Dallas police: Shooting at Koreatown salon not hate crime

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Dallas police: Shooting at Koreatown salon not hate crime

Post by carmenjonze »

Sorry but I do not believe the Dallas police.

Dallas police: Shooting at Koreatown salon not hate crime - Tri-City Herald
Authorities are still searching for a man dressed all in black who shot the three women Wednesday afternoon at Hair World Salon, which is in a shopping center with many businesses owned by Korean Americans. Police say the shooter drove off in a maroon minivan.

The three women were taken to a hospital with injuries that weren't life-threatening, police said.

The daughter of one of the injured women said her mother told her that the man, who she didn't recognize, calmly walked in, opened fire and then left.

“He was calm. He just walked up to it and then stood there — didn’t walk around — but stood there and shot like 20 shots and then just calmly went out,” said Jane Bae, who wasn’t there but had spoken with her mother.

Dallas Police Sgt. Warren Mitchell told KDFW that police believe the shooter shouted something when he came in, but police hadn't figured out what it was.

Police said they were looking into reports of a dispute earlier in the day involving a customer to see if it's connected to the shooting. “We’re not ruling it out, but right now I don’t want to relate the two unless I’m for sure,” Mitchell said. Bae said that her mother, who owns the salon, and a salon worker were shot, in addition to a customer.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells