's victory in the 2020 presidential election and stay in power. During the talk, he called special attention to a tense moment involving Pence, NBC News reported.

After being taken to an undisclosed portion of the Capitol during the riot, Pence's Secret Service agents, whom Raskin suspected were reporting directly to Trump's security detail, asked him to enter an armored limousine. The intent, some have theorized, was to drive Pence away from the building, preventing him from certifying the election results, after he had signaled his unwillingness to go against his duties and keep Trump in power.

"[Pence] uttered what I think are the six most chilling words of this entire thing I've seen so far: 'I'm not getting in that car,'" Raskin said. "He knew exactly what this inside coup they had planned for was going to do."
Cons are TRAITORS
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

New York Judge Holds Traitor In Contempt of Court.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-yo ... 022-04-25/.

April 25 (Reuters) - A New York judge on Monday held former President Donald Trump in contempt of court for not producing documents subpoenaed in the state attorney general's civil probe of his business practices, and ordered Trump to be fined $10,000 per day until he complies.

Trump lost a bid to quash a subpoena from state Attorney General Letitia James, then failed to produce all the documents by a court-ordered March 3 deadline, later extended to March 31 at his lawyers' request.

Justice Arthur Engoron ruled that a contempt finding was appropriate because of what the judge called "repeated failures" to hand over materials and that it was not clear Trump had conducted a complete search for responsive documents.

"Mr. Trump … I know you take your business seriously, and I take mine seriously. I hereby hold you in civil contempt," the judge said, although Trump himself was not in the courtroom.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

marindem01 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:46 pm New York Judge Holds Traitor In Contempt of Court.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-yo ... 022-04-25/.

April 25 (Reuters) - A New York judge on Monday held former President Donald Trump in contempt of court for not producing documents subpoenaed in the state attorney general's civil probe of his business practices, and ordered Trump to be fined $10,000 per day until he complies.

Trump lost a bid to quash a subpoena from state Attorney General Letitia James, then failed to produce all the documents by a court-ordered March 3 deadline, later extended to March 31 at his lawyers' request.

Justice Arthur Engoron ruled that a contempt finding was appropriate because of what the judge called "repeated failures" to hand over materials and that it was not clear Trump had conducted a complete search for responsive documents.

"Mr. Trump … I know you take your business seriously, and I take mine seriously. I hereby hold you in civil contempt," the judge said, although Trump himself was not in the courtroom.
He'll never pay a penny. Even if he's fined and eventually turns over the papers he'll keep appealing the court fines until his appeals run out and even then he'll still refuse to pay.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

He will never pay and he will never go to jail.

Now if he was a democrat, both would occur.

When will MTG and the others be arrested, dear god if they were democrats they would all be indicted by now...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAWAn7L

Marjorie Taylor Greene Talked ‘Marshall Law’ With Trump Chief of Staff
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1518628 ... 66knpXy8Bg

WOW

just

WOW

And board con loves that this alleged news channel did this...traitors, all of you
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Mother and son among 3 Ohio residents charged with storming the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Kimberly and Colton Wargo of Westlake have been arrested for allegedly storming the US Capitol during the January insurrection in 2021. Justin Michael Smith, 20, was also arrested in connection to the insurrection.

In all three cases, they have been charged with knowingly entering a restricted area, and violent entry, and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. The US Capitol is considered a restricted building with access being a privilege.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/05/04/ ... ry-6-2021/
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project
@ACLEDINFO

While the total number of political violence events in the United States declined after #Jan6th, many of the same far-right groups that led the attack have only increased their activity and influence — raising new risks going into the midterms.

Report ▶️ https://bit.ly/3MMKX8J

https://twitter.com/ACLEDINFO/status/15 ... 7353060356

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ap215 »

House 1/6 panel rejects Justice Dept.’s transcript request

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol is rejecting a request from the Justice Department for access to the committee’s interviews, for now.

Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., the committee’s chairman, said Tuesday that the Justice Department had made the request as part of its ongoing criminal investigation into the attack. But he said it was “premature” for the committee to share its work at this point because the panel’s probe is ongoing.

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-sieg ... c53f14a403
Drak

Post by Drak »

Matea Gold @mateagold - Verified
NEW: Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court justice, pressed Arizona lawmakers to help reverse Trump’s loss, emails show

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/15 ... 2085069824

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... on-emails/

Drak

Post by Drak »

Attempting to overthrow a free and fair election is what we call a coup.

CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics
Right-wing attorney John Eastman revealed in a late-night court filing that he was in touch directly with then-President Donald Trump about plans to overturn the 2020 election, which included receiving Trump's handwritten notes

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/ ... 1536373760
(CNN)Right-wing attorney John Eastman revealed in a late-night court filing that he was in touch directly with then-President Donald Trump about plans to overturn the 2020 election, which included receiving Trump's handwritten notes.

The House Select Committee investigating the January 6, 2021, insurrection is still seeking documents from Eastman. In a court filing, Eastman described two of them as "hand-written notes from former President Trump about information that he thought might be useful for the anticipated litigation."

Eastman also said he was in touch with "six conduits" of Trump about what the former President wanted as the lawyer took part in the effort to plot court cases challenging the election. Three of the people worked for Trump's 2020 campaign, and three were the President's immediate staff, Eastman said.

"While Dr. Eastman could (and did) communicate directly with former President Trump at times, many of his communications with the President were necessarily through these agents," Eastman's attorneys wrote about a total of 113 documents on Thursday.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:28 pm Attempting to overthrow a free and fair election is what we call a coup.

CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics
Right-wing attorney John Eastman revealed in a late-night court filing that he was in touch directly with then-President Donald Trump about plans to overturn the 2020 election, which included receiving Trump's handwritten notes

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/ ... 1536373760
If only he was a democrat...wheels would turn so fast to put him in jail your head would spin, as we used to say.