The Bull(sh*t) Durham Report

News and events of the day
ProfX

The Bull(sh*t) Durham Report

Post by ProfX »

I have no idea why the Durham fishing expedition hasn't been shut down.

Hillary Clinton campaign lawyer charged by John Durham wants indictment dismissed
https://www.al.com/news/2022/02/hillary ... issed.html

A lawyer for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign who was charged by special counsel John Durham with lying to the FBI during a 2016 meeting asked a judge on Thursday to dismiss the indictment, calling it a case of “extraordinary prosecutorial overreach.”

Lawyers for Michael Sussmann said that if the indictment were allowed to proceed, it would “risk criminalizing ordinary conduct, raise First Amendment concerns, dissuade honest citizens from coming forward with tips, and chill the advocacy of lawyers who interact with the government.”

[snip]

Sussmann’s lawyers say he did not lie, but even if he misled the FBI, there is no evidence that the false statement he’s alleged to have made is material to the case or affected the bureau decision to investigate any potential connection between Trump and Alfa Bank. They say allowing the indictment to stand would mean that people could be prosecuted for giving an accurate tip to law enforcement if they weren’t upfront about their motivation for doing so.

[snip]

The motion to dismiss comes just days after a filing by Durham that created an uproar and was mischaracterized in some media reports — and by Trump himself — as having suggested that the former president had been illegally spied on by the Clinton campaign, even though that was not what the document said.

The motion said the company of the tech executive with whom Sussmann had worked, Rodney Joffe, had helped maintain servers for the White House and said he and cybersecurity researchers he was working with had mined internet traffic for the “purpose of gathering derogatory information” about Trump.

A spokesman for Joffe said he was an “apolitical internet security expert” who had never worked for a political party and was operating under a contract to identify potential cyber breaches or threats against the federal government.

During the course of work, according to the spokesman, the researchers identified what they thought were concerning anomalies related to Russian-made phones “in proximity” to the Trump campaign and the White House and prepared a report of their findings that was subsequently shared with the CIA.

The White House data that was analyzed was from the time that Barack Obama, not Trump, was president.

[snip][end]
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
marindem01

Re: The Bull(sh*t) Durham Report

Post by marindem01 »

Fux Snooze is all over the Durham Report, while same time ignoring that HRC is suing Fux for slander.

Go Figure.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bullshit Durham! Clever! I get it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

gounion wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:12 am Bullshit Durham! Clever! I get it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grreat Word Play.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:02 pm I have no idea why the Durham fishing expedition hasn't been shut down.

Hillary Clinton campaign lawyer charged by John Durham wants indictment dismissed
https://www.al.com/news/2022/02/hillary ... issed.html

A lawyer for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign who was charged by special counsel John Durham with lying to the FBI during a 2016 meeting asked a judge on Thursday to dismiss the indictment, calling it a case of “extraordinary prosecutorial overreach.”

Lawyers for Michael Sussmann said that if the indictment were allowed to proceed, it would “risk criminalizing ordinary conduct, raise First Amendment concerns, dissuade honest citizens from coming forward with tips, and chill the advocacy of lawyers who interact with the government.”

[snip]

Sussmann’s lawyers say he did not lie, but even if he misled the FBI, there is no evidence that the false statement he’s alleged to have made is material to the case or affected the bureau decision to investigate any potential connection between Trump and Alfa Bank. They say allowing the indictment to stand would mean that people could be prosecuted for giving an accurate tip to law enforcement if they weren’t upfront about their motivation for doing so.

[snip]

The motion to dismiss comes just days after a filing by Durham that created an uproar and was mischaracterized in some media reports — and by Trump himself — as having suggested that the former president had been illegally spied on by the Clinton campaign, even though that was not what the document said.

The motion said the company of the tech executive with whom Sussmann had worked, Rodney Joffe, had helped maintain servers for the White House and said he and cybersecurity researchers he was working with had mined internet traffic for the “purpose of gathering derogatory information” about Trump.

A spokesman for Joffe said he was an “apolitical internet security expert” who had never worked for a political party and was operating under a contract to identify potential cyber breaches or threats against the federal government.

During the course of work, according to the spokesman, the researchers identified what they thought were concerning anomalies related to Russian-made phones “in proximity” to the Trump campaign and the White House and prepared a report of their findings that was subsequently shared with the CIA.

The White House data that was analyzed was from the time that Barack Obama, not Trump, was president.

