Trump tells Mar-a-Lago special master that he got to decide which White House documents were his to keep

News and events of the day
Bludogdem

Trump tells Mar-a-Lago special master that he got to decide which White House documents were his to keep

Post by Bludogdem »

I’ve been waiting for this. Figured they would eventually take this route.

“ Former President Donald Trump argued in a newly public court filing that a president gets to decide whether records from his White House are personal documents – and that he had decided that all the records he took to Mar-a-Lago were in fact his personal property.

The argument is Trump’s latest legal bid to hold off parts of the criminal investigation into sensitive records kept at his Florida resort and home after he left the White House.

The Justice Department responded by saying that Trump’s legal theory for when he can deem records from his White House as personal is wrong.

Plaintiff may not designate records qualifying as ‘Presidential Records’ under the Presidential Record Act … as his ‘personal’ records simply by saying so,” the department said, adding that such a theory would “nullify” the purpose of the law.“

“ “Plaintiff was authorized to – and did in fact – designate the seized materials as personal records while he served as President,” Trump’s legal team wrote. “President Trump was still serving his term in office when the documents at issue were packed, transported, and delivered to his residence in Palm Beach, Florida. Thus, when he made a designation decision, he was President of the United States; his decision to retain certain records as personal is entitled to deference, and the records in question are thus presumptively personal.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/14/politics ... index.html

This seems to be heading toward a “Presidential Records Act” question of constitutionality.

The “Presidential Records Act” has no method of enforcement nor is there any defined penalty. It has no forms or procedures of designating the nature of the records.

And there is a Federal Court Decision that states it is the president’s discretion alone that determines the status of those records.

Should be interesting.
gounion

Re: Trump tells Mar-a-Lago special master that he got to decide which White House documents were his to keep

Post by gounion »

Nothing but lies. But I'm sure he's talking with Ginni and Clarence Thomas to try to come up with a cover story that pretends to have legality. It doesn't.

It's hilarious how you - who pretends to be a Constitutional and legal expert due to your extensive "education" - would buy Trump's bullshit. But there it is.
gounion

Re: Trump tells Mar-a-Lago special master that he got to decide which White House documents were his to keep

Post by gounion »

Let's just be clear - like most conservatives, greengrass doesn't believe in the rule of law and the Constitution. He doesn't believe that everyone, including the President, is subject to the laws of our nation. The idea that the President can keep records and secrets at his own will beyond his Presidency shows that greengrass along with other conservatives believes that the President is a King, that doesn't answer to the law in any way, shape or form.

I'm not surprised. Republicans have always been anti-democratic and are royalists at heart.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:54 pm Let's just be clear - like most conservatives, greengrass doesn't believe in the rule of law and the Constitution. He doesn't believe that everyone, including the President, is subject to the laws of our nation. The idea that the President can keep records and secrets at his own will beyond his Presidency shows that greengrass along with other conservatives believes that the President is a King, that doesn't answer to the law in any way, shape or form.

I'm not surprised. Republicans have always been anti-democratic and are royalists at heart.
Fuck em, to hell. OUR LIVES are in GRAVE jeopardy every fucking day they exist in this country.
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:32 pm Fuck em, to hell. OUR LIVES are in GRAVE jeopardy every fucking day they exist in this country.
greengrass is just a clown and a joke.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:36 pm greengrass is just a clown and a joke.
Until a crowd with nooses is needed, then he will be right there.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:38 pm Until a crowd with nooses is needed, then he will be right there.
Nah, he's just a Keyboard Kommando.

His best days are behind him, you know, like when he ran the civil rights outreach on Humphrey's campaign in the sixties. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:41 pm Nah, he's just a Keyboard Kommando.

His best days are behind him, you know, like when he ran the civil rights outreach on Humphrey's campaign in the sixties. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Oh god, did it actually say that?

Yikes...do we have a version of Herschel here with us? :lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:43 pm :lol: Oh god, did it actually say that?

Yikes...do we have a version of Herschel here with us? :lol:
Oh, yeah, it's hard to believe the shit he's made up.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:43 pm Oh, yeah, it's hard to believe the shit he's made up.
Like I have said before, I rarely read anything any of them say.

The other day I saw the other one attempted to start a racist argument implying that Willie Mays was only the best in the 2nd half of the century, which means had i addressed the asshole he would have claimed Babe Ruth was the best, which of course is laughable.
gounion

Post by gounion »

What's funny is that this is the fifth or sixth story they've made up, and greengrass is gullible enough to think this is an actual legal argument, which it isn't. It's just something new to throw up against the wall. Legal experts have already pointed out how ludicrous it is. You know Trump's own legal team doesn't believe it, but by GOD, greengrass believes it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Additional information. I had posted this in another thread awhile back.

“ In the Court’s view, plaintiff reads too much into this statement. Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from Presidential records is made by the President, during the President’s term and in his sole discretion”

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... 0cv1834-13

GUIDANCE ON PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS
from the National Archives and Records Administration

https://www.archives.gov/files/guidance ... n-2020.pdf

Now of all the information in this Guidance here is the only sentence that matters.

