Human Trafficking?

News and events of the day
ProfX

Re: Human Trafficking?

Post by ProfX »

Elian was given back to his father in Cuba, who he had been kidnapped from by his mother, who died on a sinking boat. I was here for the whole thing, I watched it go down, I saw the protests (some I would call "riots" BTW). Too late. Can't give him to anybody, he's an adult now. Ya know, in child abduction cases, we tend to give the abducted child back to the custodial parent (that might normally be the mother, but she died).

He's had a nice life there I understand, became an engineer, has a wife and kids, seems quite happy. (No, I'm not a fan of Cuba's government, I support the Patria y Vida movement, but just saying.)

If for some reason he fled to the U.S. as an adult, I hope he'd be treated better than these Venezuelans.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Fraudulent paperwork ... none of these people lived in a shelter in Tacoma, WA.

Fraudulent statements ... he told them he was flying them to Boston where they could get some assistance there ... no, it was Martha's Vineyard, and once they were deplaned ... no information, no help, nothing ... (except I think he made sure cameras would be there) ...

And the thing is, yes, it chaps my butt, but he is carrying out a legislature-approved program:

Yes, Florida allocated $12 million to transport migrants out of the state
Florida’s Freedom First Budget included $12 million for a program to “transport unauthorized aliens” out of the state, including locations such as Martha’s Vineyard.
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/verif ... a009d9d2f5

In June 2022, DeSantis signed the 2022-2023 Freedom First Budget, totaling $109.9 billion. That budget allocated $12 million for a “program within the Florida Department of Transportation (DOT) to transport unauthorized aliens” out of the state. :|

A handout from the governor’s office sent to VERIFY sister station WTSP says the $12 million for that program is allocated to “facilitate the transport of illegal aliens to Martha’s Vineyard and other sanctuary states.” DeSantis began proposing that Florida send migrants to the Vineyard and other locations as early as April 2022.

“The legislature gave me $12 million. We’re going to spend every penny of that to make sure that we’re protecting the people of the state of Florida,” DeSantis said during a press conference on Sept. 16.

Taryn Fenske, DeSantis’ communications director, confirmed the two planes that landed in Martha’s Vineyard “were part of the state’s relocation program to transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations.”

[snip]

Records show that the state DOT paid $615,000 to Vertol Systems Company, Inc., an aviation company based in Oregon and operating in Destin, Florida, on Sept. 8 for the state’s “relocation program of unauthorized aliens.” The payment was made nearly a week before the planes arrived at Martha’s Vineyard.

[snip][end]

So don't focus all your anger on dePutin. The legislators who approved this program ...

But ... uh ... I got just one question. Since these migrants arrived in Texas on foot, even IF presuming they represented some form of "threat," how are they a threat to the people of FLORIDA?

Florida has no land border with Mexico. We get refugees - Cuban, Venezuelan, Haitian - but mostly by boat. And the Cuban Adjustment Act, though amended, is supposed to protect Cubans if they make it to land in the state. "Dry foot". They get automatic asylum, they don't even have to request it.

So which is it Guv? Are you for or against protecting refugees from communism in FL?
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 am I support Florida and Texas relocating illegal aliens to sanctuary cities.
First, they aren't illegal.

Second, if they were illegal, why wouldn't you deport them?

I guess you don't believe in the rule of law.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:44 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli%C3%A1n_Gonz%C3%A1lez

To all you "outraged" liberals I give you Elien Gonzales.
Why just him? What about all the "dreamers" that you want deported?

Talk about contradiction!
Drak

Post by Drak »

gounion wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:10 am First, they aren't illegal.

Second, if they were illegal, why wouldn't you deport them?

I guess you don't believe in the rule of law.
Crimes against humanity to own the libs?
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Here's who dePutin was "protecting" Florida from. :|

Obviously, a terrorist toddler. :| Protector of children, there, Guv?

Kudos to the people of MV, who though not even told these refugees were coming, stepped up and helped them get water, food, clothing, and shelter anyway.
Drak

Post by Drak »

18 USC 1201
Whoever unlawfully seizes, confines, INVEIGLES, DECOYS, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person, except in the case of a minor by the parent thereof, when-
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201
inveigle
[ in-vey-guhl, -vee- ]

See synonyms for: inveigle / inveigled / inveigling / inveiglement on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object), in·vei·gled, in·vei·gling.
to entice, lure, or ensnare by flattery or artful talk or inducements (usually followed by into):
to inveigle a person into playing bridge.
to acquire, win, or obtain by beguiling talk or methods (usually followed by from or away):
to inveigle a theater pass from a person.
How many counts would that be? 50?

