Human Trafficking?

News and events of the day
bradman

Re: Human Trafficking?

Post by bradman »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 pm Yeah he was a terrible person, though there were a couple things he got right. Sola Fide is not one of them, no.
And i can't help it. Never have been able to.

A terrible person?

He was battling the Catholic Church.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:44 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli%C3%A1n_Gonz%C3%A1lez

To all you "outraged" liberals I give you Elien Gonzales.
Smaller, limited government.

27-year-old migrant says he was paid to help fill Martha’s Vineyard flight - San Antonio Report
A 27-year-old Venezuelan migrant told the San Antonio Report Thursday he was paid $200 in cash to recruit people from outside San Antonio’s migrant resource center to board a flight that landed at Martha’s Vineyard Wednesday.

Emmanuel, who declined to give a reporter his last name, said a woman he knows as “Perla” told him she wanted to send migrants to “sanctuary states” where the government has more resources to help them.

He said he gave Perla contact information for about 10 migrants he met near the migrant center.

“Perla informed me that in those sanctuary states, the state has the benefits to help migrants,” Emmanuel said in Spanish over the phone. “I’ve just been the mediator because I like to help people.”

Roughly 50 migrants recruited from around the resource center were reportedly placed on a pair of chartered flights that left Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland on Wednesday and flew to Florida and at least one other stop before landing in Martha’s Vineyard.
The SA Is Amor mural faces Broadway Street as people arrive to downtown. The four story artwork created by Suzy Gonzales is part of the Art Everywhere project by Centro.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:26 pm And i can't help it. Never have been able to.

A terrible person?

He was battling the Catholic Church.
Yes, outside of that he was a nasty little misogyinst and a raging antisemite. ProfX has talked about it recently viewtopic.php?p=36926#p36926

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:35 pm Yes, outside of that he was a nasty little misogyinst and a raging antisemite. ProfX has talked about it recently viewtopic.php?p=36926#p36926
That one is a good thread.

Read it half a dozen times and am still learning from it.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Speaking of Catholicism, both DeFascist and Abbott are Catholic.

I hope Pope Francis will smack these guys down. I'm not a big fan, but I don't dislike him, either, and like some of his statements. I could see him doing it.

Every Catholic bishop in Texas is slamming Gov. Abbott's decision to bar refugees - CNN

And then...the RCC does not have a good track record re: human trafficking of enslaved persons, indigenous people, and little kids. :(

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:52 pm Agreed that I probably spend too much time on the net myself.
Haha don't we all. :D

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:46 pm Speaking of Catholicism, both DeFascist and Abbott are Catholic.

I hope Pope Francis will smack these guys down. I'm not a big fan, but I don't dislike him, either, and like some of his statements. I could see him doing it.

Every Catholic bishop in Texas is slamming Gov. Abbott's decision to bar refugees - CNN

And then...the RCC does not have a good track record re: human trafficking of enslaved persons, indigenous people, and little kids. :(
As am i. German Roman Catholic at that. [shrug shoulders.]

He's been doing a fairly good job of it.

Although, i 'm not quite sure how to take his recent approval of the U.S. supplying Ukraine with arms.

But then, there's always been a battle between us an the Orthodox.

Throw in the Lutherans and it starts to get totally fucked up.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:58 am As am i. German Roman Catholic at that. [shrug shoulders.]
Very rich traditions, both there and here. Though I only have book knowledge.
He's been doing a fairly good job of it.

Although, i 'm not quite sure how to take his recent approval of the U.S. supplying Ukraine with arms.

But then, there's always been a battle between us an the Orthodox.

Throw in the Lutherans and it starts to get totally fucked up.
Yeah. And then you get Calvin and Zwingli. Not exactly the party people :?

Some personal observations: Orthodoxy fills up the senses, kind of like Catholicism can. This really freaks Protestants TF out. So I find Orthodoxy and Catholicism very beautiful in all the ways Protestantism set out to strip all the aesthetics that made things interesting.

Then you get Black US Protestantism, which bypassed ALL of those hangups.

At least the Methodists and Pietists were TRYING to feel something..bless them.

