Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:42 pm Translation: “I’ve got nothin’!” :lol: :lol: :lol:
That’s my point. You have nothing. So instead of talking for other people, speak for yourself. You should try it sometime.
User avatar
Libertas
Posts: 5607
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:42 pm Translation: “I’ve got nothin’!” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesus, of course you understand them, we all do...sigh

The world understands them, that is why the vast majority of it hates cons.
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:43 pm That’s my point. You have nothing. So instead of talking for other people, speak for yourself. You should try it sometime.
You obviously don’t understand the concept of quotation marks. Whadda Maroon.

Believe me, I’ve got BOTH your numbers. That’s why you have to deflect. You never can actually debate or discuss.
Motor City
Posts: 1145
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:46 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by Motor City »

Libertas wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:54 pm Because of cons or the GOP there is no paid sick leave yet.

Alternative would have been to do great harm to the economy, though I am not totally against that I guess. The problem is to get cons to do the right thing you practically have to completely destroy the human race, let alone an economy. Amazing isnt it. :evil:
No the alternative would be to protect the workers and environment from reckless abusive employment administration. A nation that doesnt care about that is one that doest care about its economy, its people or anything else.
Image
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:12 pm You obviously don’t understand the concept of quotation marks. Whadda Maroon.

Believe me, I’ve got BOTH your numbers. That’s why you have to deflect. You never can actually debate or discuss.
Yet you don’t know the difference between an adjective and a noun and you can’t answer questions or speak for yourself. I highly doubt you have anyone’s number especially your own. Speak for yourself. You just admitted you don’t understand others.

You probably spend too much time with the other retired wives standing in the front yard gossiping about other people, games shows and daytime soaps. You’ve forgotten how to speak and think for yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Number6
Posts: 2081
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by Number6 »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:26 pm Based on the Glenn’s link if accurate the difference between the base of 110K and total package of 160K is 50K. That’s pretty hefty. Maybe it’s overvalued but who knows. I would be curious as to what makes up those benefits and how they value them. Many companies these days do not do sick days. They give their employees more personal/vacation days to use as they please. It’s a waste of time in many cases as many people treat them like personal days anyway. So just call them personal days.

That being said, a benefits package valued at roughly half your base isn’t being stingy or greedy. It sounds pretty generous. Of course that depends on what exactly is included and how it’s valued. The devil is always in the details.
IF glenn's link is accurate. I don't know about the accuracy of that website but I'd go with the BLS's figure since they do extensive research into different occupations.
Last edited by Number6 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you vote left, you vote right.
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:29 pm Yet you don’t know the difference between an adjective and a noun and you can’t answer questions or speak for yourself. I highly doubt you have anyone’s number especially your own. Speak for yourself. You just admitted you don’t understand others.

You probably spend too much time with the other retired wives standing in the front yard gossiping about other people, games shows and daytime soaps. You’ve forgotten how to speak and think for yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah tell us again Joe how the voters aren’t buying what we’re selling. Now you pretend this outcome is great and what you wanted all along. You voted for the shitshow what the GOP House is gonna be.
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:23 am Yeah tell us again Joe how the voters aren’t buying what we’re selling. Now you pretend this outcome is great and what you wanted all along. You voted for the shitshow what the GOP House is gonna be.
I haven’t pretended anything one way or the other. The process worked. We had an election. Again. All this hand wringing about threats to democracy was just political rhetoric based on the politics of fear. That’s the shitshow. The people bought what they bought. We now have split government. I don’t see a mandate for either side.

But that’s what I think. I don’t make a habit of gossiping like an old bored housewife about what I think other people think. That I leave to you. You spend all your time fabricating positions for others and yet can’t answer simple questions or speak for yourself.
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:23 am I haven’t pretended anything one way or the other. The process worked. We had an election. Again. All this hand wringing about threats to democracy was just political rhetoric based on the politics of fear. That’s the shitshow. The people bought what they bought. We now have split government. I don’t see a mandate for either side.

But that’s what I think. I don’t make a habit of gossiping like an old bored housewife about what I think other people think. That I leave to you. You spend all your time fabricating positions for others and yet can’t answer simple questions or speak for yourself.
No, the reason that we're better off is that the American people didn't buy what you were selling.

And they're not gonna buy Hershel Walker either.

They want the issues to be addressed, not the shitshow that the GOP is, putting neo-nazis on committees to impeach President Biden, AG Garland and other cabinet members.

So why did you vote for that?

