Elon Musk, rip-off King!

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Elon Musk, rip-off King!

Post by carmenjonze »

lucytalk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:47 pm lol

yes
Ok. You'd said earlier you're not a member, not going to link it because it's easy enough to find and not necessary. But I do suspect that that's true, or you just now joined? Anyway, reason for asking is because the platform has really deteriorated in the past couple weeks. Like what has predictably happened with the bluechecks.

Twitter chaos over blue-tick 'Tony Blair' and 'George Bush' Iraq posts - The National
ELON Musk’s plan to allow Twitter users to pay for a “blue tick” has rapidly descended into chaos after accounts “verified” as George W Bush and Tony Blair said they “miss killing Iraqis”.

The new “Twitter Blue” feature, which allows users of the social media platform to pay a subscription fee of £6.99 or $7.99 a month to become “verified”, was rolled out in the UK and other nations on Thursday.

Countless scam and fake accounts sprang up in the wake of the rollout.

In one example, an account pretending to be former US president George W Bush – with the blue tick verification badge to prove it – tweeted: “I miss killing Iraqis [sad face emoji].”

In response to criticism aimed at its tweets, the Bush account wrote: “Y’all are missing the point about the $8. It’s a small price to make this app completely unusable and I’m assuming he [Musk] is going to quickly learn we can get refunds from the credit cards we used if he suspends us prior to a month.”

READ MORE: Elon Musk ‘kills’ 'official' verified labels on Twitter hours after introduction

They jokingly added: “Is what I would say if I was someone other than the greatest president America has ever known.”

Elsewhere, scams have cropped up pretending to be Twitter itself and trying to rob people of their crypto assets, such as NFTs and cryptocurrency.

One such scammer pretending to be the official account of the social media platform wrote: “Whoa, Twitter Blue is now available for free. Crypto/NFT holders can now get Twitter Blue for free by authenticating their wallet assets.

“Authenticate now: [scam website].

“Ps, there might be a little surprise after authenticating … bird NFT?”

SMH.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

a stabilizing influence
@libraryluna

I think it's great that we've become suddenly unable to verify official sources of information the same day I'm about to get hit with a hurricane.

https://twitter.com/libraryluna/status/ ... 2576307200

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Chad Loder
@chadloder

Want to block or mute all the accounts who are paying Elon Musk $8 to be blue verified? Twitter lets you search for them! Do a Twitter search for:

filter:blue_verified <search phrase>

For example, here's all the Blue verified Elon reply-guys. Have fun!👉
https://twitter.com/search?q=filter%3Ab ... ery&f=live

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/15 ... 9593605121

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Tweet's still up at the time of this post. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1590620293454008320

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ap215 »

Let's see how many real friends Elon will have left when Twitter is gone.

Via Twitter: @ZoeSchiffer

Wow. Elon Musk just told Twitter employees he’s not sure how much run rate the company has and “bankruptcy isn’t out of the question.”

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/ ... 0217348696
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Toonces »

The TeslaReal account always Tweet about a second Tesla slamming into the World Trade Center.

Of course, this was all expected.

I did set up a website wherein people could lookup if a user was verified before things changed. Looking at the analytics, nary a person has visited :)

(aretheyauthentic.com)
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Yah, it's all fun and games, until it's not just parody and starts costing Big Pharma billions.

Elon's checkmark doesn't mean crap.

Eli Lilly Clarifies It’s Not Offering Free Insulin After Tweet From Fake Verified Account—As Chaos Unfolds On Twitter
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadell ... 12c55e51a3

Their site being slammed also took down Sanofi & Novo Nordisk and the panic caused a major stock drop.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

I anticipated some degeneration on twitter, but this exceeds my wildest expectations. I had decided not to nuke my account, because the platform remains useful when suddenly there are six TV helicopters hovering over our house at 750 feet, as there were on Friday after some bozo stole a U-haul. Now I'm wondering again. Fake cops and fake fire departments and fake Nooz helicopter pilots look like the future.

Yeah, sell a blue tick to anyone for nine bucks a month with no name validation. Great idea, Elon.

And I can't even get too upset about it, frankly, because it serves Musk right. He seems to have a big problem with his mouth, hands, or body moving before his brain is up to temperature. Things ooze out of him, and we can't do anything about because this culture equates wealth with character.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:29 pm I anticipated some degeneration on twitter, but this exceeds my wildest expectations. I had decided not to nuke my account, because the platform remains useful when suddenly there are six TV helicopters hovering over our house at 750 feet, as there were on Friday after some bozo stole a U-haul. Now I'm wondering again. Fake cops and fake fire departments and fake Nooz helicopter pilots look like the future.

Yeah, sell a blue tick to anyone for nine bucks a month with no name validation. Great idea, Elon.

And I can't even get too upset about it, frankly, because it serves Musk right. He seems to have a big problem with his mouth, hands, or body moving before his brain is up to temperature. Things ooze out of him, and we can't do anything about because this culture equates wealth with character.
He either is destroying it on purpose on orders/suggestion from Putin and other fascist killers, or he is just a dumbshit who has others running his successful companies.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:29 pm I anticipated some degeneration on twitter, but this exceeds my wildest expectations. I had decided not to nuke my account, because the platform remains useful when suddenly there are six TV helicopters hovering over our house at 750 feet, as there were on Friday after some bozo stole a U-haul. Now I'm wondering again. Fake cops and fake fire departments and fake Nooz helicopter pilots look like the future.