Give me the Catholics, Pietists, and Methodists any day, over the Calvinists and post-Luther reformers..seen that lot WAY too up close and personal. :? I can appreciate it intellectually. But personally, it's a very strong self-protective line.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

MHO: first person to make the argument for "works not faith" was probably James the Just, Jesus' brother, and probably the leader of what Eisenman and others call "The Jerusalem Church" though I would really just call it a "community". Of course, James' position is closer to the original Jewish view. Even today, the most ultra-Orthodox are more concerned with Orthodoxy of action (following the commandments) than Orthodoxy of belief (though I'm not affiliated with those guys). This agnostic thinks humans wrote the Torah as well as anything else, humans devised the rules for their community 3000 years ago, and no, I'm going to go ahead and eat bacon and shellfish. For sure, I'm not gonna put to death people who wear mixed fabrics. :D The commandments about treating your fellow man fairly, justly, and honestly were the ones emphasized by the Prophets, who BTW kinda before that Jesus feller were saying "the law was made for man, not man for the law".

I really like this Hillel feller who said "the heart of the Torah is to love thy neighbor as thyself; the rest is commentary". (Then Rabbi Jesus, who appears to have been a follower of his liberal sect of Pharisaism, said it).

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... rsion=NKJV

I think James was probably the central figure for this early sect of Christianity Biblical historians call the Ebionites. The weird thing is who would have known Jesus' actual teachings better -- his own brother, or some outsider named "Better Call Saul" from Tarsus who never knew him? But we know the deal, the Paulines became the dominant faction, and the Ebionites became declared the heretics.

Martin Luther started out as a philosemite. He thought if he fixed and removed the "errors" of the Catholic Church, the Jews would no longer have the barriers he thought kept them from converting. But when they didn't follow suit, yeah, he became a nasty antisemite.

As for the Catholic Church during the Holocaust - so much could be said on it - there were priests who resisted, the movie Amen is about one -- but generally without the support of their institution. Today, I will say this much, even before Francis (a Pope I also like, but look there are things he won't change now I don't know whether it's because he wants to and even a Pope can't change the steering of the Titanic alone) ... they were often good voices in this country for defending the rights of immigrants. If only because most of them coming from Latin American countries were Catholic. (Something that's changing there.)

As far as Orthodoxy goes, well all I will say is the Russian Orthodox patriarch Kirill is a douchebag. Now the thing about Eastern Orthodoxy is they never went full top down hierarchy. They have no top level Pope, just a bunch of regional and national patriarchs. Obviously, Ukrainian Orthodox patriarchs and Russian Orthodox patriarchs are saying different things - but Msr. Kirill said Ukraine "deserved" to be invaded and occupied because, well, they held LGBTQ Pride events.... he was the one who said that, and, well, F him.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:37 am MHO: first person to make the argument for "works not faith" was probably James the Just, Jesus' brother, and probably the leader of what Eisenman and others call "The Jerusalem Church" though I would really just call it a "community". Of course, James' position is closer to the original Jewish view. Even today, the most ultra-Orthodox are more concerned with Orthodoxy of action (following the commandments) than Orthodoxy of belief (though I'm not affiliated with those guys). This agnostic thinks humans wrote the Torah as well as anything else, humans devised the rules for their community 3000 years ago, and no, I'm going to go ahead and eat bacon and shellfish. For sure, I'm not gonna put to death people who wear mixed fabrics. :D The commandments about treating your fellow man fairly, justly, and honestly were the ones emphasized by the Prophets, who BTW kinda before that Jesus feller were saying "the law was made for man, not man for the law".

I really like this Hillel feller who said "the heart of the Torah is to love thy neighbor as thyself; the rest is commentary". (Then Rabbi Jesus, who appears to have been a follower of his liberal sect of Pharisaism, said it).

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... rsion=NKJV

I think James was probably the central figure for this early sect of Christianity Biblical historians call the Ebionites. The weird thing is who would have known Jesus' actual teachings better -- his own brother, or some outsider named "Better Call Saul" from Tarsus who never knew him? But we know the deal, the Paulines became the dominant faction, and the Ebionites became declared the heretics.

Martin Luther started out as a philosemite. He thought if he fixed and removed the "errors" of the Catholic Church, the Jews would no longer have the barriers he thought kept them from converting. But when they didn't follow suit, yeah, he became a nasty antisemite.

As for the Catholic Church during the Holocaust - so much could be said on it - there were priests who resisted, the movie Amen is about one -- but generally without the support of their institution. Today, I will say this much, even before Francis (a Pope I also like, but look there are things he won't change now I don't know whether it's because he wants to and even a Pope can't change the steering of the Titanic alone) ... they were often good voices in this country for defending the rights of immigrants. If only because most of them coming from Latin American countries were Catholic. (Something that's changing there.)

