Pelosi home invasion husband attacked

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Pelosi home invasion husband attacked

Post by carmenjonze »

I dislike this DA immensely. But I totally support her in this.

Watching this live - she said on camera that she believes it was politically motivated. The police chief said the SFPD has deferred to Capitol Police on this.

Which gives me hope. SFPD sux.

Paul Pelosi Attack: Federal Charges Filed Against Suspect - NBC Bay Area, Video
The announcement of the federal charges comes as San Francisco’s district attorney is set to announce state criminal charges as well against DePape, who police say shouted out “Where is Nancy?” during the attack. He was arrested Friday on suspicion of attempted murder, elder abuse and burglary and is expected to be arraigned on state charges Tuesday.

San Francisco’s district attorney, Brooke Jenkins, also rejected conspiracy theories about the attack, confirming the assailant was targeting the Democratic leader when he broke into the couple’s home.

“At the time that the suspect had entered the Pelosi home that he was in fact, looking for Ms. Pelosi,” Jenkins told reporters late Sunday in San Francisco.

“The other thing is we want to make it clear that there were only two people in the home at the time that the police arrived, Mr. Pelosi and the suspect, there was no third person present,” she said.

“We have nothing to suggest that these two men knew each other prior to this incident.”
Protect yourselves from these miserable conservative whites, both physically and politically. Their attitude is that they're somehow being deprived because they're no longer allowed to genocide, enslave, rape, mass-murder, discriminate against, and eliminate everyone else like they've done here for centuries.

Historically, they are lethal.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

United States of America vs. David Wayne DePape - US District Court for the Northern District of California (.pdf)

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Since gaybaiting didn't work, now they're trying immigrant-baiting.

Anything to distract from this guy repeating their own anti-immigrant xenophobic antisemitic QAnon white conservatism.

Now they're gonna be really confused...do they like visa overstays, now, or do they still hate them.

Bill Melugin
@BillFOXLA

NEW: Per ICE source, David DePape, the suspect accused of beating Paul Pelosi in his home with a hammer after breaking in, is currently in the U.S. illegally as a “longtime” visa overstay. @FoxNews

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/15 ... 9426851842

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:29 pm In LA you'd be more likely to have a bullet thrown at your windshield, though there are people who do get their jollies dropping stuff off overpasses.

Mostly you just want to stay away from here. It's a dying city.
That’s too bad. I haven’t been to LA in more than 10 years. It used to be a fun place to visit.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:10 pm That’s too bad. I haven’t been to LA in more than 10 years. It used to be a fun place to visit.
Shut up, you stupid idiot.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by JoeMemphis »

ProfX wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:44 am DePape had a list of other targets with him.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-pelos ... i-husband/

Yes, he was having gay affairs with all of them ... :roll:

I would ask how low the con commentariat can go ... but they have no bottom.

Glorious: even the new Lord of Twitter, Marquis deMusk, tweeted this CT out. Off to a glorious start. I may not have been Jack Dorsey's #1 fan, but at least he tried to avoid embarrassing himself and his platform.
I heard Obama say that we should let law enforcement do their job. I also watched to DA news conference and she said investigation was ongoing. So I can wait until the investigation has gotten a little further along. The guy sounds like he has some fairly serious mental issues.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:06 pm Since gaybaiting didn't work, now they're trying immigrant-baiting.

Anything to distract from this guy repeating their own anti-immigrant xenophobic antisemitic QAnon white conservatism.

Now they're gonna be really confused...do they like visa overstays, now, or do they still hate them.

Bill Melugin
@BillFOXLA

NEW: Per ICE source, David DePape, the suspect accused of beating Paul Pelosi in his home with a hammer after breaking in, is currently in the U.S. illegally as a “longtime” visa overstay. @FoxNews

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/15 ... 9426851842
Oh look, a digital blackface type steps right up to endorse their eliminatiomism.

Alien Hotep
@AlienHotep

Replying to
@BillFOXLA @pnjaban and @FoxNews

Canada is not sending us their best.

Or...maybe they are.

https://twitter.com/AlienHotep/status/1 ... 5558294528
Last edited by carmenjonze on Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

As if on cue...
JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:14 pm The guy sounds like he has some fairly serious mental issues.
:roll:

Well no, the guy sounds like a classic white-conservative elimiationist.

WTH would you know about anything.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:10 pm That’s too bad. I haven’t been to LA in more than 10 years. It used to be a fun place to visit.
We'll still take your money. We need it to buy votes in our corrupt elections, and clean up after the homeless.

