Board Mission Statement and Rules

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: Board Mission Statement and Rules

Post by JoeMemphis »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:05 pm :shock: :o :?

What a bunch of nutty, I never got along with Ike.
Oh come on Sam. Ike was all your fault. Don't you remember? :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's just like you don't remember all those people you ran off from the board. Hundreds of em. It's that abrasive personality of yours. Or it could be that you are pretty decent to everyone including conservatives, so you gonna get blamed for all kinds of shit you had nothing to do with. Part of that whole messy sandbox BS theory. :lol: :lol: :lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm Oh come on Sam. Ike was all your fault. Don't you remember? :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's just like you don't remember all those people you ran off from the board. Hundreds of em. It's that abrasive personality of yours. Or it could be that you are pretty decent to everyone including conservatives, so you gonna get blamed for all kinds of shit you had nothing to do with. Part of that whole messy sandbox BS theory. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, we'll see.

And keep pretending how you're not a lying sack of shit who will make up shit about board members and repeat it over and over and over.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:16 pm Yeah, we'll see.

And keep pretending how you're not a lying sack of shit who will make up shit about board members and repeat it over and over and over.
Board members or one board member in particular. Because at the end of the day this is all about you isn't it. You are the victim here after all aren't you. No one disrespected and ignored the spirit of the board rules than you. You ran off more than your share of members. if it's a messy sandbox, its because primarily that's the way you want it. You shit in the sandbox more than any board member, past or present, including Ike.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:29 pm Board members or one board member in particular. Because at the end of the day this is all about you isn't it. You are the victim here after all aren't you. No one disrespected and ignored the spirit of the board rules than you. You ran off more than your share of members. if it's a messy sandbox, its because primarily that's the way you want it. You shit in the sandbox more than any board member, past or present, including Ike.
Man I sure do live in your head, don’t I? Sorry, what you did is on YOU. Don’t blame me for YOUR actions. You’re a fucking conservative, take personal responsibility for your own actions.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:32 pm Man I sure do live in your head, don’t I? Sorry, what you did is on YOU. Don’t blame me for YOUR actions. You’re a fucking conservative, take personal responsibility for your own actions.
No I have enough going on in my head and there is no room for you. I rarely if ever mention you in a thread where you haven't posted but I notice you bring my name up quite a bit. Maybe you should have your head examined.

As far as personal responsibility, perhaps first you should lead by example and then maybe I will pay attention to your lectures on personal responsibility and ethics. Right now its a whole lot like the pot calling the kettle black. You are the pot by the way.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:42 pm No I have enough going on in my head and there is no room for you. I rarely if ever mention you in a thread where you haven't posted but I notice you bring my name up quite a bit. Maybe you should have your head examined.

As far as personal responsibility, perhaps first you should lead by example and then maybe I will pay attention to your lectures on personal responsibility and ethics. Right now its a whole lot like the pot calling the kettle black. You are the pot by the way.
Sorry, I never made lies up about you that you made up about me. Now tell me, who is responsible for those lies?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:45 pm Sorry, I never made lies up about you that you made up about me. Now tell me, who is responsible for those lies?
Well I suppose we are all responsible for the lies we tell. You for yours and me for mine. Stupid question really.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:47 pm Well I suppose we are all responsible for the lies we tell. You for yours and me for mine. Stupid question really.
No it’s not since you blame me for the lies you told.

“I suppose”… :lol: :lol: :lol:

So much for your personal responsibility. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let’s be clear: I never made shit up about you like that. What you did was nasty and underhanded. You gave up your moral superiority long ago. And every time you try to act all superior, I’ll remind you about how low YOU go. You have no right to stand in judgement of anyone.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:47 pm Well I suppose we are all responsible for the lies we tell. You for yours and me for mine. Stupid question really.
All lies matter.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:05 pm :shock: :o :?

What a bunch of nutty, I never got along with Ike.
That's basically the way i remember it.

And for my call out. Ya, i was about the only one that got along with Ike.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm Oh come on Sam. Ike was all your fault. Don't you remember? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uncivil.

You vote for this.

Sen. Marsha Blackburn
@MarshaBlackburn

Joe Biden wants to make COVID the forever pandemic.

https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/sta ... 5899982866

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:43 am Uncivil.

You vote for this.

Sen. Marsha Blackburn
@MarshaBlackburn

Joe Biden wants to make COVID the forever pandemic.

https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/sta ... 5899982866
Of course it was obvious what the GOP was up to from the start. Attack vaccines. Attack mask wearing. Spread disinformation about Covid. Then blame Joe Biden. The GOP doesn’t give a shit about human life. They kill off their own base to pwn the libs.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:52 am Of course it was obvious what the GOP was up to from the start. Attack vaccines. Attack mask wearing. Spread disinformation about Covid. Then blame Joe Biden. The GOP doesn’t give a shit about human life. They kill off their own base to pwn the libs.
And these clowns bradman and Sam Lefthand think we're supposed to kowtow to these a-holes.

Ain't happenin'.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

bradman wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:59 am That's basically the way i remember it.

And for my call out. Ya, i was about the only one that got along with Ike.
I think where I ran into trouble with Ike was on the first day. He told me he'd been a Marine, and I told him the cannonball joke.

:)

I know where Ike is. He's at that no holds barred political forum. That no rules free for all place where lizard minded people pick the stuffing out of unwary travelers, and if there are too few travelers to feed upon they cannibalize on each other. Tusks and claws... .

https://liberalforum.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1873802
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:40 am I think where I ran into trouble with Ike was on the first day. He told me he'd been a Marine, and I told him the cannonball joke.