As far as Orthodoxy goes, well all I will say is the Russian Orthodox patriarch Kirill is a douchebag. Now the thing about Eastern Orthodoxy is they never went full top down hierarchy. They have no top level Pope, just a bunch of regional and national patriarchs. Obviously, Ukrainian Orthodox patriarchs and Russian Orthodox patriarchs are saying different things - but Msr. Kirill said Ukraine "deserved" to be invaded and occupied because, well, they held LGBTQ Pride events.... he was the one who said that, and, well, F him.
Patriarch Kirill has always struck me as a miserable ol’ bigot.

Lol he’s gonna be doubly miserable today, because today is Kharkiv Pride.

So tired of these colonizers.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:33 pm To be fair, Glenn really hasn't presented himself as much of a Christian.
It's plain as day what kind of Christian he is.

Stan Van Gundy
@realStanVG

Quick question for the conservative Christians — who better fit your vision of Jesus, Ron DeSantis who used 50 migrants as pawns to make a political point or the people of Marta’s Vineyard who welcomed them, fed them, clothed them and gave them shelter?

https://twitter.com/realStanVG/status/1 ... 6354697218

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:07 am Taryn Fenske, DeSantis’ communications director, ...
Hey, what happened to foreign agent girl Christina Pushaw? Did she get canned or quit?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 am I support Florida and Texas relocating illegal aliens to sanctuary cities.
We want migrants and immigrants to come here and thrive.

You conservatve colonizers want migrants and immigrants used as sticks to beat liberals. Or simply eliminated.

Activist group helps Venezuelan migrants flown to Sacramento - CBS News
Venezuelan migrants who took flights from Texas to Sacramento in the last two days said they had no choice in where they ended up, according to an activist group helping them.

It's also unclear who paid for their flights. It's the latest development in the shuffling of asylum seekers from the U.S. border to blue states.

A grassroots organization that supports migrants called NorCal Resist shared a photo of newly arrived migrants on its Facebook page. It showed the migrants helping the group distribute food and goods at their monthly distribution in Sacramento.

Two other migrants helped the group deliver a couch to newly settled Syrian immigrants.

Their journey to Northern California has been confusing and tiring, according to volunteer Autumn Gonzalez.

"The first was a group of three, and when we met them they had just gotten to the food bank. They walked from Sacramento International Airport into town, which is about a 20 mile walk on I-5, so pretty dangerous," she said. "And they were given shoes and something to eat. And then we picked up them up, and basically they were exhausted."

Gonzalez said two groups landed at the Sacramento International Airport after getting released for a detention center in Laredo, Texas. They were given detention papers that sent them to what was supposed to be a shelter, but turned out to be an office building for Catholic Charities of California.

"Luckily, the security guard there has been very nice and points them to the food bank. But the second group that came in on the evening flight, obviously the food bank is not open 24/7, so it was closed at that time and they ended up sleeping in a park," said Gonzalez. "And we met them the next day when they got to the food bank and again, we put them in a hotel"

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Lawyers for Martha's Vineyard migrants urge Feds to open criminal probe - Axios

Don't believe conservatives when they tell you the migrants are grateful for this atrocious treatment by white-sovereignty state regimes.
Lawyers representing around 30 immigrants recently flown to Martha's Vineyard from Texas asked the Massachusetts attorney general and the federal government in letters Saturday to open criminal investigations into what they described as a "political stunt."

Why it matters: The lawyers said their clients "were induced to board airplanes and cross state lines under false pretenses," including promises of working opportunities, schooling for their children and immigration assistance, by people working with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

• Nearly 50 Venezuelan migrants in total were dropped off in Martha’s Vineyard, a Massachusetts island, and have since been relocated to Joint Base Cape Cod, which had vacant housing and access to social services.

• Thirty of those immigrants are being represented by attorneys from Lawyers for Civil Rights, a Boston-based organization that provides free legal support for communities of color and immigrants across Massachusetts.
Oh my goodness Axios! You're going to trigger the conservative whites by printing those two horrid words "civil rights"!

More seriously, I do not consider this to be a mere political stunt. This is the next phase of our sh#tty immigration policies. It's not been very popular to say here, but Obama continued them, Trump ramped them up, and Biden kept some of the worst of Trump's, such as Stephen Miller's Title 42 which thanks to a ton of concerted efforts of pro-migrant activism, is set to be rescinded - US News.

ICE Is Trash was a lot bigger in RFL 1.0, but there is plenty in this thread that chronicles this country's recent, devastating immigration policies.

So more than being just a political stunt, the population transfers happening here are the next level and a logical extension of what we've already been doing.

And...interestingly but not surprisingly, none of the conservatives around here had any problem with the worst of the Obama and Trump immigration policies. As much as they hate Obama, we could hear crickets from them on the worst of his immigration policies, because they agreed with it. None of their anti-Biden whining, Bidenflation, Brandon, etc. ever ever touched on things like the continuation of Title 42. And it never will, either.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Even CNN gets it.

The relocation of migrants by Republican governors recalls painful memories of the ‘Reverse Freedom Rides’
Reverse Freedom Rides conceived by segregationists

The Reverse Freedom Rides were conceived by the White Citizens’ Council, at one point “the most powerful political force organized in opposition to racial integration,” historian Clive Webb, a professor at the University of Sussex in England, wrote in an academic article on the Reverse Freedom Rides published in 2004.

The rides, Webb wrote, were used to restore some of the political power of the White Citizens’ Council and were formed in part as a reaction to White businessmen, civic leaders and parents who saw total opposition to desegregation would harm their communities.

The strategy of the White Citizens’ Council was to use the Reverse Freedom Rides “as a public relations exercise that would at once politically embarrass their Northern liberal critics and thereby reestablish their support among white Southerners.” Northern politicians and newspapers condemned the rides, calling them cruel and inhumane.

White Citizens’ Council members in New Orleans and Little Rock, Arkansas, were instrumental in organizing the rides, according to the article. The campaign was first launched by George Singelmann, who recruited Black families through advertisements promising “Free Transportation plus $5.00 for Expenses to any Negro Man or Woman, or Family (no limit to size) who desire to migrate to the Nation’s Capital, or any city in the north of their choosing,” Webb wrote, citing one of the advertisements.

Members of the White Citizens’ Council also recruited at prisons and advertised their “services” to the NAACP. The group made promises of helping Black families find jobs and, in other cases, guaranteed jobs awaited them in their new cities, according to Webb’s research.

The White Citizens’ Council campaign continued until 1963 after support dwindled and funding was exhausted, according to the article.

“The cruelest aspect of the Citizens’ Council campaign is that it undermined the only means by which some impoverished African Americans could withstand the oppressiveness of their lives, a sense of hope,” Webb concluded.
One thing I do not see in these articles on the reverse Freedom Rides is the Richard B. Russell proposal to "relocate negroes to the north," something I keep bringing up in this thread. As it turns out, homeboy tried this three times, at least - once in 1948, again in 1959, and then in 1964.

Richard B. Russell is also a person who has a Senate building named after him, as well as dams, lakes, streets, highways, airports, libraries, endowed chairs at universities...

So yes, tell me again how pointing out and criticizing these policies is "racist," yet the actual racists having buildings, dams, highways, etc. still named for them is just fine. :roll: :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

The smoking gun in Martha's Vineyard - Judd Legum
Popular Information has obtained documentary evidence that migrants from Venezuela were provided with false information to convince them to board flights chartered by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R). The documents suggest that the flights were not just a callous political stunt but potentially a crime.

Last Wednesday, two planes landed in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, and dropped off about 50 migrants from Venezuela. DeSantis quickly took credit. The migrants were used as political pawns in the hopes of provoking a negative reaction from a liberal community.

"When people are brought to their front door, they go berserk," DeSantis said. "Their virtue signaling is a fraud." But the people in Martha's Vineyard did not go berserk. Instead, they rallied together to provide shelter, food, clothing, and other necessities for the group. On Friday, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker (R) facilitated their voluntary relocation to Joint Base Cape Cod, which is "a safe temporary accommodation appropriate for the specific needs of families and individuals."

The charter flights appear to be inspired by a Tucker Carlson monologue from July 26, in which the notoriously xenophobic host suggested sending migrants to Martha's Vineyard in "huge numbers."

DeSantis reportedly sent a videographer along for the ride, and Fox News obtained "exclusive footage of the migrants’ arrival."
And yet, they didn't tell anyone in the Vineyard people were coming there.
In the aftermath of the flights, a key issue of contention is whether the migrants boarded the flights freely and voluntarily. While DeSantis and his administration repeatedly referred to the migrants as "illegal immigrants," the migrants surrendered to immigration officials after crossing the border into Texas. They are now seeking asylum from the repressive authoritarian regime in Venezuela. The migrants are legally permitted to remain in the United States while their cases are being considered by immigration courts.
So these migrants are able to voluntarily travel within the United States. But many of the migrants told reporters that they were misled about the nature of the flights. Several migrants told NPR they were told the flight was going to Boston, not Martha's Vineyard. According to the migrants, a woman who identified herself as Perla also said that, if they traveled to Boston, they could receive "expedited work papers."