[snip][end]
Given the ensuing controversy, shitstorm, wailing and gnashing of teeth that would follow not allowing the special counsel to complete their work, it’s simply not worth it to shut it down.

Plus, AG Garland isn’t operating in the dark.

“ (2) Thereafter, 90 days before the beginning of each fiscal year, the Special Counsel shall report to the Attorney General the status of the investigation, and provide a budget request for the following year. The Attorney General shall determine whether the investigation should continue and, if so, establish the budget for the next year.”

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.8

“ Let me just say first about the money," Garland replied. "We’re now in a new fiscal year, and as everyone knows, Mr. Durham is continuing. So I think you can readily assume that his budget has been approved."

https://www.yahoo.com/video/attorney-ge ... 00429.html

Could be the AG is satisfied the investigation is warranted.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I happen to agree with Ms. McQuade.

From your article:
“It has struck me from the start as a fool’s errand at best and a political task at worst, but to shut it down would give the appearance of political interference that would be unwise,” former U.S. attorney Barbara McQuade was quoted as saying.

Too many people would whine about interference if it were shut down.
On the other hand, Garland would not commit to the Republicans who asked him if he would make Durham's report public. He never said he would. I think that's the correct stance. So far I don't personally think he's found anything all that interesting. Certainly not what certain people were expecting.

So far, it's been underwhelming. Clinesmith altered a federal document, and that's a crime. It can't be excused. I think Sussman did not commit a crime, but I guess if that indictment proceeds, it will be up to a jury.

I know what people wanted him to find. Proof that the Russia influence investigation originated from sinister Clintonian quarters with sinister intent and methods. He won't because it's not there. To his credit, Durham himself stated that certain parties on Faux were altering his own words and work.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

ProfX wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:42 am I happen to agree with Ms. McQuade.

From your article:
“It has struck me from the start as a fool’s errand at best and a political task at worst, but to shut it down would give the appearance of political interference that would be unwise,” former U.S. attorney Barbara McQuade was quoted as saying.

Too many people would whine about interference if it were shut down.
On the other hand, Garland would not commit to the Republicans who asked him if he would make Durham's report public. He never said he would. I think that's the correct stance. So far I don't personally think he's found anything all that interesting. Certainly not what certain people were expecting.

So far, it's been underwhelming. Clinesmith altered a federal document, and that's a crime. It can't be excused. I think Sussman did not commit a crime, but I guess if that indictment proceeds, it will be up to a jury.

I know what people wanted him to find. Proof that the Russia influence investigation originated from sinister Clintonian quarters with sinister intent and methods. He won't because it's not there. To his credit, Durham himself stated that certain parties on Faux were altering his own words and work.
Ms. McQuade Rocks.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann found not guilty of lying to FBI, in blow to Durham investigation
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/31/politics ... index.html

(CNN)Hillary Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann was acquitted Tuesday of lying to the FBI, in the first trial of special counsel John Durham's investigation.

The verdict is a major defeat for Durham and his Justice Department prosecutors, who have spent three years looking for wrongdoing in the Trump-Russia probe. He claimed Sussmann lied during a 2016 meeting in which he passed a tip to the FBI about Donald Trump and Russia.

[snip][end]

Nuff said.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Of course it’s bullshit. Durham was appointed by Donald Trump to distract and bury from the Russia investigation. The only reason Durham wasn’t shut down is due to the fact that MAGA would cry about it being political (even though the entire thing is nothing but manufactured political BS). But this is how the GOP operates, via complete lies, bullshit investigations and witch hunts. Then they project. And the morons in these parts who don’t actually follow what’s going on In the world buy it. Derp.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:15 pm Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann found not guilty of lying to FBI, in blow to Durham investigation
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/31/politics ... index.html

(CNN)Hillary Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann was acquitted Tuesday of lying to the FBI, in the first trial of special counsel John Durham's investigation.

The verdict is a major defeat for Durham and his Justice Department prosecutors, who have spent three years looking for wrongdoing in the Trump-Russia probe. He claimed Sussmann lied during a 2016 meeting in which he passed a tip to the FBI about Donald Trump and Russia.

[snip][end]

Nuff said.
This is fucking MADDENING, there is a TRIAL about someone connected to Hillary and NONE connected to the TRAITOR :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I swear to god I dont know how people are not angrier than they are.

