Elon Musk, rip-off King!

News and events of the day
ap215

Re: Elon Musk, rip-off King!

Post by ap215 »

Elon Musk is reportedly using space at Twitter’s San Francisco HQ for staff bedrooms

A key part of Elon Musk’s vision for Twitter 2.0, it seems, is converting the company’s massive downtown San Francisco office space into occupancies.

As first reported by Forbes Monday, Musk has converted rooms in the tech company’s headquarters into aesthetically odd and utterly dystopian bedrooms, decorated with neon orange carpeting, “drab” curtains and those giant teleconference monitors installed in every conference room — giving the bedrooms the feel of constantly being monitored.

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/elo ... 635380.php
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ap215 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:29 am Elon Musk is reportedly using space at Twitter’s San Francisco HQ for staff bedrooms

A key part of Elon Musk’s vision for Twitter 2.0, it seems, is converting the company’s massive downtown San Francisco office space into occupancies.

As first reported by Forbes Monday, Musk has converted rooms in the tech company’s headquarters into aesthetically odd and utterly dystopian bedrooms, decorated with neon orange carpeting, “drab” curtains and those giant teleconference monitors installed in every conference room — giving the bedrooms the feel of constantly being monitored.

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/elo ... 635380.php
:problem:

Exploiters of humanity.

Is this even legal? Apparently Apartheid Emerald Mine Kid doesn’t remember or know or care what a colossal deal it was to even bring Dolby and Twitter into that part of Market Street, which was and still is quite economically depressed.

Freak.

I guess he thinks THX 1138 was a documentary film. :problem:

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Also: glad to see SEIU Local 87 janitors on strike against this slavedriver.
_________

BREAKING - JANITORS WHO CLEAN TWITTER ON STRIKE!
Janitors who work for Flagship and who clean Twitter offices in San Fran are on an unfair labor practice strike today - fighting for the pay, benefits, & job protections they need to take care of their families!
#UnionsForAll #1u

https://twitter.com/local87seiu/status/ ... 8815892480

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:43 am Also: glad to see SEIU Local 87 janitors on strike against this slavedriver.
_________

BREAKING - JANITORS WHO CLEAN TWITTER ON STRIKE!
Janitors who work for Flagship and who clean Twitter offices in San Fran are on an unfair labor practice strike today - fighting for the pay, benefits, & job protections they need to take care of their families!
#UnionsForAll #1u

https://twitter.com/local87seiu/status/ ... 8815892480
These are pretty important employees now that now that scumbucket is forcing employees to work 24 hours at a time and sleep in the building from what I read somewhere. Don't get me wrong, they are are always important.

I assume if you are in that dept of a company like twitter or tesla, you make really good money or SHOULD.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Sergio Quintana
@svqjournalist

The San Francisco Department of Building Inspection has opened an investigation into new sleeping accommodations at Twitter Headquarters.
We have a first look at those orange carpeted rooms, complete with big screen monitors and a reservation panel.

The series of photos from inside Twitter Headquarters shows a wardrobe closet in one room.
Some rooms don’t have linens or blankets.
People who used to work at Twitter say the new sleeping rooms used to be conference rooms.

Good.

Shut this trash down.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

It's worth remembering that, at another Musk company, an executive asked for a brief time-out to attend his mother's funeral. Musk's reply was to the general effect of, why would you want to go to your mother's funeral when you can stay here and help me change the world?

This sort of behavior seems inherent to pretty much every egomaniac schmuck who becomes the richest person in the world.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:31 pm It's worth remembering that, at another Musk company, an executive asked for a brief time-out to attend his mother's funeral. Musk's reply was to the general effect of, why would you want to go to your mother's funeral when you can stay here and help me change the world?

This sort of behavior seems inherent to pretty much every egomaniac schmuck who becomes the richest person in the world.
This is three hots and a cot mentality.

Him, not you.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

If at first you don't succeed ... charge Apple users more? :roll:

Twitter to relaunch Twitter Blue at higher price for Apple users
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/10/twitter ... onday.html

Twitter will relaunch a revamped version of its subscription service Twitter Blue on Monday.

The service will allow subscribers to edit tweets, upload 1080p videos and get a blue checkmark post account verification for $8 per month through the web, but for $11 per month through Apple iOS.

Twitter had initially launched Twitter Blue early in November before pausing it as fake accounts mushroomed.

[snip][end]

I'm so not getting this. Why on Earth do this? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the spite Elon apparently now has with Apple. :roll:

Looks like the surcharge only affects iOS, not Mac users using Twitter from MacOS "Ventura" desktops, but ... still ... why?

Oh yeah. Aaaaaaaaand ....

[from the chief twitler]
Elon Musk@elonmusk
·Follow
My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci
5:58 AM · Dec 11, 2022
[end]

It's gotta be him, it's got a blue checkmark. :lol:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

He's charging more for iOS users because Apple takes a large chunk of app income. To be sure, Apple does charge a significant amount to developers for their apps to be on the store (non-free apps).