The allegation that the migrants were misled is legally significant. It would mean that the flights were not just heartless, but potentially criminal. If the migrants were misled, the scheme to transport them to Martha's Vineyard could constitute fraud, false imprisonment, or kidnapping. "There is absolutely the possibility of both civil and criminal liability if people were lied to about where they were going [or] what they were going to get when they got there," lawyer Susan Church told Politico.
Popular Information, however, has obtained a brochure that was provided to the migrants who ultimately agreed to the flights. It was provided to Popular Information by Lawyers for Civil Rights (LCR), a Boston-based legal organization that represents 30 of the migrants. The brochure says that migrants who arrive in Massachusetts will be eligible for numerous benefits, including "8 months cash assistance," "assistance with housing," "food," "clothing," "transportation to job interviews," "job training," "job placement," "registering children for school," "assistance applying for Social Security cards," and many other benefits.

None of this, however, is true.

Haha I love Judd Legum and his receipts.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

That "brochure" is a fake document with tons of bogus promises (40 Acres and a Mule?), but it obviously took a lot of pre-planning to create and print. This was not done on a whim.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Drak

Post by Drak »

There certainly seems to have been some crimes committed here.n
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 am I support Florida and Texas relocating illegal aliens to sanctuary cities.
White supremacist grifting.

You guys can't do anything without corrupt big-government propping you up.

Federal covid aid enabled Florida to pay for migrant flights
- WP
The state budget, signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis earlier this year, took advantage of what some critics describe as a stimulus loophole —- prompting renewed calls for a federal probe

To set up the program, DeSantis took advantage of the fine print in the American Rescue Plan, a roughly $1.9 trillion stimulus law adopted by Congress at President Biden’s request last year. The measure, supported by Democrats over unanimous GOP opposition, included about $350 billion for cities and states to boost their economies and respond to the public health crisis.

The funds came with few restrictions, but the U.S. government imposed virtually no rules on the interest generated on that money while it remained unspent. In Florida, the opening allowed local lawmakers to approve a spending blueprint that redirected money “from the interest earnings associated” with its federal stimulus allotment toward DeSantis’s immigration policies, sparking a broad outcry and renewed calls for a federal investigation.

The situation marked the latest instance in which federal coronavirus aid appeared to enable Republicans’ immigration crackdowns — a far cry from what congressional lawmakers had envisioned when they reserved stimulus money for the states.

Earlier this year, Texas officials took advantage of a separate, yet related, federal pandemic program to free up money for Operation Lone Star, an effort to police the U.S.-Mexican border. Texas similarly has sent migrants to Democratic-led communities, most recently dispatching two buses to the Naval Observatory — the Washington, D.C., home of Vice President Harris — on Thursday.
Anti-mask, anti-vaxx, but feeding at the COVID-funds trough just like good conservative grifters.
In Florida, Taryn Fenske, a spokeswoman for DeSantis, confirmed in a statement that the state sent two planes of migrants to Martha’s Vineyard, adding that other states, including Massachusetts, New York and California, would “better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration.”

But the governor’s office otherwise did not respond to multiple questions about the source of the funds or whether the $12 million in interest on covid aid had been used for the flights to Martha’s Vineyard. Instead, Fenske added that the legislature had appropriated money to implement the program “consistent with federal law.”
These people are perverts.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:40 am Let’s review. You’re a dehumanizing bigot.
I see the bigot used the phrase again, illegal aliens.

That was 4 days ago, I sure hope he has been told to stop.

Stupid ass doesnt realize, or worse he does, that using negative connotations like that about children and Women can get them killed.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:23 pm I see the bigot used the phrase again, illegal aliens.

That was 4 days ago, I sure hope he has been told to stop.

Stupid ass doesnt realize, or worse he does, that using negative connotations like that about children and Women can get them killed.
That's what a lot of this is about, culturally: ramping up as much anti-immigrant violence as possible.

It's directly related to these human traffickers' anti-LGBTQ and anti-CRT laws. Those are also meant to stoke extremist violence against anyone perceived to be not-hetero and not-white.

It's why IMO the human traffickers sent migrants to Kamala Harris' house. 1st generation immigrant, and visibly of African descent.