Millions of dollars spent to find NOTHING, the same case trump said was bigger than WATERGATE

Where is the OUTRAGE of republicans?
GOD DAMN ALL OF YOU :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: TO HELL
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Witch hunt. It’s always projection with the Trumpers.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/stat ... 7173600256

The Washington Post

@washingtonpost
Steele dossier source acquitted, in another loss for special counsel reviewing FBI’s probe into Trump campaign and Russia

Josh Gerstein @joshgerstein - Verified
NOT GUILTY on all 4 remaining counts. Story to come.

Mueller, She Wrote @MuellerSheWrote - Verified

Durham is done. His grand jury has expired. Over several years, all he got was one guilty plea from a low level FBI agent who didn't serve a day in prison. The Russia investigation was NOT A HOAX, and now that's been proven.

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/sta ... 4117942272

gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:04 am Could be the AG is satisfied the investigation is warranted.
I'd say Garland knew that people like you would scream censorship and worse, and it was simply better to let Durham make a complete and utter fool of himself.

Of course, that don't matter to you, you support all that crap from the right anyway.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Posted a few hours before Durham got obliterated

Drak

Post by Drak »

Republicans are batshit.

Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:41 pm I'd say Garland knew that people like you would scream censorship and worse, and it was simply better to let Durham make a complete and utter fool of himself.

Of course, that don't matter to you, you support all that crap from the right anyway.
Try properly quoting the entire statement.

“ Given the ensuing controversy, shitstorm, wailing and gnashing of teeth that would follow not allowing the special counsel to complete their work, it’s simply not worth it to shut it down.

Plus, AG Garland isn’t operating in the dark.

“ (2) Thereafter, 90 days before the beginning of each fiscal year, the Special Counsel shall report to the Attorney General the status of the investigation, and provide a budget request for the following year. The Attorney General shall determine whether the investigation should continue and, if so, establish the budget for the next year.”

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.8

“ Let me just say first about the money," Garland replied. "We’re now in a new fiscal year, and as everyone knows, Mr. Durham is continuing. So I think you can readily assume that his budget has been approved."

https://www.yahoo.com/video/attorney-ge ... 00429.html

Could be the AG is satisfied the investigation is warranted.”

Not surprised at you’re dishonesty
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:48 pm Not surprised at you’re dishonesty
What's amusing is with the 30 or 40 various college degrees you claim, you can't understand the usage of "you're" vs. "your". :lol: :lol: :lol:

And no, there's NOTHING that was EVER "warranted" about this investigation. It was the very epitome of "witch hunt".
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:02 pm Republicans are batshit.

And very violent and very deadly.

Going after Trans kids and helping Putin murder Ukraine children.
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Mighty Bullshit Durham has struck out again.

Primary source for Trump-Russia dossier acquitted, handing special counsel Durham another trial loss
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/18/politics ... index.html

Igor Danchenko, the primary source for the infamous Trump-Russia dossier, was acquitted Tuesday of four counts of lying to the FBI in an embarrassing defeat for special counsel John Durham.

Durham has taken two cases to trial, and both have ended in acquittals. After more than three years looking for misconduct in the FBI’s Trump-Russia probe, Durham has only secured one conviction: the guilty plea of a low-level FBI lawyer, who got probation.

The jury returned not guilty verdicts on all charges against Danchenko, a Russian expat and think tank analyst who provided the bulk of the material for the anti-Trump dossier. Durham initially charged Danchenko with five counts of lying to the FBI, but a judge threw out one of the charges on Friday.

[snip]

Danchenko is a Russian citizen but has lived in the US for years with his family. The FBI once scrutinized him as a possible counterintelligence threat, but later paid him as an informant. Durham pressed Danchenko’s FBI handler about the possibility that he was a Russian spy. To the contrary, the witness said Danchenko was a treasured FBI informant and suggested that Durham hurt US national security by indicting him.

[snip][end]

He may not be done. If he's intending to prosecute anyone else ... no one knows who that would be.

His one conviction led to probation.
gounion

Post by gounion »

ProfX wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:38 am Mighty Bullshit Durham has struck out again.

Primary source for Trump-Russia dossier acquitted, handing special counsel Durham another trial loss
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/18/politics ... index.html

Igor Danchenko, the primary source for the infamous Trump-Russia dossier, was acquitted Tuesday of four counts of lying to the FBI in an embarrassing defeat for special counsel John Durham.

Durham has taken two cases to trial, and both have ended in acquittals. After more than three years looking for misconduct in the FBI’s Trump-Russia probe, Durham has only secured one conviction: the guilty plea of a low-level FBI lawyer, who got probation.