Try not to look at the camera. Retakes cost money too.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:24 pm We'll still take your money. We need it to buy votes in our corrupt elections, and clean up after the homeless.

Try not to look at the camera. Retakes cost money too.
Might take me a while to get there. I haven’t flown since before the pandemic. I prefer to drive as I take my dogs with me and Tampa to LA is quite a drive. But if I do get there I will do my part to support the local economy.

4086 miles per Mapquest. A 38 hour drive. Lots of coffee.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

If you go anywhere near downtown, make sure all your immunizations are up to date. Avoid the rats. They pick up typhus from the homeless camps. Don't wear a Rolex. The ganstas kill to get those.

The street race in Cannonball Run was inspired by a real one where some car nuts in NYC would see who could get to a restaurant in Redondo Beach the quickest. It's in Brock Yates' book, which is long out of print but maybe the libraries would have it. He and Dan Gurney did it in only a day and a half in a Ferrari 365GTB.
Last edited by ZoWie on Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:37 pm If you go anywhere near downtown, make sure all your shots are up to date.
I’ve had em all.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

That's what the producer said in The Godfather.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:34 pm Might take me a while to get there. I haven’t flown since before the pandemic. I prefer to drive as I take my dogs with me and Tampa to LA is quite a drive. But if I do get there I will do my part to support the local economy.

4086 miles per Mapquest. A 38 hour drive. Lots of coffee.
We don't need any more violent confederates in California. Stay your dumb ass at home or just go to some other confederate state.

On the other hand, there are already tons of you smelling up, shooting up, and trying to destroy this state. You'll love it here.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

Plus CHP is clocking with airplanes now. If you go 175 MPH on the freeway, they can keep up, then they'll send one of their hot rod Mustangs with a trained performance driver after you.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:50 pm That's what the producer said in The Godfather.
Please don’t put a horses head in my bed. I was talking about vaccines.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

I was too.

I've had them all.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:04 pm I was too.

I've had them all.
When you are over 50 you are pretty much at risk for everything. Doesn’t hurt to be cautious.

When I walk into Publix to get my regular scripts, they always ask me about vaccinations. Covid, pneumonia, shingles, flu, tetanus. They can give all of those. Pretty convenient.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:56 pm We don't need any more violent confederates in California. Stay your dumb ass at home or just go to some other confederate state.

On the other hand, there are already tons of you smelling up, shooting up, and trying to destroy this state. You'll love it here.
THey dont believe the right is violent. I think it is 120 violent or deadly acts by the right and 1 from the left.

But no, they see no problem and if they do they will ASSURE you it is both sides.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/po ... 113878088/
Facebook posts: Black Lives Matter "injures 1000 police officers kills 36 people and does $8 billion in damage."

PolitiFact’s ruling: False
And if we compare to RIGHTWING violence, well we all know what that would look like.

Critics claim BLM protests were more violent than 1960s civil rights ones. That’s just not true.
But the media coverage of the two eras was quite different
Analysis by Kerby Goff and John D. McCarthy
October 12, 2021 at 6:00 a.m. EDT

People participate in a Black Lives Matter rally in Brooklyn on June 14, 2020. (Kathy Willens/AP)

Comment
Gift Article
Since it emerged in 2014, the Black Lives Matter movement has been compared to the civil rights movement. BLM advocates have argued that it continues past efforts toward racial justice; critics have argued instead that the BLM movement has not lived up to the civil rights movement’s nonviolent standards. In particular, conservative media outlets have charged that, after George Floyd’s murder last summer, BLM-inspired protests were “tearing apart our cities” and argued that it is “not a civil rights movement.”

Research has found that the 2020 protests were overwhelmingly peaceful.
Here at the Monkey Cage, political scientists Erica Chenoweth and Jeremy Pressman reported that their Crowd Counting Consortium (CCC) found that less than 4 percent of the summer’s protests involved property damage while 1 percent involved police injuries. Other data collections similarly found that 95 percent were peaceful.

How does this compare to civil rights era protests? Our research finds that on every measure available, last year’s BLM protests were more peaceful and less confrontational.

How we did our research

Civil rights protests and demonstrations were the most widespread from 1960 to 1968. From the student sit-in in Greensboro, N.C., on Feb. 1, 1960, to the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. on April 4, 1968, civil rights activists took direct action against discrimination. King and other movement leaders argued that protesters’ nonviolence would contrast with their opponents’ violence and would carry tremendous moral authority, even while critics blamed them for the violence.

We compare this period to the 2020 protests using two sources. Data on the 2020 racial justice protests come from the CCC, which relies on volunteers to compile data on U.S. protests since 2017 using online news articles, social media, and first-person reports.

