Elon Musk, rip-off King!

News and events of the day
bradman

Re: Elon Musk, rip-off King!

Post by bradman »

Drak wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:45 pm Musk just bought Twitter, though. How come you had no interest before?

Anyway, there are other places like Mastodon and Post. Those are the two others I know of outside of the bad places.
https://www.npr.org/2022/11/24/11390797 ... -hive-post
Looking to leave Twitter? Here are the social networks seeing new users now

A boycott only works if there's enough participation.

i played with Facebook for awhile. By the time of Twitter i had no interest. It's a social media platform that, to me, passes itself of as real news. Don't like it. Never have. Probably never will.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:43 pm What multiple platforms?
For myself, I used to be on social media manager so for a living I am on all of the platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Insta, all of the major ones. But that's not unique to me. Since these are the big ones, people are on all of them.

TikTok is another one. I am on TT myself but can't recommend to others because of the invasive nature of how that platform works.

As long as it's not musk, i might be interested in them.
Well, I don't blame you re: Musk. There is a big move from Twitter to Mastodon, though because it's taken years and years for many people to build up their networks on Twitter, people are still figuring out how to try and migrate that all and not have to reinvent the wheel. It's also not as intuitive as Twitter. But you might want to check it out.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:01 pm https://www.npr.org/2022/11/24/11390797 ... -hive-post
Looking to leave Twitter? Here are the social networks seeing new users now

A boycott only works if there's enough participation.
Yes this is not necessarily a boycott. It's more of a migration. There are a lot of people participating.
i played with Facebook for awhile. By the time of Twitter i had no interest. It's a social media platform that, to me, passes itself of as real news. Don't like it. Never have. Probably never will.
That's ok, too. I know a LOT of people who are not on social media at all. Nobody needs me to validate it, but it's fine not to be on social media.

What I was saying was, if you're not on it, you're not in a position to tell people to get off of it, or why.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:06 pm For myself, I used to be on social media manager so for a living I am on all of the platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Insta, all of the major ones. But that's not unique to me. Since these are the big ones, people are on all of them.

TikTok is another one. I am on TT myself but can't recommend to others because of the invasive nature of how that platform works.

Well, I don't blame you re: Musk. There is a big move from Twitter to Mastodon, though because it's taken years and years for many people to build up their networks on Twitter, people are still figuring out how to try and migrate that all and not have to reinvent the wheel. It's also not as intuitive as Twitter. But you might want to check it out.
INteresting thing you said there, I had dinner yesterday with an executive in the I think "health and safety" dept of Tik Tok, not sure if that is the name, she says they are the ones who make sure the platform is safe and NOT intrusive or something like that.

Musk just said if advertisers keep leaving he will name them to shame them. Total scumbag and idiot.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Fascist A sez he will back Fascist B over Fascist C.

Elon Musk says he will back Trump rival Ron DeSantis in 2024 if he runs for president
- Guardian
Billionaire says he prefers ‘someone sensible and centrist’ but that he had been disappointed by the Democrats so far
I'm glad he is "disappointed" and I hope he forever stays "disappointed" over there.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ap215 »

Libertas wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:16 pm INteresting thing you said there, I had dinner yesterday with an executive in the I think "health and safety" dept of Tik Tok, not sure if that is the name, she says they are the ones who make sure the platform is safe and NOT intrusive or something like that.

Musk just said if advertisers keep leaving he will name them to shame them. Total scumbag and idiot.
They're partners with the Trust and Safety Professional Association & this was the original company name before it was rebranded to TikTok

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/2/17644 ... nce-douyin
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ap215 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:45 am They're partners with the Trust and Safety Professional Association & this was the original company name before it was rebranded to TikTok

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/2/17644 ... nce-douyin
That is what it is called, "trust and safety."
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

BREAKING NEWS: Neo-Nazis and Other White Supremacists Launch Massive Nationwide Campaign to Leverage Elon Musk’s Ownership of Twitter to Deplatform the American Left

https://sethabramson.substack.com/p/bre ... -and-other

{Update at 7:31PM ET: Activist Chad Loder, who appears on the neo-Nazis’ proposed ban list and is referenced in the report below, has now been permanently suspended from Twitter by Elon Musk.}

As Huffington Post front-page senior editor Philip Lewis just noted here—and as has been discussed, in the last few hours, all over the internet—a list of thousands of left-leaning individuals the far right wants Twitter CEO Elon Musk to ban (and who it believes it can successfully convince him to ban via a fraudulent nationwide flagging-and-reporting campaign) is making the rounds among American neo-Nazis and other white supremacists.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

F. this guy. Coulda EASILY been me in this crash.

John O'Connell
@jdpoc

Earlier today: #Tesla announced that some of its cars will be running the Beta version of it's self-driving system.