Furthermore, according to Glenn, these people are “illegals.” Then that means DeSantis has committed more crimes.

Under 8 U.S. Code § 1324

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:44 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli%C3%A1n_Gonz%C3%A1lez

:? Hi, Mister Apples/Oranges.

Reminder: you guys have a very long, very violent history of forced population transfer.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

JFK Library
@JFKLibrary

To embarrass Northern liberals and humiliate Black people, southern White Citizens Councils started their so-called "Reverse Freedom Rides," giving Black people one-way tickets to northern cities with false promises of jobs, housing, and better lives.

https://jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer/a

https://mobile.twitter.com/JFKLibrary/s ... 7134529536

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Human trafficking is not a new thing for conservative whites. You guys came here doing it.

JFK Library
@JFKLibrary

The Kennedy White House received mail from leaders in the targeted states, asking the federal government to intervene in the “cruel merciless hoax” and “their traffic in human lives and misery.”

https://jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer/arc ... -004-p0029

https://mobile.twitter.com/JFKLibrary/s ... 3321148416

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Elian Gonzales, one person, was not sent to Cuba for anywhere near the same reasons as what you guys are doing to Venezuelan migrants.

The only purpose of this population transfer is to humiliate migrants and punish perceived liberals for nonconformity with white conservatism. That's why it's being compared to earlier White Citizen's Council actions, in which you guys used the exact same language and rhetoric.

At the same time, conservative whites have been the ones to implement human trafficking as public policy, first through your international and domestic slave trades. Also Indian Wars and Indian Removal throughout the 19th century, and race riots throughout the 20th.

Then you get all the conservative white male perverts like the Family Research Council, Matt Goetz, Donald Trump, and the rest of the misery-makers.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:25 am Here's who dePutin was "protecting" Florida from. :|

Obviously, a terrorist toddler. :| Protector of children, there, Guv?

Kudos to the people of MV, who though not even told these refugees were coming, stepped up and helped them get water, food, clothing, and shelter anyway.
Immigrants and migrants are not even people to these conservative whites.

Immigrant and migrant children are not children, to them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

First this:
Glennfs wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:08 pm Can you admit that inspite of our flaws there has never been a better time or a better place for minorities to live.

Then this:
Glennfs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 am I support Florida and Texas relocating illegal aliens to sanctuary cities.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

I' m still curious if glenn thinks - using his term - "illegal aliens" from Cuba & Venezuela arriving to Florida, usually by boat - should also be sent away to other cities and states.

I'm not gonna ask about the Haitian refugees. We know their asylum requests are often turned down. And I prolly wouldn't want to know the answer.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Aviation Company Awarded Florida Migrant Contract Purchased Helicopters from Russian Government - Forensic News
An aviation company awarded a $615,000 contract by the Florida Department of Transportation for the relocation of migrants purchased aircraft parts in 2018 from a Russian government entity recently sanctioned by the U.S. for its material support to the Russian military.

Forensic News reviewed corporate and shipping records to confirm the transactions.

The move to relocate dozens of migrants seeking asylum to Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts made by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis captured the nation’s attention and drew sharp criticism from civil rights groups, among others.

On September 8th, the Florida Department of Transportation awarded a contract for the migrant relocation program to Vertol Systems Company Inc (VSC), an aviation company based in Destin, Florida. One week later, on Wednesday, private flights took approximately 48 Venezuelan asylum-seekers from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard.

James Montgomerie VSC in 1996 in Oregon, but corporate documents show that it became a Florida corporation in late 2021.
More in ilnk.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:49 am I' m still curious if glenn thinks - using his term - "illegal aliens" from Cuba & Venezuela arriving to Florida, usually by boat - should also be sent away to other cities and states.

I'm not gonna ask about the Haitian refugees. We know their asylum requests are often turned down. And I prolly wouldn't want to know the answer.
When it comes to so-called minorities, the most complex distinction people like that are capable of making are between the good ones and the bad ones.

