Russia has escalated things

News and events of the day
Toonces

Russia has escalated things

Post by Toonces »

WarMonitor🇺🇦
@WarMonitor3
“Two stray rockets fell in the town of Przewodów in Poland on the border with Ukraine. They hit the grain dryers. Two people died.”
The word "stray" doing a lot of heavy lifting there, of course. This was predictable and, frankly, should have been expected. I predicted as much many time ago.

NATO can choose to do nothing but it'll happen again. Putin has been looking for a fight with NATO. This is especially true after Kherson. Putin's support is eroding and his grip on power with it. Take on the "evil west" and all that gets restored.
ap215

Re: Russia has escalated things

Post by ap215 »

Putin look what you've done now. *Face Palm*
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

So how do we know that? Liar warmongers all around which are the trustworthy ones and which are not so much? like Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam and all the rest WikiLeaks etc.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

sigh

But anyway, trump jr is tweeting that russia is good and biden is bad.

He needs a good hard slap.
I sigh in your general direction.
bradman

Post by bradman »

It could very well have been a stray missile from Ukraine's defensive system. Everyone has to settle down and wait for the investigation.

Either way, hopefully, for now Poland will do the same as Israel did when attacked with Scud missiles during the first Gulf War.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

As I said, the responsible thing is to determine who fired the projectile, and did they do it intentionally.

I don't believe it was an intentional attack on Poland. As a NATO member ... well, we know where that goes, Article 5.

Until we know that, we should simply investigate and be cautious in our rhetoric. The good news: the POTUS is doing that.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

These missiles are old and get shot at a lot. I suggest restraint until we get people at the points of impact and reverse engineer how and where they got in. It could be Russian missiles knocked off-trajectory, and it could be a third party trying to stir things up, though I doubt that second one. These old missiles aren't smart bombs on a good day, and as always The Fog of War makes hard information scarce or nonexistent.

Looks like once again POTUS is waiting for information. How refreshing. Meanwhile TFG is giving campaign speeches. Whoopee.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:47 pm These missiles are old and get shot at a lot. I suggest restraint until we get people at the points of impact and reverse engineer how and where they got in. It could be Russian missiles knocked off-trajectory, and it could be a third party trying to stir things up, though I doubt that second one. These old missiles aren't smart bombs on a good day, and as always The Fog of War makes hard information scarce or nonexistent.

Looks like once again POTUS is waiting for information. How refreshing. Meanwhile TFG is giving campaign speeches. Whoopee.
TFG son tweets that USA are the warmongers, not Russia. We know he is tweeting what daddy tells him to tweet.

My PHYSICAL anger at that family and EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN who supports him/them will NEVER end. :twisted:
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:49 pm TFG son tweets that USA are the warmongers, not Russia. We know he is tweeting what daddy tells him to tweet.

My PHYSICAL anger at that family and EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN who supports him/them will NEVER end. :twisted:
TFG and his son are Russian apparatchiks. It's best to ignore them and quietly do whatever can be done to counter their rabble rousing.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:00 pm TFG and his son are Russian apparatchiks. It's best to ignore them and quietly do whatever can be done to counter their rabble rousing.
How do you "counter" it if you dont know what they said and remind people as often as possible who and what they are?
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Apparently, the U.S. was monitoring the missile and it turns our it was a Ukrainian defense missile.
The leaders of Poland and NATO said the missile that killed two people in Polish territory on Tuesday was likely fired by Ukrainian forces defending their country against a barrage of Russian strikes, and that the incident appeared to be an accident.

The blast occurred outside the village outside the rural eastern Polish village of Przewodow, about four miles (6.4 kilometers) west from the Ukrainian border on Tuesday afternoon, roughly the same time as Russia launched its biggest wave of missile attacks on Ukrainian cities in more than a month.

On Wednesday, Polish President Andrzej Duda told a press conference that there was a “high chance” it was an air defense missile from the Ukrainian side and likely had fallen in Poland in “an accident” while intercepting incoming Russian missiles.

“There is no indication that this was an intentional attack on Poland. Most likely, it was a Russian-made S-300 rocket,” Duda said in a tweet earlier Wednesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/europe/p ... index.html
The Ukrainians bear a share of the responsibly but the main share of responsibility belongs to the Russian for firing large numbers of missiles at Ukrainian civilian targets.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Of course. If the Russian excuse for a command control system hadn't fired ~100 missiles in a fit of rage over losing territory, there wouldn't have been all the defensive operations and various people's explosive devices flying through the sky.

The ultimate blame is all on Putin for starting the damn thing.

I'm just glad that we have a POTUS who (1) defused the situation all the way from Bali just as the Dow had dropped 800 points and people were starting to panic and act irrational, and (2) didn't implicitly support Putin's war as I suspect TFG would have.