The jury returned not guilty verdicts on all charges against Danchenko, a Russian expat and think tank analyst who provided the bulk of the material for the anti-Trump dossier. Durham initially charged Danchenko with five counts of lying to the FBI, but a judge threw out one of the charges on Friday.

[snip]

Danchenko is a Russian citizen but has lived in the US for years with his family. The FBI once scrutinized him as a possible counterintelligence threat, but later paid him as an informant. Durham pressed Danchenko’s FBI handler about the possibility that he was a Russian spy. To the contrary, the witness said Danchenko was a treasured FBI informant and suggested that Durham hurt US national security by indicting him.

[snip][end]

He may not be done. If he's intending to prosecute anyone else ... no one knows who that would be.

His one conviction led to probation.
I wonder if he’ll continue to pretend he’s investigating in order to draw a paycheck.
Drak

Post by Drak »

What’s sad is I’ve seen some commentary that this is somehow a political even Steven, since Mueller didn’t pan out.

Mueller was put in place by Trump appointed Republicans. Mueller is a conservative and his job was apolitical. Mueller was not finished his investigation and was shut down by Donald Trump through Bill Barr. Mueller was investigating serious crimes and if anyone cared to actually view the report, they’d see it was NOT an exoneration of Trump, period. It found 10 counts of obstruction of justice by Trump to impede facts and evidence about his collusion.

The Durham investigation was bullshit from the start. It IS entirely political and a huge waste of money and resources. The DOJ had a reputable record of only pursuing a case if there is a 95 percent chance of indictment. This is a complete joke. There is NO RUSSIA HOAX. Durham and Trump’s sham investigation, is the hoax. This is obvious and is even laid out in the Bipartisan Senate Intel report Vol 5 and a report put out by the ODNI.

God these people are delusional.

ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Durham found additional allegations against Trump in Italy - we don't know if he ever investigated them (so far, doesn't seem so).

'Deliberately deceived the nation': Legal experts stunned by 'jaw-dropping' report on Barr, Durham protecting Trump
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA16OEjx

Legal experts are now weighing in on Thursday’s bombshell, massive and months-long reporting from The New York Times that reveals, among several previously unknown allegations, that then-Attorney General Bill Barr and his special counsel, John Durham were handed apparent evidence of suspicious financial acts by Donald Trump, and proceeded to create a false public narrative that Durham’s investigation found evidence of “suspicious financial dealings” related to Trump, suggesting it was on the part of the FBI, not the president, in order to protect the president.

“On one of Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham’s trips to Europe,” The Times reveals, “according to people familiar with the matter, Italian officials — while denying any role in setting off the Russia investigation — unexpectedly offered a potentially explosive tip linking Mr. Trump to certain suspected financial crimes.”

The Times adds that “Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham never disclosed that their inquiry expanded in the fall of 2019, based on a tip from Italian officials, to include a criminal investigation into suspicious financial dealings related to Mr. Trump.”

“Mr. Durham never filed charges, and it remains unclear what level of an investigation it was, what steps he took, what he learned and whether anyone at the White House ever found out. The extraordinary fact that Mr. Durham opened a criminal investigation that included scrutinizing Mr. Trump has remained secret.”

[snip][end]
bradman

Post by bradman »

Drak wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:55 am What’s sad is I’ve seen some commentary that this is somehow a political even Steven, since Mueller didn’t pan out.

Mueller was put in place by Trump appointed Republicans. Mueller is a conservative and his job was apolitical. Mueller was not finished his investigation and was shut down by Donald Trump through Bill Barr. Mueller was investigating serious crimes and if anyone cared to actually view the report, they’d see it was NOT an exoneration of Trump, period. It found 10 counts of obstruction of justice by Trump to impede facts and evidence about his collusion.

The Durham investigation was bullshit from the start. It IS entirely political and a huge waste of money and resources. The DOJ had a reputable record of only pursuing a case if there is a 95 percent chance of indictment. This is a complete joke. There is NO RUSSIA HOAX. Durham and Trump’s sham investigation, is the hoax. This is obvious and is even laid out in the Bipartisan Senate Intel report Vol 5 and a report put out by the ODNI.

God these people are delusional.
Mueller, conservative or not, did his job and he did it well.

He just didn't want to be a Starr.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Drak

Post by Drak »

So Durham found more crimes by Trump and he and Barr covered it up.