Texas Sending Students Home With DNA Kits

News and events of the day
Drak

Texas Sending Students Home With DNA Kits

Post by Drak »

How about passing some regulation gun laws instead of ways to identify a child’s corpse?

And I thought Republicans were all about privacy?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/te ... d_nn_tw_ma

Texas schools send parents DNA kits to identify their kids’ bodies in emergencies
The state of Texas is sending public school students home with DNA kits designed to help their parents identify their children “in case of an emergency.”

In 2021, the Texas state legislature passed Senate Bill No. 2158, a law requiring the Texas Education Agency to “provide identification kits to school districts and open-enrollment charter schools for distribution to the parent or legal custodian of certain students.”

The law passed after eight students and two teachers were shot and killed inside Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas, and almost a year before 19 fourth-graders and two teachers were gunned down inside Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas..

… The three-fold pamphlets allow caregivers to store their children’s DNA and fingerprints at home, which could then be turned over to law enforcement agencies in the event of an “emergency.” According to the legislation mandating the kits be provided to qualifying Texas families, the fingerprint and DNA verification kits were intended to “help locate and return a missing or trafficked child.”
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ProfX

Re: Texas Sending Students Home With DNA Kits

Post by ProfX »

Yeah, considering the weapons they use in most school shootings shred their small bodies beyond recognition ... :shock:

Free bulletproof backpacks with every kit ... :cry:

Of course, the school promises not to misuse this information and keep it confidential ... just like the cameras that watch you doing homework. :|

Now, me, I'd focus more on stopping disasters before they happen, but, ya know ... sigh.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:01 pm And I thought Republicans were all about privacy?
Yeah, the privacy to put on a white sheet and hood and not be unhooded.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Toonces »

To fix the problem of mass shootings they'd have to regulate firearms. If they go regulating firearms, how will they scare voters? If voters aren't terrified, then they lose power.

Won't someone please think of the ch...Republican politician!
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Isn't this an admission by the state of Texas that they can't protect the students in their care? And because Texas schools can't protect their student doesn't it send a message to the mentally unstable that Texas schools are easy targets?
When you vote left, you vote right.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Number6 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:59 pm Isn't this an admission by the state of Texas that they can't protect the students in their care? And because Texas schools can't protect their student doesn't it send a message to the mentally unstable that Texas schools are easy targets?
{bold] My first thought. Hey, we can't protect them but at least we'll give ya back the right body parts for burial.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]