US soccer legend Carli Lloyd plays her last game

Football, Baseball, Curling... All the Important Ones!
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Best wishes to you Carli

U.S. Women’s National Team legend Carli Lloyd finished her career Tuesday night in a 6-0 victory over South Korea.

"It's been emotional. But there's just a sense of peace and contentment that I feel -- it's just joy and happiness," Lloyd said, per The Associated Press (AP). "It's been an amazing journey and I gave it all I had, and now I can walk away into the next chapter."

https://thehill.com/changing-america/en ... -last-game
Bludogdem

Re: US soccer legend Carli Lloyd plays her last game

Post by Bludogdem »

ap215 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 am Best wishes to you Carli

U.S. Women’s National Team legend Carli Lloyd finished her career Tuesday night in a 6-0 victory over South Korea.

"It's been emotional. But there's just a sense of peace and contentment that I feel -- it's just joy and happiness," Lloyd said, per The Associated Press (AP). "It's been an amazing journey and I gave it all I had, and now I can walk away into the next chapter."

https://thehill.com/changing-america/en ... -last-game

Legendary player. Long , long career.

Interesting that they played South Korea last week to a nil- nil tie. In that game South Korea packed 11 in the box to keep them from scoring. I wonder if this game South Korea played an open game to honor Lloyd.
Number6

Re: US soccer legend Carli Lloyd plays her last game

Post by Number6 »

There are few athletes who can still play the most strenuous sport, soccer, at age 39. It speaks volumes as to her conditioning and her love for the game. She'll truly be in her sport's Hall of Fame.
When you vote left, you vote right.