Happening now: Multi-car pile-up in on the Bay Bridge in San Francisco involving 18 injuries, reportedly caused by a #Tesla 'suddenly driving erratically'.

https://twitter.com/jdpoc/status/1596184675558514689

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:48 am Reasonable discussion like this ...
Conservatives are not capable.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

SIVA VAIDHYANATHAN 🦬 🗽🤘🏽
@sivavaid

Imagine picking a fight with a more powerful figure, one on whom you are largely dependent, and one known for competence and excellence in all areas in which you are ridiculed.

https://twitter.com/sivavaid/status/1597309356554752000

We're to believe this is one of the smartest people in the world, ever. Or something. F. him.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Number6 »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:47 pm SIVA VAIDHYANATHAN 🦬 🗽🤘🏽
@sivavaid

Imagine picking a fight with a more powerful figure, one on whom you are largely dependent, and one known for competence and excellence in all areas in which you are ridiculed.

https://twitter.com/sivavaid/status/1597309356554752000

We're to believe this is one of the smartest people in the world, ever. Or something. F. him.
Why is it that those who are rich think they're the smartest people, that what they have to say is more important than what anyone else says, and that their virtues are superior to others?
When you vote left, you vote right.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

The GOP executives are eating their own Chris Licht vs. Elon vs. Tim Cook

ProfX

Post by ProfX »

a) Tim Cook, like Steve Jobs, mostly donates to Dems.
b) All that said, I don't give Apple a free pass for using that slave labor camp FoxConn to make the iPhone. :|
c) Elon, if you don't like Apple's iPhone - dunno if you know this, there's all kinds of other options out there from Samsung and others running Google/Linux OS - ya don't have to make your own. :mrgreen:
d) BTW: Samsung uses FoxConn for manufacturing too.
e) attacking your own advertisers usually doesn't work to bring them back. :lol:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Now: WTF is this thang?

Elon Ignores Crypto Bros Who Took $600,000 Sculpture of Him to Tesla HQ
The Elon fanboys, who created a cryptocurrency called "Elon GOAT Token," hoped that Musk accepting a six-ton goat on a rocket would propel them to notoriety.
https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-tesla-scu ... 1849825463

It looks like Elon has turned into a rocket-humping caterpillar. :lol: :roll:

Man, even his fanboys are weird.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:05 pm Now: WTF is this thang?

The Elon fanboys, who created a cryptocurrency called "Elon GOAT Token," hoped that Musk accepting a six-ton goat on a rocket would propel them to notoriety.

I think that’s a rocket humping GOAT. Caterpillars don’t have 4 legs.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:04 pm e) attacking your own advertisers usually doesn't work to bring them back. :lol:
So dumb. I mean really. 😒

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:05 pm Now: WTF is this thang?

Freaks.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

chuckle....... 8-) .........

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-twitte ... 43482.html
Bloomberg
Elon Musk’s Twitter Is Full of People Swearing Off Tesla
Elon Musk, among Farley’s chief rivals, has taken a decidedly different tack. Since the Tesla CEO also became CEO of Twitter at the end of October, he has dismissed or scared away almost 5,000 Twitter employees (and asked some to return), declared that the social media site may slide into bankruptcy, alienated many of its advertisers, botched a product rollout that allowed brand impostors to proliferate on the site, mocked a US senator, told his followers to vote Republican and invited former US President Donald Trump back onto the platform. All the while, he’s tweeted a play-by-play of the saga alongside a steady stream of lewd memes and score-settling burns — many aimed at his new employees.
This belligerent and erratic performance in his new role as “chief Twit” :mrgreen: has raised Musk’s already stratospheric public profile to new heights. If Twitter is a global town square, Musk has transitioned overnight from one of its loudest orators to equal parts mayor and sheriff, with the potential to irritate far beyond the echo chamber of his 118 million followers. For owners and potential buyers of Tesla cars, it has become all but impossible to find neutral ground on the controversies that surround Musk.