These are real issues that affect this nation. of course, you won't actually respond to any of this.
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:28 am No, the reason that we're better off is that the American people didn't buy what you were selling.

And they're not gonna buy Hershel Walker either.

They want the issues to be addressed, not the shitshow that the GOP is, putting neo-nazis on committees to impeach President Biden, AG Garland and other cabinet members.

So why did you vote for that?

These are real issues that affect this nation. of course, you won't actually respond to any of this.
You are all for hearings and oversight when it’s directed at the other party. But oversight cuts both ways. I don’t share your opinion of other people and I certainly don’t buy anything you say about what they will or will not be able to prove or what they may or may not do. The last 5 or 6 years have been full of such predictions from you about irrefutable evidence of this and that. The funny thing is you are rarely right but yet those of us who don’t agree with you are out of touch.
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:28 am You are all for hearings and oversight when it’s directed at the other party. But oversight cuts both ways. I don’t share your opinion of other people and I certainly don’t buy anything you say about what they will or will not be able to prove or what they may or may not do. The last 5 or 6 years have been full of such predictions from you about irrefutable evidence of this and that. The funny thing is you are rarely right but yet those of us who don’t agree with you are out of touch.
So you agree to having impeachment hearings without reason. "Oh, we'll find something!"

Such is conservative logic.

Tell me why Biden and AG Garland should be impeached. Go ahead.
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 am So you agree to having impeachment hearings without reason. "Oh, we'll find something!"

Such is conservative logic.

Tell me why Biden and AG Garland should be impeached. Go ahead.
Such is liberal logic. The last administration was launched by unsubstantiated charges of collusion. So no GoU, I’m not for criminal investigations or impeachments based on unfounded allegations. I haven’t called for such.
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:56 am Such is liberal logic. The last administration was launched by unsubstantiated charges of collusion. So no GoU, I’m not for criminal investigations or impeachments based on unfounded allegations. I haven’t called for such.
You're supporting them - you VOTED for them.

And yes, the prior administration was corrupt and all investigations into the Trump Administration were completely supportable. Don't try to compare the two.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 9614
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:56 am Such is liberal logic.
Why can’t you guys ever come up with your own lines? Is it because you can’t come up with your own ideas?
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:08 am You're supporting them - you VOTED for them.

And yes, the prior administration was corrupt and all investigations were completely supportable.
As you well know, oversight is a function granted to the legislative branch by the constitution. I didn’t vote for it. You would have to talk to the founders.

As a controller, I investigate many things as part of my oversight responsibilities. That’s how oversight works. It is what oversight means. Not everything I look at results in a full blown investigation. Not all in depth investigations lead to a finding. Many times you find that things were handled appropriately. So if there is nothing there to hide, everything should be alright. If everything was handled appropriately, no one should fear oversight.

So I didn’t opposed any of the investigations of the prior two administrations. I supported them even though many of those doing the investigating were highly partisan. It’s a necessary function of the legislative branch of government. It’s a tool available to and freely used by both parties when in power. It’s part of check and balances.
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:28 am As you well know, oversight is a function granted to the legislative branch by the constitution. I didn’t vote for it. You would have to talk to the founders.

As a controller, I investigate many things as part of my oversight responsibilities. That’s how oversight works. It is what oversight means. Not everything I look at results in a full blown investigation. Not all in depth investigations lead to a finding. Many times you find that things were handled appropriately. So if there is nothing there to hide, everything should be alright. If everything was handled appropriately, no one should fear oversight.

So I didn’t opposed any of the investigations of the prior two administrations. I supported them even though many of those doing the investigating were highly partisan. It’s a necessary function of the legislative branch of government. It’s a tool available to and freely used by both parties when in power. It’s part of check and balances.
Yes, you voted for it. That's what they campaigned on, and that's what you voted for. You sat here and trolled the board, saying you guys were going to win big because no one wanted what the Dems were selling.

Well, this is what the GOP was selling, and you bought it. Lessee, I think the plans I heard from them was to impeach Biden, Harris, AG Garland, SecTrans Pete Buttigieg. Now, they don't have any basis to impeach, they'll make it all up as it goes. Is this being handled properly? Yes or no?

And you pretend this is actual oversight. It isn't.

But it's what you wanted, and you're going to be all for it. And they'll shut down and bury the Jan 6th Committee, and try to bury Trump's tax returns.

That's what you voted for.