For data on the civil rights movement, we used the Dynamics of Collective Action (DoCA) data set, a well-respected and widely used compendium of protests covered by the New York Times from 1960 to 1995.

From each source, we identified the protests and events focused on racial justice and civil rights. We calculated the percentage that contained mention of any police injuries, crowd injuries, property destruction or arrests.

The Floyd protests started out looking like 1968. They turned into 1964.

Civil rights movement protests were primarily nonviolent, and BLM protests were even more so

During these eight years of civil rights protests, 11 percent of the 2,681 events contained property damage. By contrast, during the 12,839 racial justice protests in 2020, only 4 percent included property damage.

Further, police were injured in 6 percent of the civil rights movement’s protests, but police were reported injured in only 2 percent of the 2020 protests.

Police were also more aggressive during the civil rights movement. Police arrested some protesters in 36 percent of all civil rights movement events but in just 7 percent of the Black Lives Matter protests last year.

Consistent with that, civil rights era protests were more dangerous for protesters than the 2020 protests; for instance, as many know, police fractured John Lewis’s skull when attacking civil rights marchers on the 1965 Selma-to-Montgomery march in Alabama that became known as “Bloody Sunday.” We found reports of crowd injuries from 12 percent of all civil rights movement protests, compared with only 3 percent of the 2020 protests.

In short, the racial justice protests of 2020 were both less violent and less dangerous than were civil rights-era protests. Black Lives Matter protesters were much less likely to destroy property or injure police and much less likely to be injured or arrested.

After the 2020 protests, Americans think differently about race. That could last generations.

Media coverage of the two movements was quite different

Many nonviolent protests have been highly effective in securing political change. The civil rights movement has become known for nonviolent resistance to police and vigilante violence. As scholars of social movements have found, attacks on protesters may help further movement goals — and that 1960s violence toward marchers helped rouse national and international support.

However, media coverage of the two eras of protest was quite different. During the 1960s civil rights movement, broadcasters united in showing clear and moving images, like that of the 1963 Children’s Crusade, when Birmingham, Ala., schoolchildren skipped classes to march — and police used water cannons and German shepherds to attack them.

But during last year’s BLM protests, when many Americans were at home under pandemic lockdown orders, people sought information from a far more diverse set of broadcast and social media. Some conservative media outlets or social media feeds overemphasized images of burning buildings and violent confrontations between protesters and police, making those aberrations appear to be the norm. President Donald Trump and some conservative pundits then insisted that the protests were dominated by “thugs” and “anarchists.”

These tactics seemed to have worked. According to the Pew Research Center, American support for the Black Lives Matter movement dropped from 67 percent in June 2020 to 55 percent in September 2020. Fully 60 percent of Whites said they supported Black Lives Matter in June 2020, but declined to 45 percent by September; among Republicans, support dropped from 37 percent to 16 percent from June to September 2020. Survey results from Civiqs show that Republican support declined and opposition increased just after Trump spoke about the protests to the nation on June 1.

TMC's Black Lives Matter topic guide offers links to comprehensive political science analysis of the movement.

To be sure, comparing a year of BLM protests to eight years of the civil rights movement is imperfect, and a number of factors may have led to declining support for the Black Lives Matter movement. But our research shows that even what was arguably the most disruptive year of BLM protests to date was more nonviolent than the civil rights era protests.

King famously defended disruptive protest in his “Letter from a Birmingham Jail,” saying that direct action can “dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored.” Last year’s BLM protests were especially nonviolent. But the conservative news media and the president with his White House megaphone successfully mischaracterized them as violent. That response appears to have undermined the brief widespread outrage at the cellphone video of Floyd’s murder under a policeman’s knee, the racism that act made visible, and the protests that aimed to prompt change.

Don’t miss any of TMC’s smart analysis! Sign up for our newsletter.

Kerby Goff (@kerbygoff) is a PhD candidate in sociology at Pennsylvania State University.

John D. McCarthy is an emeritus distinguished professor of sociology at Pennsylvania State University and author of numerous books and articles on social movements, protests, policing, media and collective action.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -not-true/
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:43 pm THey dont believe the right is violent. I think it is 120 violent or deadly acts by the right and 1 from the left.

But no, they see no problem and if they do they will ASSURE you it is both sides.
No, they don't.

They don't think violence against others is violence, they don't think their discrimination is discrimination, they don't think their oppression is oppression.

On the other hand, they think they're oppressed because it's now illegal for them to oppress. They think they're victims of violence because we push back when pushed. They think they're being discriminated against because they can no longer legally discriminate against everyone else.