Tesla’s lead in the EV market is unquestionably strong — particularly in the US, where the carmaker has steadily sold more vehicles over the course of this year. But there are some signs that the lead is starting to slip. Tesla’s share of new US EV sales dipped to 64% in the third quarter from 75% in year earlier period, according to estimates from Cox Automotive.
Market share is already on the wane as thousands of Tesla owners ditch their cars for EVs from startups with both quiet cars and quiet leaders. In the third quarter, almost one-third of Lucid buyers, for example, had owned a Tesla, according to S&P Global Mobility. The story is the same at Polestar and Rivian, which lured far more former fans from Tesla than any other brand.
0hhhhhhhh..........Now that breaks my heart.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

I can conclude from the photographic horror show in a previous post here that cryptocurrency, which was always destined to go completely over the edge, has finally done just that.

Damn, a self-motivated doggy pile with a fascist-realist Musk head on a rocket about to conquer the universe. The ultimate Tribute to Twitler. Musk cannot be said to have gone over the edge, because far as I can tell he was never on this side of it.

MotorCity's recent Universal Frankenstein clip is almost as good a visual, but only on a mythopoeic level. The photo in this thread rockets it home.

Maybe someone will have an animation house recreate the spectacle of his original Tesla prototype, basically an electric Lotus, ejecting from whatever launch vehicle he used it for ballast on. This Tesla is currently headed off into interstellar space.

You can't make up shit this good. Trust me, or look it up. Nothing's too over the edge for Elon.

(BTW... Tesla has a miserable maintenance record. EVs have fewer failure points, but when they fail it's game over. Also the self-driving mode is, shall we say, rather buggy. Gives new meaning to "software crash.")

Now he's launched a first strike on Apple for some business dispute which he's chosen to turn into a Pearl Harbor, the way he does. Full mobilization impends. Phones are being picked up in law offices nationwide. The best I can reconstruct from breathless media accounts is that Apple dared to question the safety of his twitter app. I wonder how many of Musk's employees it took to subdue him. The resulting exchange of media blasts from both sides threatens to melt CNBC.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
bradman

Post by bradman »

Call it a migration, call it a boycott, don't much matter to me. i'd love nothing more than to see Musk taken down a few notches.

#FuckElonDeleteTesla. :mrgreen:
gounion

Post by gounion »

For someone that's supposedly brilliant, Elon doesn't seem too bright.

For the most part, the people who buy Teslas as this point are very progressive folks. I mean, Glenn wouldn't buy a Tesla if they were selling for a dime apiece and it costs $100 a mile to operate his pickup. Glenn will just NEVER buy any kind of electric or hybrid, for purely ideological reasons. And Glenn is the kinda guy who Elon wants to be a hero to.

Not a good way to sell electric cars.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:08 pm Call it a migration, call it a boycott, don't much matter to me. i'd love nothing more than to see Musk taken down a few notches.
Same, I'm js it's not necessarily a boycott because many people joining other places are also still on Twitter in some form.
#FuckElonDeleteTesla. :mrgreen:
There are a ton of those tin cans in my city, but my city is also overrun with tech bros. There seem to be somewhat fewer of them since a bunch of people moved back in with mommy because of the pandemic. I'll be glad when they all go back to Orinda, TBH.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

I think Teslas have transcended the wine and cheese set here in LA. Some days you can't go a block without seeing one. They overrun this neighborhood, and while the politics here are slightly skewed toward Democratic, it's not Berkeley in 1969.

I wouldn't have a current version in the house. You save on gas but otherwise it's an awfully boring ride, which electrics don't have to be, and I'm not sure how much money you really save in the long run given how expensive the things are.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:54 pm I think Teslas have transcended the wine and cheese set here in LA. Some days you can't go a block without seeing one. They overrun this neighborhood, and while the politics here are slightly skewed toward Democratic, it's not Berkeley in 1969.

I wouldn't have a current version in the house. You save on gas but otherwise it's an awfully boring ride, which electrics don't have to be, and I'm not sure how much money you really save in the long run given how expensive the things are.
Teslas were a novelty when they first came out and now I see them but I'm not impressed with them. My next car will be an electric car but it won't be a Tesla. Many car manufacturers are switching over to electric vehicles so there will be plenty of competition for my business. I'm interested in seeing the Honda Prologue which is due out in 2024. If it looks and performs like I want I could see me buying it around 2026.
When you vote left, you vote right.