Also, how did your Senators and Congressman vote for the Marriage Act? You know, the Act you supposedly endorse.
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

Interesting idea - seems the unions want to push Biden to make an Executive Order for sick pay https://www.salon.com/2022/12/02/biden- ... s_partner/
Anticipating Thursday's defeat, The Intercept's Ryan Grim wrote ahead of the votes that an unnamed "railway union source said that the next phase of the fight would be a demand that Biden include rail workers in a coming executive order that would mandate 56 hours of paid sick leave for federal contractors."

"The bipartisan support in the House and Senate for the sick days, even though it fell short of 60, could boost the argument for including such workers in the order," Grim added.

Some observers pointed to then-President Barack Obama's 2015 executive order mandating at least seven paid sick days for employees of federal contractors—but with an exclusion clause for rail workers.

Progressive activist Jacqueline Anne Thompson urged Biden on Twitter to "sign an executive order guaranteeing seven days paid sick leave for ALL employees nationwide for any company with 50 employees or more."

Another Twitter user quipped: "If you want to take an 11-dimensional chess view, getting Congress to pin the contract to a 24% raise and an average $16k bonus before Biden takes the paddle to the railroads via executive order would be a pretty sweet move indeed."
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:42 pm Translation: “I’ve got nothin’!” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deflection again.

You can't respond to actual posts. It's hilarious.

Maybe you should go back to the kiddie table. What's really funny is you can never come up with something original, and have to copy me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That shows you understand that you're the inferior here.
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:05 pm Yes, you voted for it. That's what they campaigned on, and that's what you voted for. You sat here and trolled the board, saying you guys were going to win big because no one wanted what the Dems were selling.

Well, this is what the GOP was selling, and you bought it. Lessee, I think the plans I heard from them was to impeach Biden, Harris, AG Garland, SecTrans Pete Buttigieg. Now, they don't have any basis to impeach, they'll make it all up as it goes. Is this being handled properly? Yes or no?

And you pretend this is actual oversight. It isn't.

But it's what you wanted, and you're going to be all for it. And they'll shut down and bury the Jan 6th Committee, and try to bury Trump's tax returns.

That's what you voted for.

Also, how did your Senators and Congressman vote for the Marriage Act? You know, the Act you supposedly endorse.
I don’t think I predicted the election, certainly not after Roe. You as I recall we the guy all depressed and living in “despair”. You were the guy predicting the end to Democracy. And yet the nation and Democracy survived despite all your predictions of gloom and doom.

As far as the election and what it means, we had an evenly divided electorate before and we continue to have an evenly divided electorate. I don’t see a mandate for either party but rather an electorate frustrated with both parties.

As far as oversight, it’s a fact of life. You don’t get a pass just because it’s a Dem in the Oval. “Made up” evidence doesn’t usually survive in the sunshine. You should have learned that lesson from the Steele Dossier. Again, that discredited piece of evidence was flushed out by an investigation. A benefit to the process.
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:42 pm Deflection again.

You can't respond to actual posts. It's hilarious.

Maybe you should go back to the kiddie table. What's really funny is you can never come up with something original, and have to copy me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That shows you understand that you're the inferior here.
You do realize you are talking to yourself. What a dumbass.
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:47 pm You do realize you are talking to yourself. What a dumbass.
Yep, I did! Oops! Hey everyone makes mistakes, everyone's human. But I can laugh at myself. Something you're not capable of.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I notice you still can't respond to actual posts.
JoeMemphis
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:58 pm Yep, I did! Oops! Hey everyone makes mistakes, everyone's human. But I can laugh at myself. Something you're not capable of.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I notice you still can't respond to actual posts.
This from a man who can’t answer questions for himself. This from a man who doesn’t know the difference between an adjective and a noun and yet calls other people morons.

I’ll worry about responding to you when you stop running away and answer questions yourself. Until then, you have no credibility with me.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 9614
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm ... you have no credibility with me. ...
You are obsessed with him.

Conservative males are such freaks. :?
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
gounion
Posts: 7249
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm This from a man who can’t answer questions for himself. This from a man who doesn’t know the difference between an adjective and a noun and yet calls other people morons.

I’ll worry about responding to you when you stop running away and answer questions yourself. Until then, you have no credibility with me.
Show me a question I won't answer. Go ahead. I fucking dare ya.

And if you're whining about my grammer, that shows you don't have shit. So, how did your Congressman and Senators vote for legislation for gay marriage you pretend to support?

Run away!
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 2814
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: Biden asks Congress to force rail agreement

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm Until then, you have no credibility with me.
Who cares who has credibility with you? What a goof. No one gives a shit, dude. You're one of the biggest idiots on this board.
Post Reply