Harrison Ford

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
Bludogdem

Harrison Ford

Post by Bludogdem »

Will replace William Hurt as Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross in “Captain America: Ne World Order”
ProfX

Re: Harrison Ford

Post by ProfX »

They all copy each other, looks like the Thunderbolts will be Marvel's copy of DC's Suicide Squad.

Looks like Ford will be Red Hulk.

P.S. The Rock aka "Black Adam" sez DC originally planned to drop Henry Cavill as Superman, but they've made up. We're finally gonna see the Justice Society, complete with Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate, DC's answer to Dr. Strange.

Dunno what's gonna happen with the Flash movie. No way Ezra Miller can promote that from prison. :|
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:57 pm They all copy each other, looks like the Thunderbolts will be Marvel's copy of DC's Suicide Squad.

Looks like Ford will be Red Hulk.

P.S. The Rock aka "Black Adam" sez DC originally planned to drop Henry Cavill as Superman,
!!!

but they've made up. We're finally gonna see the Justice Society, complete with Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate, DC's answer to Dr. Strange.

Dunno what's gonna happen with the Flash movie. No way Ezra Miller can promote that from prison. :|
Well, The Rock would make a good Superman. But I am looking forward to seeing him in Black Adam, for sure.

Plus, I love Henry. OMG he is an impossible person!

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

I never played the Witcher games. I like RPGs, but not solo ones like that, I prefer stuff like Pathfinder games where you control a party.

That said, I really like HC as the Witcher on Netflix. I never read the books either, but after watching it, I decided I would check them out. Good news, they have been translated from the original Polish. :D

I can't believe DC was gonna drop him as Superman. Ridiculous. About as ridiculous as them rejecting the Snyder Cut of Justice League. Apparently he will appear in Black Adam, but it might just be a post credits cameo.

They're talking about a Flash sequel already so it looks like the first is a go, maybe they can't cut Ezra Miller from it, but ... his chances of being in the sequel are barely above zero. I figure they just have Grant Gustin do it, after all, it's a big multiverse, and he's been playing the Flash in the Arrowverse....

On the MCU side ... Thunderbolts will be cool not just cuz we get HF, but also more Contessa Val! :mrgreen:

Team will also probably have US Agent, Black Widow 2, ... Venom?, Baron Zemo, Taskmaster? ... the Punisher, maybe Winter Soldier/Bucky? Plus Ford as Red Hulk. Like Suicide Squad, they're all either criminals or operating way outside the law. Which will be ironic for Ross, who was pushing the Sekovia Accords, but She-Hulk revealed they're null and void now anyway.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

This is the official MCU Thunderbolts cast so far, per Kevin Feigi at the D23 Expo:

Val, Ghost, Red Guardian, Yelana (the leader of the team), Bucky, US Agent and Taskmaster. Likely/Probable are Zemo, Red Hulk and Abomination. Looks like Yelena picked herself up another vest with lots of pockets. :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny -- trailer drop

Harrison Ford cracks the whip in teaser trailer for ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/01/entertai ... index.html

So: what do we know about #5?

It's 1969, there's Nazis in the U.S. space program (hello Werner von Braun), and we know Indy likes to punch Nazis.

No trace of Mutt Williams (Shia L) or Marion Ravenwood - not in the film? Looks like Mutt will not be donning the hat.

This is Indy's last rodeo. They say for sure! I mean, who wants to watch Harrison chase down the bad guys in a wheelchair? There may be an anointed successor -- he has a god-daughter named Helena, played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, she may be Marcus Brody's daughter.

Sallah is back!

Is the Dial of Destiny a time travel device? They are gonna digitally de-age Ford, but that may just be for flashback scenes. We'll see. Darned if one scene doesn't look like the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. :mrgreen:

There's rumors of an Indy TV series in the works (again) -- PROLLY going to feature a younger Indy again -- even though I'm still rooting for Mutt to take up the fedora & whip and chase alien artifacts down in the 70s to a disco beat, but we'll see. Harrison might briefly cameo to narrate ... again, might be news about this next year.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

They'd best put a no-piloting clause in his contract or there may be a sudden production halt. He hasn't had the best luck with aircraft. They got lucky in 2015, when he didn't go off the Santa Monica Airport pattern onto the golf course until after they'd wrapped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Ford#Incidents
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:40 pm They'd best put a no-piloting clause in his contract or there may be a sudden production halt. He hasn't had the best luck with aircraft. They got lucky in 2015, when he didn't go off the Santa Monica Airport pattern onto the golf course until after they'd wrapped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Ford#Incidents
I watch tons of YT of plane crash recaps and Ford's landing on a taxiway is one of the popular ones. These 4 incidents should be enough to end his flying career, one would think.

He is also in new Apple show "Shrinking", so he is busy.

When he landed on the taxiway he was very apologetic and accepted his error when talking with ATC, I heard the whole thing. But one wonders how many more incidents he is allowed.
I sigh in your general direction.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

The incident at SM Airport put him in the Ronnie Ray Gun Medical Center for quite a while. He's lucky that he survived, and some production is lucky that they'd already wrapped post-sync. I believe he had a no-fly clause in his contract for that show, which I have forgotten the name of, but that had expired.

He's not the first to have attempted a landing on that golf course, nor was he the last, but it's still bad form. Too easy to decapitate golfers who are concentrating on their swing.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22