Election Day 2022

Introduce yourself, or talk about what's happening in your life
gounion

Election Day 2022

Post by gounion »

It was a madhouse.

I'm laying around today taking it easy. I'm wore slap out.

I worked the election at the same precinct for the second time in a row, and it was enjoyable. I can't say enough for our county's election office. They are real pros, who makes it so everyone can vote. Of course, when your state is so reliably red, they don't mind everyone voting, I guess, since the outcome is pre-ordained without having to cook the books.

One of my fellow Machine Operators was a first-timer, a 73-year-old retired minister, very Republican and conservative. He says he was told to bring something to read, he'd be setting around all day. Well, that was wrong. As soon as things were over and we had to pack up, he quit. He said he's never doing this again.

We were swamped all day. Most of the time our wait time was between 10-30 minutes, not too bad. But at 7, our Precinct head went out to end the line, and everyone in line got to vote. We had our last voter leave at 7:50. We had voted 821 people that day on four machines.

And today, I celebrate a full year ahead of us with no campaign ads and no campaign sign clutter.
plunderer
Site Admin

Re: Election Day 2022

Post by plunderer »

Glad to hear it was busy. I've been meaning to call...maybe later this week.

-P
gounion

Post by gounion »

plunderer wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:44 pm Glad to hear it was busy. I've been meaning to call...maybe later this week.

-P
Sounds good. I just got back from the Green Bay Packer game I went to yesterday. I'll be home and around.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:43 pm Sounds good. I just got back from the Green Bay Packer game I went to yesterday. I'll be home and around.
My family was at the niners game last night, they won
I sigh in your general direction.