It may be a misguided belief that he'll be able to get Apple to alter their policies because he's charging more for Twitter Blue iOS users. Apple wouldn't feel much effect without Twitter. Twitter, on the other hand, would take a huge hit without Apple.
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

Elon has now invented Reddit for people who don't like topics. He has confirmed that Twitter will go from 280 characters to 4000 per Tweet.

For a man who bought Twitter, he doesn't seem to grasp what Twitter actually is.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Sounds like twitter is evolving into Instagram.

Bye, twitter.

It's over.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Toonces wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:20 am He's charging more for iOS users because Apple takes a large chunk of app income.
Yeah, this still doesn't make sense.

BTW, Google Play store takes the same 15/30% fees from developers, but there's no surcharge for Android users.

Secondly, the Twitter app itself is free on all platforms. Twitter Blue is a service that they surcharge for, but on people who already have the app.

This still looks like Elmo's usual effort at pique.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:30 pm Yeah, this still doesn't make sense.

BTW, Google Play store takes the same 15/30% fees from developers, but there's no surcharge for Android users.

Secondly, the Twitter app itself is free on all platforms. Twitter Blue is a service that they surcharge for, but on people who already have the app.

Money corrupts the corruptible. Musk, Zucky, and in the rare times when trump has money...always goes bad.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:30 pm Yeah, this still doesn't make sense.

It’s If you buy the blue through the Apple store there’s a surcharge.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Just the new owner of Twitter going full Qanon.

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Cons here love it, they would love to put Dr. Fauci in jail for being one of the most important virologists on earth responsible for saving millions of lives.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Another traitor chimes in.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

they are prepping to attack us.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Ted Lieu on Musk & Social Media Regulation

@tedlieu No, we can’t. We are a free country. @elonmusk can post smart things or stupid things. He can choose to promote cute cat videos over boring Jim Jordan tweets, or not. He can amplify COVID deniers, or not. The Constitution prevents government from regulating speech on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1602000819276029952
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Reminder: Elon Musk's daughter is trans.

http://radiofreeliberal.com/viewtopic.p ... 619#p28619

Elon Musk’s Daughter Has Filed Court Documents To Change Her Name Because She Doesn’t Want To Be Related To Him “In Any Way, Shape Or Form”

Elon Musk’s daughter revealed that she wants to sever all ties with her father in court documents that were filed in April.

Shortly after her 18th birthday, the teenager submitted a petition for a change of name, a recognition of change of gender, and the issuance of a new birth certificate.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/st ... e-cut-ties

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Elon Musk and vile conservative backlashers like him are the ones forcing cisgenderism on the planet, just as they always have.

They back it up with personal violence, state violence, vigilante violence, and propaganda.

Look how these people treat their own relatives.

None of us has a fair shake with these cons.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:12 pm they are prepping to attack us.
Well, they're already attacking us on a weekly basis.

http://radiofreeliberal.com/viewtopic.p ... 178#p46178

GLAAD Report: Drag events faced at least 124 protests and significant threats in 2022 - GLAAD

GOP lawmakers push historic wave of bills targeting rights of LGBTQ teens, children and their families - WP

Armed Demonstrators Protest Drag Storytime in Columbus
^not even a week ago

One of their offspring just mass-murdered people in one of our bars, useful-but-ruthless idiots like Glennfs conflate drag with trans, they are trying to outlaw drag, as well as trans; and the goal is to completely re-subject all LGBTQs back to forced cis and hetero conformity.

The same people gaybaited the guy who tried to kill my rep and almost killed her husband, and they think it's some kind of gotcha that the Colorado Springs/ClubQ shooter's lawyers claim they are nonbinary, as if that has j.s. to do with anything. :roll:

Lol imagine us showing up to one of their dumb megachurches armed and in camo, or protesting police brutality armed and in camo, or trying to overthrow the government armed and in camo.

Freaks.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Elon's issues with his kids are his own, but I guess he feels the need to let it all spill on Twitter.

I guess he has a tough time with respecting people's wishes to be addressed properly. I have never seen anybody attack anyone for using the wrong pronoun, they will just politely request they use it.

Meanwhile, curiously ... no answer to the question "what should Fauci be prosecuted FOR?"

Saving lives, I guess ... he must be punished. :roll:
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:48 am Elon's issues with his kids are his own, but I guess he feels the need to let it all spill on Twitter.

I guess he has a tough time with respecting people's wishes to be addressed properly. I have never seen anybody attack anyone for using the wrong pronoun, they will just politely request they use it.

Meanwhile, curiously ... no answer to the question "what should Fauci be prosecuted FOR?"

Saving lives, I guess ... he must be punished. :roll:
Worth noting, they also despise hiw work around HIV/AIDS.

If left up to these people, the world would still be calling it the gay cancer.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Musk was bood for 10 mins straight last night and chased off stage after he appeared with Dave Chappelle. Apparently he’s nuking Twitter accounts and suppressing any accounts that repost the video. Freedumb of speech, though.