“Since the President has the discretion to determine what is personal material, this determination should be made during the incumbent’s term of office rather than after the records are transferred to NARA.”
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:54 pm What's funny is that this is the fifth or sixth story they've made up, and greengrass is gullible enough to think this is an actual legal argument, which it isn't. It's just something new to throw up against the wall. Legal experts have already pointed out how ludicrous it is. You know Trump's own legal team doesn't believe it, but by GOD, greengrass believes it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cons hate us because we are on the decent side of history, they are not and they know it and they resent us for it. So con here will throw ANYTHING and everything up to see if it can get you to respond.

And as I have told you before, I appreciate you responding because I truly cant,wont. Mainly because it just makes me feel sick to engage with them, I admire you folks who do. I have more fun watching you deal with them than most TV shows I watch. :lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:45 pm Additional information. I had posted this in another thread awhile back.

“ In the Court’s view, plaintiff reads too much into this statement. Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from Presidential records is made by the President, during the President’s term and in his sole discretion”

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... 0cv1834-13

GUIDANCE ON PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS
from the National Archives and Records Administration

https://www.archives.gov/files/guidance ... n-2020.pdf

Now of all the information in this Guidance here is the only sentence that matters.

“Since the President has the discretion to determine what is personal material, this determination should be made during the incumbent’s term of office rather than after the records are transferred to NARA.”
You are such a gullible idiot. You’re going to get laughed out of court, just as every other scam the Trump lawyers have put forth already.

Trump will have another line of bullshit tomorrow, I’m sure, and I’m sure you’ll buy it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:58 pm You are such a gullible idiot. You’re going to get laughed out of court, just as every other scam the Trump lawyers have put forth already.

Trump will have another line of bullshit tomorrow, I’m sure, and I’m sure you’ll buy it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
His hero is right now saying that voting machines in AZ are broken and there MUST be a complete do over of the election.

IMAGINE any democrat saying that...this con you are talking to, his head would

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

BREAKING 11th circuit halts special master nonsense.

I was gonna link CNN but I got a warning from malwarebytes so maybe it was a phony link.

https://twitter.com/dnlbrns/status/1598 ... 8kU8aW8XwQ

11th Circuit, I forget, are they majority patriots or GOP?
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:12 pm This seems to be heading toward a “Presidential Records Act” question of constitutionality.
Nope thrown out on account of bullshit.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:14 pm Nope thrown out on account of bullshit.
But can the traitor appeal to the SC? Probably, someone pointed out the traitor judge who started all this accomplished a 4 month stall.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Green Gas fails again.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:15 pm But can the traitor appeal to the SC? Probably, someone pointed out the traitor judge who started all this accomplished a 4 month stall.
Yes, but I'm sure they'll refuse to hear it and that will be that.
gounion

Post by gounion »

The first thing is Judge Cannon didn’t have any jurisdiction. It is elementary she cannot have anything to do with it. So taking this to the Supreme Court is worthless - They won’t hear it.

But hey, why not, after all, Trump never pays his lawyers anyway, right?
gounion

Post by gounion »

So here's the deal: Yes, Trump could appeal to the full 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and if they won't take the case, he could appeal to the Supreme Court.

But the case has been vacated. Which means the Special Master gives everything back and goes home; he's done. The Justice Department can now go full steam ahead with the case. Sure, Trump can appeal, which takes time. BUT...

The 11th Circuit or the Supreme Court would have to issue a stay to stop the Justice Department from moving forward. One of the Judges on the panel is the head of the 11th Circuit, and this was a slam dunk case. It's doubtful that either would issue a stay. No more delaying.

Dumb 'ole green grass is going to have to wipe the egg off his face. But he won't, he will either a: ignore the case and pretend it never happened, or b: he'll check out of the board like he has every other time. Only problem is, he won't be able to get back onto it pretending to be someone else.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

These cons despise the adults (liberals) so much they will root for trump to avoid all justice and to wreck the country, JUST so they can own the libs.

I wish I was exaggerating.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Read the original post.

This was my observation.

“This seems to be heading toward a “Presidential Records Act” question of constitutionality.

The “Presidential Records Act” has no method of enforcement nor is there any defined penalty. It has no forms or procedures of designating the nature of the records.

And there is a Federal Court Decision that states it is the president’s discretion alone that determines the status of those records.

Should be interesting.“

My comments Had nothing to do with the special master. This is trumps legal team long game.

And if trump is criminally charged this will be the defense all the way to the Supreme Court.

The DOJ has the problem with justice Jackson’s decision that by pursuing charges against trump the PRA could be found to be unconstitutional.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:28 pm Read the original post.

This was my observation.

“This seems to be heading toward a “Presidential Records Act” question of constitutionality.

Should be interesting.“

My comments Had nothing to do with the special master. This is trumps legal team long game.

And if trump is criminally charged this will be the defense all the way to the Supreme Court.

The DOJ has the problem with justice Jackson’s decision that by pursuing charges against trump the PRA could be found to be unconstitutional.
Only YOU and Trump's lawyers are pretending that this bullshit is an actual legal theory with any validity at all. It's just lackeys throwing crap against the wall and hoping it will stick.

The 11th Court says it's bullshit, and no one is going to buy it except for you.