What is up with this?

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/15912 ... Ev6jR8myDA

who is the preferred candidate LA Mayor candidate?
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

I'm not the one to ask, because I think LA is ungovernable no matter who is mayor.

Karen Bass has experience in Congress (think Black Caucus) and the State Assembly. I would guess that on paper, she's the more progressive of the two. That wouldn't be saying a lot, since Caruso is a multi-millionaire real estate developer who was a Republican until fairly recently. His promises of massive spending on the homeless problem are DOA at budget time. It's all campaign lies.

The mayor doesn't have as much power as in most cities. Most of the power rests with the Council, but right now that body is in a state of shock and paralysis. About the only thing coming out of this election that's worth much is that the County Sheriff was such a piece of work that it looks like the referendum to allow the Board of Supervisors to fire him will pass, and also he's losing his re-election bid. That second one never happens, but he's losing big. So either way he's gone and his self-immolation makes the office more accountable. Win-win.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:14 pm So I guess now Musk said on Twitter that, to hell with it, he’d keep funding his system in the Ukraine. I’m quite sure that he couldn’t take the PR heat, and his stock keeps tanking as it is - down 50% - but I’m sure he has no intention of doing so.
Elon Musk is a colonizer colonizing Twitter.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

:lol:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Looks like Twitter might be finished.

Also looks as though Elon destroyed the platform on purpose, if so. A ton of employees have now quit, including the core group of engineers that run the place.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Drak

Post by Drak »

Zoë Schiffer @ZoeSchiffer - Verified

NEW: The designers leading Elon Musk’s Blue verified project are out, along with the lead web engineer. Many Twitter employees who maintained critical infrastructure have resigned. This is going to look like a very different company tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/ ... 0051822592

Zoë Schiffer @ZoeSchiffer
NEW: Twitter just alerted employees that effective immediately, all office buildings are temporarily closed and badge access is suspended. No details given as to why.

Zoë Schiffer
@ZoeSchiffer

2h
Replying to
@ZoeSchiffer
We're hearing this is because Elon Musk and his team are terrified employees are going to sabotage the company. Also, they're still trying to figure out which Twitter workers they need to cut access for.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

I don't know anything about this tweet or its validity or anything, in this era of high tech deepfakes, but it's sure funny.

Space Karen!

https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1 ... 8682604544
https://twitter.com/christoq
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:33 pm Zoë Schiffer @ZoeSchiffer - Verified

NEW: The designers leading Elon Musk’s Blue verified project are out, along with the lead web engineer. Many Twitter employees who maintained critical infrastructure have resigned. This is going to look like a very different company tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/ ... 0051822592

Zoë Schiffer @ZoeSchiffer
NEW: Twitter just alerted employees that effective immediately, all office buildings are temporarily closed and badge access is suspended. No details given as to why.

Zoë Schiffer
@ZoeSchiffer

2h
Replying to
@ZoeSchiffer
We're hearing this is because Elon Musk and his team are terrified employees are going to sabotage the company. Also, they're still trying to figure out which Twitter workers they need to cut access for.
What a stupid bigot.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

lucytalk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:15 pm i agree with you. all i said was, "but the difference between employees and employees in a union is separated by law."
and i maintain employees have different laws than unions do. and in this case an employee legally can not demand no layoffs.
Any change in your view of Musk since he sent this out:
Twitter’s new owner Elon Musk has given employees until Thursday evening to commit to “extremely hardcore” work or else leave the company, according to a copy of a late-night internal email sent by the billionaire and obtained by CNN.

“Going forward, to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0 and succeed in an increasingly competitive world, we will need to be extremely hardcore,” Musk wrote in the memo. “This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.”

In the memo, Musk goes on to outline how Twitter will be “much more engineering-driven” and then gives staff an ultimatum. “If you are sure that you want to be part of the new Twitter, please click yes on the link below,” directing staff to what appears to be an online form.
There is a reason that we have wage and hour laws. People should not have to kill themselves with crazy hours and extreme pressure. They also have families, of which is obviously no concern of Musk.

But today's robber barons pay no more attention to their worker's humanity than those of old, do they?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:11 am Any change in your view of Musk since he sent this out:

There is a reason that we have wage and hour laws. People should not have to kill themselves with crazy hours and extreme pressure. They also have families, of which is obviously no concern of Musk.

But today's robber barons pay no more attention to their worker's humanity than those of old, do they?
I guess he still thinks he’s in an emerald mine in apartheidland.

Somebody deport his delusional ass…to Mars. I can’t wait for these slavedrivers to get TF off of this planet, which already has enough problems without them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

For some reason I sincerely don't understand, middle class right wingers hate it when people work in unions and make really good money and good benefits.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Space Karen!
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Freep this dumb bigot’s poll.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

Reinstate former President Trump

Yes

No

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593767953706921985

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:55 pm Freep this dumb bigot’s poll.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

Reinstate former President Trump

Yes

No

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593767953706921985
Also an indict poll, 67% yes...btw there was never NEVER any doubt this pig fuck would reinstate the other pig fuck

OF COURSE he was going to reinstate him, and now he has per something I just read. Hopefully when people get killed because trump tweeted to them to kill us, the feds can take twitter down.