And the good ones are extremely few and far between.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Motor City »

Migrants flown to Martha's Vineyard speak out
Carlos Muños said he journeyed from Venezuela to give his four-year-old son the things he didn't have — a meaningful education, the freedom to express his opinions without fear of persecution, a job where he can earn enough money to afford food.

Muños, who was studying electrical engineering before Venezuela's economic collapse halted his studies, said he wants to go back to school and dreams that his son will also go to college some day.

“I want peace,” he said. “Tranquility.”

Muños is among a group of migrants, mostly from Venezuela, who arrived unexpectedly in Martha's Vineyard after DeSantis chartered two flights.
The same country that devastates Venezuela with economic sanctions for self serving reasons, compelling migration in the hopes of a better life, is for masses of Americans and immigrants a place where nothing ever gets better and things like education, work experience only can count against and never in favor of. A place where authorities selfishly and brutally attack and murder the vulnerable, elections are all determined by money games. A place where mass shootings happen everyday and masses of peoples mental health are affected by the untreated mental health woes of the wealthy and powerful executives and managers. American Democracy, Justice, Freedom, Peace Tranquility without works is dead.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Motor City wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:53 pm Migrants flown to Martha's Vineyard speak out

The same country that devastates Venezuela with economic sanctions for self serving reasons, compelling migration in the hopes of a better life, is for masses of Americans and immigrants a place where nothing ever gets better and things like education, work experience only can count against and never in favor of. A place where authorities selfishly and brutally attack and murder the vulnerable, elections are all determined by money games. A place where mass shootings happen everyday and masses of peoples mental health are affected by the untreated mental health woes of the wealthy and powerful executives and managers. American Democracy, Justice, Freedom, Peace Tranquility without works is dead.
^^^^^ +++++

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Motor City wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:53 pm Migrants flown to Martha's Vineyard speak out

[bold]Faith without deeds is a dead faith. 8-)
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:27 pm [bold]Faith without deeds is a dead faith. 8-)
First thing I thought of, too. Caught that!

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:38 pm First thing I thought of, too. Caught that!
Martin Luther, given all his qualities, fucked that one up.

Faith and faith alone is a fucked up concept.

But then given what the Catholics were doing......meh........
Last edited by bradman on Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Too many conservative perverts.

Gaetz sought pardon related to Justice Department sex trafficking probe - WP
Testimony by a former White House aide is the first indication the congressman sought protection from the inquiry

Congressman Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) told a former White House aide that he was seeking a preemptive pardon from President Donald Trump regarding an investigation in which he is a target, according to testimony given to the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Johnny McEntee, according to people familiar with his testimony, told investigators that Gaetz told him during a brief meeting “that they are launching an investigation into him or that there’s an investigation into him,” without specifying who was investigating Gaetz.

McEntee added that Gaetz told him “he did not do anything wrong but they are trying to make his life hell, and you know, if the president could give him a pardon, that would be great.” Gaetz told McEntee that he had asked White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows for a pardon.

Asked by investigators if Gaetz’s request for a pardon was in the context of the Justice Department investigation into whether Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws, McEntee replied, “I think that was the context, yes,” according to people familiar with the testimony who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

The testimony is the first indication that Gaetz was specifically seeking a pardon for his own exposure related to the Justice Department inquiry into whether he violated sex trafficking laws. His public posture in the final months of the Trump administration was much less specific, repeatedly calling for broad preemptive pardons to fend off possible Democratic investigations.
Corrupt, perverted, conservative politicians for corrupt, perverted, conservative constituents.

:problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:41 pm Martin Luther, given all his qualities, fucked that one up.

Faith and faith alone is a fucked up concept.
Yeah he was a terrible person, though there were a couple things he got right. Sola Fide is not one of them, no.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 pm Yeah he was a terrible person, though there were a couple things he got right. Sola Fide is not one of them, no.
Had to look up Sola Fide.

Apparently, we may somewhat be on the same page.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:18 pm Had to look up Sola Fide.

Apparently, we may somewhat be on the same page.
Yeah, I don't like being a product of that person, but factually, I am. Meh, anyone who grew up Protestant is. Only thing I can do now is not perpetuate it.

~ Ida B. Wells