Every time Glennfs uses that term, I am going to call him a human trafficker, because that's what his background is, already.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

The callers to Randi today were laughing at the children being left on the street.

I promise you those callers call themselves xtians.

While Jesus wasnt the son of some invisible man in the sky, he was a pretty good guy and would wear himself OUT slapping the shit out of you cons if he were to ever return.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pm The callers to Randi today were laughing at the children being left on the street.

I promise you those callers call themselves xtians.

While Jesus wasnt the son of some invisible man in the sky, he was a pretty good guy and would wear himself OUT slapping the shit out of you cons if he were to ever return.
This is the same level of moral depravity conservative whites showed during segregation, not to mention during "The Chinese Must GO" and slavery before that.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Motor City »

bradman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:27 pm [bold]Faith without deeds is a dead faith. 8-)
yea faith in democracy and justice are important and necessary but also the functions that democracy and justice itself play in freedom and tranquility and peace. Look what happened to those things when George Floyd was murdered, also what citizens united and money have done to elections and elective office.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Same strange flight charter company in Destin, FL. (Oddly, appears to be the only one in FL, possibly the US, with ties to Russia).

Same mysterious "Perla" approaching migrants. With fraudulent documents and promises/offers.

Yet DePutin and/or Abbott seems to have pulled out on these flights.

Everybody was expecting these charter flights to arrive in DE. ... seems the nearest destination was the POTUS' vacation house.

Then ... cancelled. Feeling the heat? "Perla" (who never gives her real name) seeking for cover? That flight arrived in Nashville instead ... no migrants onboard.

Delaware braces for migrant flight in U.S. political standoff
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/white- ... 022-09-20/

GEORGETOWN, Del., Sept 20 (Reuters) - Local government officials, advocates and reporters swarmed a small coastal airport near President Joe Biden's vacation home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, on Tuesday in anticipation of a possible flight carrying migrants from Texas.

Flight tracking websites showed a scheduled flight set to leave San Antonio, Texas, heading to Georgetown, Delaware, on Tuesday chartered by the same company that was used by Florida's Republican governor Ron DeSantis to send migrants to the wealthy island of Martha's Vineyard last week.

But later in the day, the flight trackers showed the plane no longer going to San Antonio or Georgetown, and instead heading to Nashville. It was unclear what had caused the route change or if there were migrants on board.

DeSantis previously took credit for a pair of planes that dropped off nearly 50 migrants, mostly from Venezuela, on the island in Massachusetts with no warning and said he planned additional actions. But on Tuesday, he would not confirm any information about a possible flight to Delaware.

[snip]

Asked at the White House about his reaction to the possibility of DeSantis sending migrants near his Delaware beach house, Biden - a Democrat - told reporters the Florida governor "should come visit. We have a beautiful shoreline." The White House said it would work with state and local authorities to help migrants if they arrived, while condemning the incident as a "political stunt."

DeSantis, who is up for re-election in November and seen as a possible presidential contender in 2024, joined Republican governors from Texas and Arizona in sending migrants to Democratic-controlled cities, in an effort to criticize the Biden administration's handling of the U.S.-Mexico border where there have been a record number of crossings.

[snip]

Texas, which has sent more than 11,000 migrants to Washington D.C., New York City and Chicago since April, stepped up its campaign in recent days, dropping migrants off near the official residence of Vice President Kamala Harris in Washington.

The scramble in Delaware came just a day after the county sheriff in San Antonio opened a criminal investigation into the flights to Martha's Vineyard. Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said on Monday that 48 migrants were "lured under false pretenses" to the island for "a photo opp." Migrants said they were recruited on the streets of San Antonio by a woman named Perla and promised jobs and housing, but were given no indication they were headed to a small island. read more

Lawyers representing the migrants said on Tuesday they filed a class action lawsuit against Florida over the flights in a federal court in Massachusetts.

In the 7,000-person town in Georgetown on Tuesday, patrons at the airport restaurant weighed in on the Republican efforts to ship migrants around the country.

Wyatt Wiggins, a 40-year-old co-owner of a local company that rents construction equipment, said he supports former President Donald Trump's immigration policies, including the effort to build a wall between the United States and Mexico, but opposes flying migrants to send a political message.

"Using people as pawns to get a political point across is not a very good representation of our country," he said.

[snip][end]

If even a MAGA Build the Wall supporter can see this ... I hope others can.

I also hope "Perla" gets identified. IMHO, there is a case here for her being used by Abbott and/or deSantis for intentional fraud.