I know where Ike is. He's at that no holds barred political forum. That no rules free for all place where lizard minded people pick the stuffing out of unwary travelers, and if there are too few travelers to feed upon they cannibalize on each other. Tusks and claws... .

You sat around and cowered as this person was destroying this board, then you want to lecture the entire board about civility. :?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

sam lefthand wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:40 am I think where I ran into trouble with Ike was on the first day. He told me he'd been a Marine, and I told him the cannonball joke.

i once told him he reminded me of Jeff Dunham's puppet, Walter. He owned it. :)

:shock: https://liberalforum.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1873802 :o Posters should be warned of graphic content before clicking on that link.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:51 am i once told him he reminded me of Jeff Dunham's puppet, Walter. He owned it. :)

:shock: https://liberalforum.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1873802 :o Posters should be warned of graphic content before clicking on that link.
You are known by the company you keep.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Personal observation: I don't think he benefitted from primal therapy. It's sad he considered Art Janov a "mentor". Most of the psychiatric profession considered him a dangerous loon. I know of no Psychology program at any U.S. university where it is taken seriously. Most warn people to avoid it.

I'll leave it at that.

Some people like no holds barred. Personally, I don't think of politics as war or combat. There may be competing ideas, but the goal is not to destroy the people with different ones. Who holds power is a different question. You may have to fight hard - nonviolently, of course.

I think there's one good rule to go by: treat others the way you want to be treated. I not only think it works on boards, it works in the world.

Nuff said.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

bradman wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:51 am i once told him he reminded me of Jeff Dunham's puppet, Walter. He owned it. :)

I didn't see graphic content per say there on that page the link will take them to, but I suppose there is graphic content on other pages at that site.

:lol:

What is on that page is fair amount of Ike's vulgar language being applied to others. If folks stick to that page alone and do not click on other links at that site they will undoubtedly survive
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

ProfX wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:19 pm Personal observation: I don't think he benefitted from primal therapy. It's sad he considered Art Janov a "mentor". Most of the psychiatric profession considered him a dangerous loon. I know of no Psychology program at any U.S. university where it is taken seriously. Most warn people to avoid it.

I'll leave it at that.

Some people like no holds barred. Personally, I don't think of politics as war or combat. There may be competing ideas, but the goal is not to destroy the people with different ones. Who holds power is a different question. You may have to fight hard - nonviolently, of course.

I think there's one good rule to go by: treat others the way you want to be treated. I not only think it works on boards, it works in the world.

Nuff said.
You're a good man X.

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:16 pm Here's how I feel: For years, liberals always tried to be "nice". Going by the "golden rule". We've always tried to do the right thing. We've tried to treat the other side with dignity and respect.

The only problem is, it takes BOTH sides to have peace. It only takes one side to make war. And the right has NEVER been interested in any peace at all. And the right would always make fun of the left for being pushovers.

Of course, I don't demand all liberals fight as I do.
I feel the same.

It's always interesting to me that the most passive-aggressive people here are the ones demanding I be "civil" with white supremacists, misogyinists, child rapists, and their own misogynoir. It's from a supremacist mentality that demands compliance with the worst of the worst.

That is never, ever, going to happen.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm It's just like you don't remember all those people you ran off from the board. Hundreds of em.
What's with the lying hyperbole?

What is wrong with you.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:16 pm

In 2003, at a book expo, Bill O'Reily and Al Franken appeared, hawking books that they were releasing, and they appeared on stage together. On the video of it, available here, BillO demands Al to shut up - and Al tells BillO "You can't shut me up, Bill. This isn't your show. We've taken it and taken it and we're not going to take it any more".

This affected me profoundly. And I'm with Franken - this is what conservatives on these message boards WANT - for liberals to be meek and mild and always be nice - because conservatives have no interest in being nice. It's a knife fight (figuratively of course) to them - and if it's a knife fight they want, I'm all in. They demand we play fair, because they have absolutely no intention of playing fair.

I remember that. I am with you but obviously I have been this way for years.

For instance I am guilty of getting DIY advice from someone here, for me to then directly say to them or indirectly that I think they are cooperating with mass killers and are therefore part of the fascist movement, doesn't seem right, so I have tried to avoid it as much as I can. It is hypocritical of me to take their advice then attack them. So I have not asked for any in a while for that reason.

As to the rest of the cons, or the admitted cons, or the real cons, they dont exist to me anymore. I read what you say to them, what CJ and others say but I rarely read what the con said, not anymore. It will almost always be incorrect or a lie.

For years I made over the top comments for two reasons:

1. they were true, I knew what was coming...I feared that if someone like rump ever got power, we would be fucked and I based this on personal experience in real life.

2. Most people were not paying attention it seemed. Including my friends, some of them. They defended me because I am their friend but they would confide in me that they thought i was going too far...But I WASNT! And no, not talking about anyone here, I have a lot of friends IRL and on another much bigger board.
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:42 pm No I have enough going on in my head and there is no room for you. I rarely if ever mention you in a thread where you haven't posted but I notice you bring my name up quite a bit. Maybe you should have your head examined.

This is what's funny. Once again, you blame ME for YOUR actions. "Oh, I don't have any ethics because of YOU!"

And sorry, others have issues with your dishonest posting too. How you say shit like "some folks on the board say" when it's been PROVEN to you FACTUALLY.

No, you need to look in the mirror, Bub. Your problems are of your own making. What you did to me wasn't in response to ANYTHING I did to you - because I never made shit up about you. But when I revealed information on my retirement, you decided to make shit up to try to use it as a cudgel against me. It didn't bother you morally or ethically. You don't have either.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:44 pm You're a good man X.

You, also, are known by the company you keep.

~ Ida B. Wells