Proposal that would restrict transgender students' rights lacks support in Alaska Senate

News and events of the day
Libertas

Proposal that would restrict transgender students' rights lacks support in Alaska Senate

Post by Libertas »

A day after Gov. Mike Dunleavy proposed legislation that would restrict the rights of transgender public school students and limit access to sex-education classes, leading members of the Alaska Senate said the governor’s bill will be heard in committee but appears to lack the support necessary to become law.

Members of the House’s Republican-led coalition majority said they support the ideas behind the legislation – which Dunleavy said would uphold parents’ rights – while lawmakers in the predominantly Democratic minority caucus said they would oppose it. Dunleavy is a Republican.

In the Senate, the governor’s proposal is known as Senate Bill 96 and has been referred to the judiciary committee, headed by Sen. Matt Claman, D-Anchorage.

Claman said he hasn’t yet studied the bill in depth, but he believes his district supports LGBTQ rights. At the same time, he said, “part of my job is to get along with the governor. That doesn’t mean I pass any bill he proposes, but at least I need to keep that in the equation about whether to hear the bill.”

https://www.newsfromthestates.com/artic ... ska-senate

All of a sudden the link isnt working, but it appears there is not enough HATE, yet, in Alaska to attack Trans kids. Cons on this board will be disappointed.
I sigh in your general direction.