Such paranoid, miserable people.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:50 pm No, they don't.

They don't think violence against others is violence, they don't think their discrimination is discrimination, they don't think their oppression is oppression.

On the other hand, they think they're oppressed because it's now illegal for them to oppress. They think they're victims of violence because we push back when pushed. They think they're being discriminated against because they can no longer legally discriminate against everyone else.

Such paranoid, miserable people.
Well put. Exactly.

I did a thread of Thom Hartmann describing them in multiple tweets, cons wont touch the thread because they cant disprove a single thing he said.

I mean they know in their gut the people they vote for will take their SS, but they are willing to risk it to retain the right to legislate against your very existence.

Or to make sure you dont teach CRT. Or that slavery existed, because it hurts their feelings to be reminded of it.

I dont know how soon it is gonna all unravel, but it is going to all unravel and all because of their hate.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:56 pm Well put. Exactly.

I did a thread of Thom Hartmann describing them in multiple tweets, cons wont touch the thread because they cant disprove a single thing he said.

I mean they know in their gut the people they vote for will take their SS, but they are willing to risk it to retain the right to legislate against your very existence.
Well, look. Every so-called white person at RFL is going to have these same types of people at their holiday dinners in a few weeks. And for the most part, they won't be countered or challenged, no different than any other year when things have been even worse for us.

I could GAS about their hate-based intenetions. Good luck to them with that, because I'm not going anywhere.

Paul Robeson said it best, 70n years ago at HUAC.
Mr. SCHERER: Why do you not stay in Russia?

Mr. ROBESON: Because my father was a slave, and my people died to build this
country, and I am going to stay here, and have a part of it just like you. And no Fascist-
minded people will drive me from it. Is that clear? I am for peace with the Soviet Union,
and I am for peace with China, and I am not for peace or friendship with the Fascist
Franco, and I am not for peace with Fascist Nazi Germans. I am for peace with decent
people.

Mr. SCHERER: You are here because you are promoting the Communist cause.

Mr. ROBESON: I am here because I am opposing the neo-Fascist cause which I see
arising in these committees. You are like the Alien [and] Sedition Act, and Jefferson
could be sitting here, and Frederick Douglass could be sitting here, and Eugene Debs
could be here.
The Soviet Union was not decent people then, and neither was China. They're not decent people now, either. Paul Robeson and was famously wrong about that, both at the time and shown by history.

The USA OTOH was a shithole of white conservatism for African Americans and a ton of other people in 1956, and was no better than the totalitarian states of the USSR and PRC China.

By 1956, when Robeson was on the bullshit HUAC stand for being an unapologetic Civil Rights activist, the US government had been supporting so-called ex-Nazis to bolster American science and tech research for 11 years.

Operation Paperclip - Wikipedia

Civil Rights people were put on the stand by the same government at the same time. :?

These commiebaiters around here would never make the cut to be on HUAC. They're too desperate, and it would show.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

:lol:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Toonces »

Hate is not a mental illness.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Who is this piece of shit, who I promise you is supported by board con

Charlie Kirk Says a 'Patriot' Should Bail Out Alleged Paul Pelosi Attacker
Republicans usually tout a “tough on crime” stance, but right-wing commentator Charlie Kirk thinks a man who is set to be charged with attempted homicide should be allowed out on bail.

“Why has he not been bailed out?” Kirk said Monday on his podcast of the man who allegedly beat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul with a hammer last Friday. “By the way, if some amazing patriot out there in San Francisco or the Bay Area wants to really be a midterm hero, someone should go and bail this guy out, I bet his bail’s like thirty or forty thousand bucks.” With a smirk, he added: “Bail him out and then go ask him some questions.”

-snip-

Because DePape had a history of blogging about far-right ideas and even dabbled in QAnon conspiracy theories, the GOP has scrambled to deny that this was an attempted assassination of a leading Democrat. Some have gone as far as peddling a conspiracy theory of their own. An “opinion” piece in the fake news publication the Santa Monica Observer falsely claimed that DePape was a sex worker hired by Pelosi and the two had gotten into a physical dispute. The piece was amplified by, among others, Elon Musk, who later deleted his tweeted link without explanation or apology.

Kirk hinted on Monday that DePape, whom he called a “gay schizophrenic nudist,” would confirm that version of events when given the opportunity — if only someone bailed him out. In fact, DePape is being held without bail, which would seem a major impediment to such a stunt, and perhaps one reason Kirk has not attempted to orchestrate it himself.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cha ... 49592.html